Pocketbike Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Razor mx500 (mildly modded 1800w monster)
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i landed myself a razor imod scooter for $20 yesterday, looks complete minus the batteries and charger. I plan on setting it up so my daughter and fiancee can use it. Here's what I'm thinking...

1. Swap out speed controller for my old modified razor e300 speed controller. I'm not sure yet what the specs are for the imod but something tells me it's not 300w like the e300 was. Plus mine has the speed limiter bypass so there's that.

2. Swap motor in favor of the e300 motor I have lying around... again mostly because something tells me the imod isn't 300w but I could be wrong

3. Overvolt it to 36v using left over 12ah sla batteries.

I have the 36v razor charger i wont need anymore for the mx500 and the razor 36v charging port. My question for you guys is this... can i plug in the 36v charging port to the 24v speed controller and use it to charge the 36v set up? I dont really want to charge them individually as itll take forever and i dont wanna do a 24v power source because i don't have a 24v charger anymore. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
What's your poison? Mine is 40:1
1,439 Posts
As far as I remember the E300 and Imod both use a 24v 250 watt motor. I believe, not 100%, the charge process goes through the controller but has a closed loop separate from the throttle part of it. If it was me I would try it but be by it and test temperature every 20min or so.
Again, not 100%

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
As far as I remember the E300 and Imod both use a 24v 250 watt motor. I believe, not 100%, the charge process goes through the controller but has a closed loop separate from the throttle part of it. If it was me I would try it but be by it and test temperature every 20min or so.
Again, not 100%
Good to know thank you! Unfortunately I'm stuck troubleshooting my mx500 all of a sudden (just made a post about it) so that's taking precedence at the moment

·
Administrator
3,622 Posts
Gang charging the SLA batteries is not the best situation it always over charges One battery and under charges the other ones... It's best to get a charger like the genius that has the four chargers built into one and hook the batteries up to xt60s and charge them individually.

·
Registered
What's your poison? Mine is 40:1
1,439 Posts
Unfortunately most people don't have the funds for a charger like that. That was why I went from lead acid to lithium. One charger, one pack, and have had great results following a bunch of my friends that went with them in the past few years. And honestly if I had a charger like that I still probably wouldn't use it and stick with the lead acids.
SLA's suck. Lol

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Unfortunately most people don't have the funds for a charger like that. That was why I went from lead acid to lithium. One charger, one pack, and have had great results following a bunch of my friends that went with them in the past few years. And honestly if I had a charger like that I still probably wouldn't use it and stick with the lead acids.
SLA's suck. Lol
I couldn't agree more, I'm less than impressed by the performance of my sla 18ah batteries

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.