Pocketbike Forum banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Not to long a go I rebuilt the top end on my Polini 4.2 air cooled, spent hundreds but its worth it. I would run a CS coil and other parts before Polini.

Attachments

·
Registered
542 Posts
CS coil won't fit in the Polini crankcase, CS runs a 3 iron ignition and Polini a 2 iron ignition. And it's not a Polini it's a seletra, IDM or ducati ignition.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I personally like the China bikes because they are cheap and great for a youngster on a real tight budget. Well to rebuild they are cheap, everybody seems to want a pretty penny for even projects around my area. And resale is hit and miss

·
Registered
75 Posts
And they are fast enough. I don’t need to go 50 mph and a pocket bike. If I can do 30 to 35 I’m more than happy. Otherwise I feel like I need to gear up for a midevil fight

·
Registered
257 Posts
Yes sir, my Polini has a new Polini coil, The BZM has a CS coil. Use to get my parts from Stoney at MSMM, but he is gone now, grrr. I have a real Polini 40mm W/C head and cyld, The cyld is scared some, might be able to bore and chrome plate it. It was extra stuff that came with my basket case 50cc Banshee Sho. I don't need them. My Sho has a 40mm ADA billet racing head, 13:1 and 15:1 caps

Attachments

·
Registered
128 Posts
CS coil won't fit in the Polini crankcase, CS runs a 3 iron ignition and Polini a 2 iron ignition. And it's not a Polini it's a seletra, IDM or ducati ignition.
The blata 2.5 has a selettra coil, I haven't looked at Elite 11's yet. I ordered CS clutch bell assembly for the elite 11. I'm looking at some rear hydraulic brake setups now for elite 11. I will make a new thread for each rebuild of the 2.5 and Elite 11

·
Registered
257 Posts
I ordered a Ducati coil for my C1 had to make my own bracket but it works great, it came from Singapore, almost everything is made over seas now, accept for a few Euro bike makers. You can buy new arms and springs a lot cheaper and rebuild your clutch plate, they have kits w/ springs and all the stuff you need.

·
Registered
128 Posts

That's the clutch I have on order right now, things was expensive! Over 100 euro!! I saw the blank plates and different arms, springs etc but didn't know too much about them.

Could you recommend a spring and arm combo? I will put that on the 6.2 with 5-port head and 17.5mm carb. Was told could be around 10hp with that setup

·
Registered
257 Posts
Did you get a piston with your order?? My 4.2 A/C Polini I got off eBay, $178, long block, no flywheel, clutch or coil, About $300 in parts. It did come w/ manifold and 14/14 SHA Dell 'Orto carb. Well, you know where to come for help, cause we all need help from time to time, lol.

·
Registered
542 Posts
View attachment 159986
That's the clutch I have on order right now, things was expensive! Over 100 euro!! I saw the blank plates and different arms, springs etc but didn't know too much about them.

Could you recommend a spring and arm combo? I will put that on the 6.2 with 5-port head and 17.5mm carb. Was told could be around 10hp with that setup
Depends on rider weight and pad material. You should buy a bzm or cs. The Polini is not the best but the expensive one.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Depends on rider weight and pad material. You should buy a bzm or cs. The Polini is not the best but the expensive one.
Thank you for the help I'm clueless on these euro bikes. I weigh 185lbs, do you think I can get away with putting that Polini clutch on my Blata 2.5 and i'll just buy a BZM or CS clutch for the Elite 11??

I have found a few places that sell the Dellorto 17.5mm PHBN carb but can't find the PHBG in a 18mm, all I can find is 19mm. Will the 19mm PHBG work or stick with PHBN 17.5mm?

·
Super Moderator
2,773 Posts
It's better to under carb then it is to flood it out over carbing it the 2.5 I think is a genuine Robbin/Subaru 411 engine

If it where me I would just put a CAG engine on it and keep looking for the correct parts.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Take the clutch and use it, when it's worn you can replace the pads with a cs or bzm, cost about 30€
The clutch won't fit into the Blata.
As bigger the carb as harder to tune it correctly.
Would go under as kitty say, you could also give him a try with the Sha 14. Choose a bigger jet to be secure. 14mm run a 73 jet try it with a 80 or 82 jet.
I have a 18mm carb used her and cs pads. I also reline the pads with my own material, if interested pm me.

·
Registered
128 Posts
It's better to under carb then it is to flood it out over carbing it the 2.5 I think is a genuine Robbin/Subaru 411 engine

If it where me I would just put a CAG engine on it and keep looking for the correct parts.
I thought we were talking about the polini 6.2 in this thread not the 2.5???

I really don't want to mix china parts on a euro bike. I have a Cag/MTA-2 I can ride while I work on this.
So far I have ordered a flywheel, pull start and cover, gasket set, carburetor rebuilt kit etc. Just the etenials to get the motor running. It needs bearings, sprocket, probably a coil, rotors, a caliper and a few other things that I will order soon.

Take the clutch and use it, when it's worn you can replace the pads with a cs or bzm, cost about 30€
The clutch won't fit into the Blata.
As bigger the carb as harder to tune it correctly.
Would go under as kitty say, you could also give him a try with the Sha 14. Choose a bigger jet to be secure. 14mm run a 73 jet try it with a 80 or 82 jet.
I have a 18mm carb used her and cs pads. I also reline the pads with my own material, if interested pm me.
It has a 14/14L on it now which you mentioned was going to be dangerous lean. What's the difference between the 14L and the SHA? I have no problem buying the PHBN 17,5 if that carb will work better

·
Registered
542 Posts
It will work better, but can run the 14mm for a try, that's what I mean.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Oh I see thank you. I'll just buy the 17.5mm carb. I want to build this bike right as I plan to ride it, I can't wait to feel the power of this thing

·
Registered
542 Posts
You will also need a other suction manifolder for the 17,5mm carb.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts