Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hiya, Just purchased my bike today for $150. The seller didn't know what model it is only that the engine is 49cc. I'll post pictures first and if anyone can identify what bike/model it is and then answer my questions I'd appreciate it. Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet That's three images of the bike. If you need any more/specific images I can take them. The seller said that "Works fine, cuts out with no throttle input after like a second or two. Easy fix just need to know how to mess with the idle." I have done some research in adjusting the idle and it seems easy to do it with a screwdriver.

Questions:
How long would a full tank of fuel last? e.g 30 minutes at 30km/
What fuel do I use?
Is there anything I need to do/check as it is a second hand bike?
Is there anything else I should know before I use it/start trying to fix it?

Thanks for your help:tango_face_smile:

·
Banned
21,742 Posts
Welcome to the site....you have an MT-A2 Full fairing daytona cagllari thats missing the lower fairing and the nosecone...it could be either 43cc or 49cc...

$150 isnt an overly great price for a used bike but its half of what a brand new one costs now these daays anyway.......

The gas mixture is 91 octane fuel 50:1 mixture....some like to run as low as 40:1 to get extra performance out of it which lessens engine life...

Sparkplug is BM6a NGK gapped to .030"

The fuel cutoff problem isnt idle screw related....its fuel delivery related....Look up petcock mod in the forum search and do the mod.....

Id also upgrade the fuelline/fuel filter to 1/4".....Good luck with it....

·
Banned
24,145 Posts
Drop the float bowl and make sure the tiny brass main is clean, about a .025" hole, gets dirty from just sitting for months. This is what the look like w/ full fairings.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Welcome! Sweet bike. I'm tempted to get another cag for my wife, something simple not too many mods.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
The gas mixture is 91 octane fuel 50:1 mixture....some like to run as low as 40:1 to get extra performance out of it which lessens engine life...
Wait mixing the fuel with more oil decreases engine life?

·
Banned
21,742 Posts
Wait mixing the fuel with more oil decreases engine life?

Yeah...on 2 stroke engines more oil than needed can scorch rings caused by over-carbonized ring lands aswell as over-carbonize a pistontop/exhaust pipe.....all arent any good in keeping an engine around for a long time.....

running the proper amount of 2 stroke oil and fuel grade is pretty pertinent...My 137cc racekart runs on 75:1

Also some 2 stroke oils burn hotter which in turn adds heat contrary to the idea that extra oil will keep the engine running extra cool...Check out the article in dirtbike magazine....DB mag has been around longer than youve been alive and they have done extensive testing on the subject...

A Nice diamond cut hone job on the cylinder and a sweet CNC groove job on the piston will work huge wonders in 2 strokes....the crosshatches and grooves on the piston trap the oil to lessen the friction on the rings naturally too......

Brand new engine ran on 25:1 and not broken-in properly.....engine had less than 10hours on it....

Notice where the excess oil carbonized first totally wiping out the rings causing severe premature blow-by

·
Banned
24,145 Posts
I use AMSoil Dominator Syn. 2 stroke racing oil, listed as 50:1 mix, burns really clean. I was told AMSoil invented Syn. oil. See it at all the dirt bike races. I use 20/50 AMSoil 4 stroke motorcycle racing oil in my X18 and all my 4 stroke engines

·
Banned
21,742 Posts
I use AMSoil Dominator Syn. 2 stroke racing oil, listed as 50:1 mix, burns really clean. I was told AMSoil invented Syn. oil. See it at all the dirt bike races. I use 20/50 AMSoil 4 stroke motorcycle racing oil in my X18 and all my 4 stroke engines
Amsoil is really for 4 stroke engines in my opinion....when they broke into the 2 stroke game it kinda pushed the envelope....Back in my kart racing days I used KLOTZ and use Golden Spectro in the bikes.

For a lil bit I experimented with 2 stroke oils in different types of bikes and Ive used Maxxim 927 and other fancy synthetic castor based oils.....The engine performance was pretty good while it lasted or I mean didnt last.........I found myself actually doing a tad bit more engine maintainance

I have a guy that used to live near me that sells Amsoil....I used it....He has an old 89 GMC with an AmsOil Banner on the tailgate that says over 400,000 miles and still kicking.....Truck hasnt been driven since 2004..............LOL....

My 91 F250 has over 530,000 miles and I only use Moboil1 with the Mobil1 extra capacity oil filter in it so it just comes to show theres oils just as good.....I dont change my oil every 3000 miles either.....I change mine at 10 grand or when the oil pressure climbs lazily at startup.........

As long as you run the barest minimal of lubrication in your fuel to keep the piston from seizing aswell as the right octane fuel and correct heat range sparkplug you can virtually run a two stroke on anything.....

How it runs and reacts is another..........Some synthetic two smoke oils that contain castor based oils in their proprietary mix can actually overcool a two stroker engine causing a quick rate of carbon build-up aswell as fouled sparkplugs and lots of spooge..........Those traits arent any good in maintaining engine longevity either....

What most dont realize is that if you mix your fuel with the barest minimal oil in the fuel for protection the rate of oil can still be adjusted with your jetting setting...........

Ive come to find with these smaller 2 stroke engines a true TC-W3 based ashless 2 stroke oil goes alot longer way than those synthetic castor based 2 stroke oils..........

I have yard equipment in excess of 10 years old and still running this present day that have been mixed to 50:1 since day 1 and they werent mixed with 2 stroke oils.....I use automatic transmission fluid..:tango_face_devil:

·
Banned
24,145 Posts
I don't use AmSoil in my V8 Dodge truck, Napa 5/30w. Syn., mine takes 6 qts. Since I live in the forest my one horse town Auto/Hardware store only carries AMSoil 2 and 4 stroke motorcycle oil only, so unless I want to drive 35 miles to a big auto/motorcycle store, I use the 3 mile away store, there is a Napa store 8 miles away and they don't carry motorcycle oil at all, while 13 miles to Guerneville, on The Russian River the True Value hardware store has motorcycle oil, lol.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts