Pocketbike Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys,

I made an account on the forum a while ago because i had a cag pocket bike that i bought cheap, fixed it up, painted it nice, and then resold.

But now im here with another project. I picked up a 110cc bike, and a cateye along with a spare 49cc engine for 70 bucks. (I think i might have said 80 in the vid but it was 70). Im here for your expert advice. The 110cc i have no idea what brand or model it is. There is nothing on the frame, and i think it was a custom bike. There seem to be alot of crappy welds along the frame and the exhaust is just sitting off to a side. Hopefully it is a stock bike and someone can help me identify it. I only have pics of that bike, but in the video you can see the cateye.

I got the cateye started with some starting fluid, so then i knew it was the carb that was bad. So i took it off and brought it inside to clean it up. I was just gonna boil it in lemon juice because that has workes soo far for my other carbs that ive had to clean. And then i have to fix the brakes and the throttle and it should be good. this bike im not too worried about, its the other one that has me scared.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ml8vHiNtk8Q

So yeah check out the video!!!! And lemme know what bike it is.

Thanks,
Josh

Attachments

·
Banned
21,742 Posts
You have an X8...Look on top of the cylinder to see what it says as far as CM3 #'s////////X8's came 2 and 4 stroke......110cc engines come full auto,,semi auto and full manual.The exhaust is a pitbike exhaust........It wont work so well...........

For your cateye you most likely need to replace the carb gaskets making sure the purgeport holes line up and youll need to richen the lowspeed needle.........

Heres some wiring schematics you can use to chop up the wiring harness and make it work as 3 seperate systems........

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok thanks for the replies. So you dont think that the exhaust it has will work? Ive seeen pitbikes with those same engines. And 4 strokes dont require backpressure so ill just find a way to mount the exhaust and stick with it for now.

As far as the wiring, should i just remove everything it has now and do it as you say in the pics? If so which pic should i go with?

Thanks

·
Banned
21,742 Posts
Ok thanks for the replies. So you dont think that the exhaust it has will work? Ive seeen pitbikes with those same engines. And 4 strokes dont require backpressure so ill just find a way to mount the exhaust and stick with it for now.

As far as the wiring, should i just remove everything it has now and do it as you say in the pics? If so which pic should i go with?

Thanks
To start with youre gonna need the Ignition system to get it firing and the starter diagram to get it cranking seeings its full auto.........

After you get it running add in the charging system to charge up the battery while riding

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok thanks for the help!! After taking another look at the diagrams you provided above and matching it to what was on the frame i have a better understanding. I will get to the wiring when the weather gets a little better.

On another note i was able to get the cateye running and riding!! Just had to clean out the primer bulb and then i mounted the carb up again. Primed it a few times and after messing with the idle for a little while i got it running good. :) It was missing the throttle so i very poorly hooked up an old twist grip that i had and it worked so i went for a ride. THESE THINGS ARE SKETCHY!!!!! Ive ridden go karts, dirtbikes, and a cag pocket bike before and then i came to this thinking itd be easy but since the steering is so low and touchy it is easy to lose control at high speeds. I went a full throttle on my street and drove over some bad bumps and lost control... Luckily i didnt fall though i was able to regain it and then i rode off. It was scary! needless to say, i will now wear a helmet whenever i ride...

Next up for the cateye will be fixing the brakes (need new pads), taking it all apart and painting the frame metallic purple, the rims white, and the plastics white with purple decals. My little brother chose the colors......

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.