Pocketbike Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys,

i'm a newbie from the philippines and new to the pocket bike world. its actually started when my 5 years old kid learned how to ride a BMX on his own then started to bug me to buy him a pocket bike after a few weeks. i can see his potential and eagerness to learn more about pocket bike. then i scout for a 2nd hand bike's through the internet and found his own bike. the bike that i bought was stock in the garage for years and was not running or not even start and also have a busted rear tire. me and my son went so excited to fix the bike and our new project has born. the bike is already running and has a good motor on it, even if its stock for years.

i'm new to the scene, please let me know what can we do to improve his bike and what settings should we do for a begginer like him.

before

after (with my son hiraxx)

rat bastard crew

·
French Fries N Cheese
1,174 Posts
Welcome to the Planet my friend. What you have is a 43cc or 46cc CAG reeded two stroke engine. It has a 40 or 44mm piston and a 30mm stroke. The chinese call them 47-49cc motors. Love the paint job, And I love your fullsize bike too.. looks like a Suzuki? correct me if Im wrong... anyways... if you need help with that little pocket bike, you're definitely going to find everything you need here.

·
Banned
21,742 Posts
Welcome to the Planet..I like the skullz on the Bug..Looks Badazz.

Theres lots and lots of info regarding cags.....I have some threads on the subject of modifying them to make them faster,, handle and control better than they are in stock form.........Theres the basics to more advanced mods involving a dremel......Looking forwards to seeing how the bike turns out and how the lil one likes it with a new attitude

http://www.pocketbikeplanet.com/showthread.php?t=79905

http://www.pocketbikeplanet.com/showthread.php?t=60828&page=62

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for the quick response guys and great links too, appreciate your hospitality and feedback... :) we'll keep you posted for the progress of the bike. but for now, i'll just let my son to get to used to it as a all stock bike. then when he got bored and ready for a higher level. we'll apply all the knowledge that i learned from you guys.

just a quick question, is it ok to let the choke halfway on to reduce speed while he's practicing with low speed for his age? will it does harm the engine and consume more gas? is there any way to reduce speed or power of the bike for begginer like him? BTW i also put adjuster on the stock throtle.

thanks in advance.

·
Banned
21,742 Posts
I learned quick and by the look of him he will too having a dad with a bike...My first bike was a 72 Honda minitrail50 at age 7..a year later I was riding a 73 GS70 Yamaha dirtbike and by age 11 I was riding a 125.........He'll get used to it fast so dont limit it so much...Theres 2 and 3 year olds drifting powerwheels in basements and garages all over u-tube..It seems kids are growing up much faster these days.....Just get him a helmet with gloves also knee/elbow pads and he'll be fine..

As far as limiting speed by choking off incoming air...It will eventually lead to a fouled sparkplug,,bad reed petals and gummed-up engine........Limiting the amount of throttle twist is alot better to do.......

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i can relate to your story cam. i can see the potential and his strongwill. all he need is proper guidance and training with his new bike. sometimes he's going crazy with it and ride full throtle. :D good thing i put a limiter in the throtle so he cant go nuts. but eventualy, i'll remove it once he's done with the basics.

thanks for letting me know that running with choke halfway on is not good. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
538 Posts
Welcome to the Site Rat B.!!
Kamusta ka na? My felow Pinoy kaibigan.! I see you already in good hands with the help of our Highly recommended members from here.!! Good Luck and Bikes are Looking talagang maganda..!!

·
Banned
24,145 Posts
Wow, it's a small world after all, my wife is from Luzon, I was married in Dagupan City, Been from Dakak Beach to South Seas Resort to Hundred Islands. My Tagalog is terrible.

·
Banned
24,145 Posts
No my wife is, Manongdo family, I was born in California, and grew up in Long Beach, then to San Jose then to The Russian River. She Hates pocket bikes but she loves to spend Money, The Root of All Evil as Pink Floyd says and keep your hands off of my stack,lol. You should she her cook, wow, its too Good. The twins on Pocket Bikes.

Attachments

·
Registered
538 Posts
Lmao! That's interesting on the Bio and so true on the Pink Floyd.!

I was made on Guam, born in Quezon city and stayed till I was 3months old then back to Guam where I grew up till I was 13 then moved to Anchorage, Alaska for 6 months, then South San Francisco for 13 years, and finally moved here to Vegas in 2001. Parents always spoke to us in Tagalog when we were in trouble so you know how I learned. And quite a bit. LoL

·
Banned
24,145 Posts
So, you have been all over too,lol. I flew thru Guam one time on the way to the Philippines, I hear it's real exspensive there, That's what happens when you build a military base and corrupt the whole country. Where ever there is a US base there is Trouble,lol. Alaska is way to cold for me, it been cold in the forest this year, when there is no rain or clouds the planet heat has nothing to stop it.
Still feel like Crap, but modded the starter cover of the billet Cag to fit around the head, going to paint it Black, & repaint the cylinder. Black works better for cooling than white, it's weird, every Honda or clone has a black cyld. My 750, 836 & 1100F Hondas all had black cylds.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Nice.!!
Yes this is true. I learned that also in my Advanced Engine Performance class that Black "Disipates" the heat best. So we've all noticed black painted radiators,engine blocks, and A/C Condensers etc. Of course being almost 20yrs.ago I don't remember Why. I guess I could google it. LoL

·
Banned
21,742 Posts
Well in all said for being in an advanced engine performance class if I was there I wouldnt of taken the theory for granted and I would of asked for an explaination when he would of not be able to give an answer I would of blown the class away with the answer.........LOL.........If the teacher cant explain why somethings better after bringing the fact to light then Id be a lil worried about the true ability of the teachers knowledge.........heres what I know since 14/15 years old when I wrote Honda dirtbike division in Japan as a class project for International Correspondence regarding information about a product.......

Heres what I was told why Honda liked to paint most of their engines black for aircooled models back in 1984/85.............

The reason black paint dissipates heat more than any other color is that black is the most capably dissipative color for infra-red heat wavelengths. As we all know, "black" or even dk blue is very absorbent when energy rays both visible and invisible such as sunlight hitting it. It is also able to cast off the most heat energy, all of its radiation being in the infra-red part of the energy wavelength spectrum. Single colors tend to focus their ability to both absorb and dissipate in the wavelength of their color, and far less in the infra-red compared to black. One last thing about black: It absorbs energy better than it dissipates it, which is likely why the effect of black dissipating heat is less known.

·
Registered
538 Posts
LoL!! Awesome.! I knew you'd come through with a refresher Cam. Our Instructer enlightened us on that theory justs as well but, I just couldn't remember myself. Three week course wasn't enough for me to cram an overload of information to retain all of it.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
hey guys, i was off last weekend and spent my time with my kid playing around with his bike. it was a blast and learned so fast. :)

wow, its a small world. i'm glad that i'm not the only filipino here other and folks are nice and amazing. :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi to all, Musta mga pre!!! Also new into this, my son just started riding... But right now we are just stock in the driveway and a little bit of sidewalk ride.. Can't wait to go out there in the open but don't know where and don't know anyone yet... I'm from Pampanga now living in Glendale, Ca. Hope we have friends that lives in the area and looking forward to meet and ride with you all soon... Cheers...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.