Pocketbike Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi,

I'm a newbie here and was given a used pocket bike by bro in law. He bought it a year ago for my nephew but hasn't been started in 6 mos. I have no idea how to identify the manufacturer or engine type 39/47/49 cc. (need help with this) There's an old post "how to identify your engine" but pics are no longer available.

I've been reading through some of the posts and got some idea on where to start with how to get the engine to start.

I'm missing an air filter but will this work? http://www.amazon.com/Racing-Chrome...419132&sr=8-1&keywords=pocket+bike+air+filter

Is it necessary at this point to replace the carburetor & will this work? http://www.amazon.com/47cc-49cc-Poc...419276&sr=8-4&keywords=pocket+bike+carburetor

Thank you

·
Git R Dun PBracer
766 Posts
Welcome to pbp.

Theres tons of info about your bike on this forum. CAM2 and EPR is the masters when it comes to those bikes. Search the forum for your and bike theyre threads about the bikes and read the how to's.

Good luck! :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks!

How can I identify my bike's manufacturer? I looked everywhere on the bike but no luck. There's one thread that helped with identifying the engine but the pic on the thread was no longer available.

I hope someone can tell me so I can start ordering parts.

Welcome to pbp.

Theres tons of info about your bike on this forum. CAM2 and EPR is the masters when it comes to those bikes. Search the forum for your and bike theyre threads about the bikes and read the how to's.

Good luck! :)

·
Banned
21,742 Posts
Thanks!

How can I identify my bike's manufacturer? I looked everywhere on the bike but no luck. There's one thread that helped with identifying the engine but the pic on the thread was no longer available.

Your bike is classified as a MX-3 MT-A2 Full Fairing CAG......Parts can be found under 39cc/47cc parts w/49cc upgrades but the true cc's of both engines put into those bikes are either 43cc[40mm piston] or 49cc[44mm piston]....Good Luck

·
PBP SENIOR M!LKER
2,445 Posts
Thanks!

lol China! China is the Manufacurer...

Parts HERE! Or A better search... ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.