Pocketbike Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hay fellas just here to introduce myself to the forum, my name is T. short for talbert, i live in fla., and im a wrench, been one since i was breakin my hot wheels and putting them back together(pretty long time ago lol) recently i have taken to small engine repair and i gotta say its a fun sport/hobbie- a sporty, i own a 250x 87 honda trx, and recently have acquired two new toys the first one is a 49-50cc mini atv (3 or 4 speed clutchless)needs some work but the power plant is strong, then my brother in law gave me a x6 that i know nothing about, so i need some help with identifying the needed repairs, the thing that has me is that the x6 motor looks nothing like the standard pocketbikes ive seen it has a cvt case like my 100cc big bore vip scooter i had, i`ve seen a couple on youtube but they dont have the cvt engine, so im wondering, is this the stock powerplant? I have pics but do not know how to post them yet, so i will add links from my photo bucket. any help is good help in identifying the issues at hand, thanks and keep the shiny side up. 1.:thumbsup:

·
Banned
21,742 Posts
Thats the stock powerplant...They put 49cc 2 stroke piston ported engines with CVT transmissions on X2/X3/X6/X8 2 stroke pocketbikes...

I have a 49cc engine and CVT transmission from an X2 on my homemade stand-up scooter..Its a bit more powerful than stock right now....

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
that stand up scooter looks sik,good fab work, well i got kinda lucky and found out that the electrical harness connectors labeled, all i want is electric start and thats about it anybody got a wire diagram for an x6?

·
Banned
21,742 Posts
cam2, will this start by just pullstart? i pulled the motor last night and im gonna clean it up but wanna try and start it.
Yes it does...the wiring is highly problematic and the e-starters dont last very long....I gain performance by removing all the wiring,,gauges and switches aswell as battery plus e-starter...........

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
so if i eliminate the wiring harness, this will start up by pull start only? since i dont have a pull start what is an alternate way to start the motor? and will it start with just the coil and spark plug and force fed gas? thanks alot for your help in advance.

·
Banned
21,742 Posts
so if i eliminate the wiring harness, this will start up by pull start only? since i dont have a pull start what is an alternate way to start the motor? and will it start with just the coil and spark plug and force fed gas? thanks alot for your help in advance.
The engine starts up just like a backpack blower and weedeater by pullstarter when gutted...If you dont have a pullstarter I would buy one...Once properly tuned the engine will start-up quickly...Mine start with-in 3-5 pullstarts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ok so I tried to start it by battery jump and it just chugged very slowly but when I removed sparkplug it had more pep just would not turn on,and when I checked for spark at the plug against the cylinder it had plenty. What could this mean.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
what is a good upgrade for a carb, the one on there is a walbro, but it seems so small for 49cc.
ok cam2 i got another one for you, what would i need to do to put my 4stroke in the x6?

·
Banned
21,742 Posts
A good carb.....I buy a $8 rebuild kit and rebuild them with a quality stens or walbro rebuild kit................

Theres a few ways...The fast way..easy way and the technical way to putting that 4 stroker in your X6...

fast way..cut the downtube off the front...cut the 2 stroke mount from the plate and drill aswell as bolt the engine to the plate using the pitbike footpeg attachment bolts...for the front downtube you can use a front engine mount off an 85 Honda ATC 110 3 wheeler.....They had a front engine mount that hooks up to the front engine rocker cover screws and the mount is built into the rocker cover then youll need to fab up a bracket only.......

easy way........sell the two stroker running and buy a 4 stroke Xbike frame roller..you can even buy an X6 4 stroke frame with hydraulic forks with hydraulic brakes instead of those deathtrap springer types and cable brakes.....

technical way...buying 4 stroke mount plates..chop the bottom off and weld the 4 stroke engine mounts in vertical and straight

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
thanks for the good info, you have been a great help in me making my decision:D, now what do i do about the rear sproket? can i just flip the wheel and tire and place the caliper on the opposite side.:confused:
Also where can i buy the rebuild kit from?

·
Banned
21,742 Posts
thanks for the good info, you have been a great help in me making my decision:D, now what do i do about the rear sproket? can i just flip the wheel and tire and place the caliper on the opposite side.:confused:
Also where can i buy the rebuild kit from?
You can either flip the whole swingarm and relocate the shock mount or reverse the wheel and reverse the caliper mount.............

X6s come 2 and 4 stroke...You need to find a #420 sprocket that will fit the X6/X8

you can get a walbro wyk-21 rebuild kit from ebay...........

·
Banned
21,742 Posts
great s&*# cam2 you have given me alot to work with brother.Why can`t i use the sprocket from the x6 cam2?
Or can i use the sprocket from my 49cc atv? china built.
X6 2 strokers come with a TF8mm chain and sprocket set ...but I could be wrong..........Also they dont make TF-8mm engine sprockets for the 4 stroker engine........

If you had a #410 chainset/sprockets from an X1 youd be able to use the X6 sprocket no problem....

http://www.pocketbikeparts.com/X6_Bike_33_Tooth_Sprocket_p/fssp302296.htm

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
hay cam2 im gonna paint the tire hugger,front splash guard, gas cover fairing, and seat fairing, my delimma is what are the steps in sanding it down, can you help me out?

·
Banned
21,742 Posts
hay cam2 im gonna paint the tire hugger,front splash guard, gas cover fairing, and seat fairing, my delimma is what are the steps in sanding it down, can you help me out?
Take the shine off with steel wool......prime pieces with self etching primer,,sand primer baby smooth,,paint,wetsand and clearcoat,,,,,,,,,,

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.