Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I bought a used PR200 for my son along with 2 new 9amp 12 batteries.
Not liking anything stock I bought a +5 adapter which works fine, however with the 7.2 RC battery charge only last around 7 -8 minutes until I have to pull 7.2.

Bike is stock otherwise.

1. My ? is, can I wire another 12v under the seat using the +5 adapter?
2. Will charger charge all three 12v batteries @ once?

thanks in advance...

·
Registered
248 Posts
So it is possible to add a extra battery with out changing the throttle/controller but is recommended, I would use the razor mx500/650 controller to if you want to add a extra battery.But if you want to add a extra battery with out changing the controller you will need this switch Calterm Electronics Brass Pushbutton Starter Switch — 60 Amp | Switches + Fuses | Northern Tool + Equipment and of course a extra 12 volt 7 amp battery and you will need a 12 volt battery charger but unless you know all about electronics or are willing to take a small chance of this possibly damaging your motor over a time.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Hi,
an additional 12v will most likely blow the controller. Try a 6 volt ~9ah SLA battery instead. The speed will be a bit slower than the 7.2 pack but the electronics will be a lot cooler and happier.
You will need to find a charger for a 30v pack or charge the 6 volt separately.

Not a very good idea (bad actually) to mix battery types like that kit does.

Hugh
SDscooters

·
Registered
375 Posts
yep! mixing batty types is horrible! mixing ah is also very horrible! if you have 9ah batts do what SD said and stick with a 9ah battery whether it is 6v or 12v.

your charger is only 24v it will not charge 3 batteries, but you have many options; you could buy a 36v charger for under $20, even buy a xlr charge port for $3 if needed, you can buy a car charger with adjustable amp setting and charge all 3 batteries. you need to fashion a wire harness that lets you run the bike at 36v and charge at 12v.
you never want more than 2amp charge per battery, so if you have 3 batteries, a 6amp car charger will charge them in less than 90min.(been there done that)

what you are doing with a +5 kit(first off the wire harness can be made for $3 if you order the parts from tncscooters) is you are draining, well overdraining the +5 battery before your ride is over. this will drasticlly reduce its lifespan, cause it to possibly puff up, leak, or even explode.
most likely it will just die quick and you've blown $40.

you can totally add a 3rd battery, but make sure they are all fresh! don't mix old and new batteries or the new one will quickly overdrain and become weak like the old ones.

an MX500 style controller can handle 48v easily so your 36v won't be a problem...they run $24 on tncscooters.
you can also upgrade to a 350watt 24v motor for $35($12 shipping) on tnc,
if you really wanted to go crazy you can run a 36v 350watt motor on 48v and have a bike that'll do 25mph....
take a little time to read some threads and gather info and make an informed desicion.
I jumped in too quick and burned out a 1000watt motor. an $80 mistake I won't make again! (i hit 26mph on a purple razor scooter!)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts