Pocketbike Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought this for Kids to boot around on and the battery is already failing so I figure it's time to upgrade things. I had bought an Indian Scout so it seemed the right thing to do (I have since sold it and bought a Honda crf300l. I hate riding pavement)....and I have a Zero DS so like electric. My 3.5 year old bpy has an Oset 12.5 and it rips!!

Lurked around a bit and I get the feeling the Indian is an SX500?

I'm hoping to start with battery/motor upgrades (more power good) then suspension later.

Any suggestions on best package for this little bike would be welcome.

·
Registered
What's your poison? Mine is 40:1
882 Posts
Yeah, looks like a razor. First upgrade, lithium battery. Then there is lots you can do. 24v 500w motor (it will be overvolted with the stock36v system)
Install a 650 or 800 watt 36v motor. Or go crazy with the 1800watt brushless setup

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, looks like a razor. First upgrade, lithium battery. Then there is lots you can do. 24v 500w motor (it will be overvolted with the stock36v system)
Install a 650 or 800 watt 36v motor. Or go crazy with the 1800watt brushless setup
Cray seems like a good idea :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
882 Posts
Yeah one mx500 I used to have had a 650 watt motor, did 18mph with lead acid batteries. Another bike had an 800 watt motor. And a third bike mx500 has the 24 volt 500-watt motor with a 36 volt 1000 watt controller and a lithium pack. It will do 25 everywhere and hit 27 Peak.

·
Super Moderator
3,179 Posts
Search around and you will find threads varying from completely homemad all the way up to unlimited budget builds.

Bang for your buck the 36v 800-w motor with 1000-w speed control and any li ion 48 volt pack with a 50amp battery monitor system will take you up to 25+ mph with plenty of run time

The battery should be the first mod.

·
Registered
Razor mx500 (mildly modded monster)
172 Posts
Let me start by saying that's a slick razor! And yes it's the equivalent of a mx/sx500. With that said there's a plethora of upgrades you can do to it! So what are you looking for... mild? Wild? Dangerous? MrKittypretty much listed off my build for my mx500... 36v 800w motor, modified stock speed controller (I have a thread here showing how to increase power to the motor for free yourself) and a 48v 20ah lithium ion battery pack and let me tell you I weigh 185lbs and it has no problem pulling wheelies and hitting 25mph with me on it! First, establish what you're planning to do and go from there. If you want to keep it 36v then order a 36v lithium ion battery pack and a 24v 500w motor. If you want more off the line torque get a 48v lithium ion battery pack and modify your stock controller (takes all of 30 minutes) or order a different 1000w speed controller. If you want to go truly wild go with a 48v or higher brushless kit and you'll be doing 30+mph! Any other questions feel free to ask, always happy to help!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Let me start by saying that's a slick razor! And yes it's the equivalent of a mx/sx500. With that said there's a plethora of upgrades you can do to it! So what are you looking for... mild? Wild? Dangerous? MrKittypretty much listed off my build for my mx500... 36v 800w motor, modified stock speed controller (I have a thread here showing how to increase power to the motor for free yourself) and a 48v 20ah lithium ion battery pack and let me tell you I weigh 185lbs and it has no problem pulling wheelies and hitting 25mph with me on it! First, establish what you're planning to do and go from there. If you want to keep it 36v then order a 36v lithium ion battery pack and a 24v 500w motor. If you want more off the line torque get a 48v lithium ion battery pack and modify your stock controller (takes all of 30 minutes) or order a different 1000w speed controller. If you want to go truly wild go with a 48v or higher brushless kit and you'll be doing 30+mph! Any other questions feel free to ask, always happy to help!
I'm probably thinking mid range because I can see it quickly outrunning it's suspension. Where is the best resource for the lithium 48v and 1000w controller? Also electricity is my kryptonite but I have good friends that will help. Thankfully!!

·
Registered
Razor mx500 (mildly modded monster)
172 Posts
I'm probably thinking mid range because I can see it quickly outrunning it's suspension. Where is the best resource for the lithium 48v and 1000w controller? Also electricity is my kryptonite but I have good friends that will help. Thankfully!!
I buy all my stuff off amazon thus far and had good luck with what I've bought, but I've yet to buy a speed controller. I modify the stock ones instead, takes all of 30 minutes and all you need is a piece of metal like a paper clip, tiny nail, piece of wire or similar and solder.

·
Registered
882 Posts
Yes that mod is good. I buy mostly off ebay. I have been using the Fast scooters controllers, he has a 48v 1000w which I have bought. Some people don't like his stuff, they are basically modified stock ones but more than TheRadDad's mod. They work totally fine have been great for me. But everything I have done was mild to medium, nothing extreme

1 - 11 of 11 Posts