Pocketbike Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm from New York but stay in Mesa AZ, I know city boy in the desert? lol anyways im new to the pocket bike game. I'd say less than a month ago i ordered a GP RSR from minipocketrockets.com and it runs good , messed the chain up but will be getting a new one in the mail this weekend I hope.. Just a few hours ago i purchased an X2 Pocket Bike from a guy on CG the bike is clean and so is the engine and everything else. only thing wrong is the wiring unit. He told me i could buy a wiring harness online for cheap and I found one here http://www.pocketbikeparts.com/Wire...Size_Pocket_Bike_p/x1wh302197.htm?click=10240 .. my question is, is there a video / tutorial where it'll show me how to re do this , and how lon does it take? , I want my headlight and speedometer to work and I also wanna install LED light on my X2 , that I will do as soon as i fix the wiring on it lol anyways if you can help plz reply , will post pics of bikes !!
Thanks

·
PBP SENIOR M!LKER
2,445 Posts
The seller says its only the wire harness?? lol Whats happening with the bike for this diagnosis?? How much is the bike? How long will it take? How long do you think it will take you to strip the bike and match the ends to all those wires??

If they match... lol 3 hours??? :rolleyes:

·
French Fries N Cheese
1,174 Posts
Welcome to pbp. Know how to read a wiring diagram and a blown up schematic of the bike? both those are available somewhere around here. You might want to consider reading all about your bikes before going out on them again. these things are fragile, poorly built and poorly assembled in china. I recommend you do as much as you can to ensure the reliability before taking it out to ride again, not only will you learn much about how they work, you will be able to find and fix the problem when there is a problem.

Another thing is that there are alot of aftermarket performance parts out there for these bikes, which will help you achieve better reliability. Theres also a ton of DIY mods that can be done relatively easy, depending on your ability to work with engine parts and tools.

Anyways, good luck. have fun, and dont forget a helmet ;).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.