Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hey guys picked up a lil bike the other day (in my profile pic) the manual states its a 47cc but brand/model etc i cant figure between the terrible translation and oily finger prints all over it :confused: the guy said it was big bored, rocket key'd, "carbon fibre" exhaust, aluminum pegs, anodized red sprocket, aftermarket carb (id like to know which one), rear tire is a slick and i think thats about it. came with THREE complete engines carb,flywheel,head etc. got er all for 80 bucks cash :cool:
the rocket key is a 10 degree timing advance correct?

·
But who prays for Satan?
6,571 Posts
Here is his bike guys...

I think it's an MT-A2 <---Full Fairing Cag ?!?!?

We would need to see more pictures to be able to tell what all has been done to it, but the mods listed are all possible, just need to see more...

Make a free account at photobucket.com or just upload some more pictures to any free online photo hosting site, then post the url (Links) to the pictures, and we will be able to be much more helpful.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Wow thats a great deal! and yes I believe it is an MT-A2 too but like nick says more pics would really help!

Rider110

·
Hooligan
8,578 Posts
Yah, that's an A2, and if that list of all the mods on it is correct, you stole that bike from him, dude .... good score! Nice camo paint job.

Pull the lower fairings off, let us get a look at that engine. Take a couple of shots of the carburetor, too.

Welcome to the Planet ... you're gonna have fun here.

==========================

Nick:
MT-A1 - half fairing Cag/Daytona, 47cc a/c 2-stroker
MT-A2 - same as above, but full fairing
MT-A3 - aka GP RS-R - has a shock absorber on the rear swingarm, bike is approx 4" longer and taller, same engine, longer exhaust pipe
MT-A4 - aka B-1 replica, C-1 - 39cc-43cc w/c engine, five-piece frame

·
Banned
21,744 Posts
Looks like the Giovanni F2 w/camo scheme paintjob..............Youre gonna have to relink the pics...........They dont seem to be working...........

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
there they are.
note to self and others, do not let friends ride your bike unless your prepared for it to be broken. new forks, fender, and cracked frame after a little wide open throttle incident. camo will be no longer, startin with grey primer tonight and see where it goes
-still luv ya tho buddy lol

·
Banned
21,744 Posts
Well the pic with the camo scheme and blue front fender that engine looks like it could be a 40mm/43cc engine......I can almost tell in the pic by the fins on the head.............They look like they go almost all the way around

I need a better pic of both heads to tell you if its a 43 or 49cc.......

·
Hooligan
8,578 Posts
Sounds like "friends" need to pony up a little dinero to help pay for what they wrecked, amigo ..... I men, it's only fair - they broke it, they should help pay for the parts at least, since you're going to be doing the hard part of rebuilding it.

·
Banned
21,744 Posts
he did, even picked up the parts and a bike for himself. A1 fella, he'll be making a profile this week.
Sounds like a stand-up friend.............I like those types..............Its good to hear hes picked himself up one aswell........Is it brand new or used?

Ive had my share of the ride wreckers...What sux is because I built most of them and have parts laying around they think they dont have to be responsible for their damage to my property anything above a flat tire or normal damage...........

Needless to say I have fewer friends because of it which is ok because my bikes basically stay in 1 piece now.....lol.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Sounds like a stand-up friend.............I like those types..............Its good to hear hes picked himself up one aswell........Is it brand new or used?

Ive had my share of the ride wreckers...What sux is because I built most of them and have parts laying around they think they dont have to be responsible for their damage to my property anything above a flat tire or normal damage...........

Needless to say I have fewer friends because of it which is ok because my bikes basically stay in 1 piece now.....lol.
hes the one texting on that 49cc blue cag, its bone stock, gps tracked him at 49.9km/h after some carb cleaning on 94 octane premium and lucas semi synthetic oil @ 50:1. unbelievable top end power band, sounds like VTEC on steroids

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
so from those pics can the engine be identified? also, my current reed and the one in the pic has metal "flaps" are these stock reeds because i also have a broken reed in my parts box that is cheap black plastic.
After running for a few days i noticed weak top end power, intermittant rough idle, random revving, so i pulled that aftermarket carb and put on the stock one. It idles like a muscle car, sputters and chokes off the line but when it gets wound up the top end is much better. could the rocket key be advancing the timing too much for that stock carb till the revs increase?

1 - 20 of 44 Posts