Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Welp....ugh... were do I start.. possibly with a deep breath..Ok.. I took the bike out today after installing rocket key, no change.. bike literally just has zero power low end and never reaches top end.. if my cag had gears it would be like it was stuck in 3rd. Just has no power.. So I got tired of it took it back to the drawing board and did a comp check on it.. 60psi.. ok then now I have somewhere to start. Pulled the cylinder head to find that a needle bearing feel out and scarred the cylinder wall and piston up pretty good, no big deal, I happened to have spares laying around. I install cylinder, piston etc. do a comp check and now Im at 100psi.. everything checks out good right.. now it doesnt want to idle worth nothing. The idle is so irratic I cant even try to tune it with the carb because it runs off so fast and goes straight to high speed and yes I did try and turn the air/fuel mixture screw with no change to the idle whatsoever.. So as of right now ive went back to square one... I have taken the fiberglass reeds out, took the boost bottle off, left the rocket key in... I just dont know what to do next.. kinda lost.. :end of venting: AND exhaling

The only thing I can think of is that I somewhere might have an air leak, but I checked all my gaskets and there fine. Second I might need to check coil gap.. when I crack on the throttle it bogs down before reving up.. Might be a sign of Lean/rich mixture.. not sure.. Help me O Pocket Bike gods.. kinda at my wits end with this one..

·
Banned
21,744 Posts
Youre gonna have to get it dialed in after all those mods...............That takes time and patience and where a plug chop comes in to get it dialed in...........Its the cag curse and can be exorcised with a pumper carb retrofit kit......Tuning by turning two needles is faster and easier than rejetting,,setting floats and changing c-clip settings on the mainjet needle

First things I would do is 1/4" lines aswell as the petcock mod if you havent already.......

After doing performance mods its not wise to re-use the old coil................

Put everything back in and try the stock carb with a mainjet 1 size larger with plug gap set to .030"

Make sure the airgap is a true .020"..modern age business cards are mostly .010" to save space..................

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cam thanks for your input, as far as the bike sits now mods wise.. it just has the coil mod, rocket key, carb barrel mod and I moved the clip to the 2nd notch from the top. everything is back to stock.. and now it wont start.. wont even try... so back to basics now check spark and for fuel...

·
Banned
24,164 Posts
You lean it out if you moved the clip up.

·
♠ ŧŋƸ ƀⱥđ &#
288 Posts
stage3.Boosted306.youre welcome :-D

·
Premium Member
8,578 Posts
Oh, and check the throttle slide (the black cylinder inside the carburetor) to make sure you stuck it back in the correct position. The long groove on the side matches up with a tiny pin in the inner wall of the carburetor - if you don't get it exactly right, the slide won't drop all the way down inside the carb, and it'll be like you're holding the throttle wide open when you go to fire it up.

·
Banned
24,164 Posts
Yeah, I have done that, It was no fun when the bike tried to take off when you start it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts