Pocketbike Forum banner

Am I doing a good job so far?

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
But who prays for Satan?
6,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Post one will just be an the intro, it's 10:00pm right now, if I get excited and started now I'll be up till 5:00am...

one of my favorite PBP members asked me If I might be willing to put together a write-up about what I think is the most popular water cooled China Clone bike of all time. The B1 Replica (C1 / MT-A4 / B1-rep)

I will first start by saying Sorry Blata, screw those China dudes for copying your bike and stealing money from you. R&D cost's tons, and those Jerks "borrowed" your amazing technology.

But Thankfully, The "Shops" over there are not quite of the same quality as what you have. :D

If I had more $$$ I would buy a real Blata in a heartbeat, The B2 Origami or the Ultima would be my bike / bikes of choice if I still had a good job!

So, What can you expect from this thread? well, You tell me! I'm going to write down everything I think I know about the B1 / Replica! then we can Discuss what I've got right and what could use improvement!

Parts lists, service procedures, needed tools, specs, upgrades, pictures, movies, stories, am I missing anything?

See you all tomorrow!

Nick. :thumbsup: :) :thumbsup:

·
Two Stroke Addiction
654 Posts
I will be "glued" to this one!!!!

·
Banned
21,744 Posts
Im always interested in seeing threads like this even if you never see another post by me just know itll still be visited...............

With that being said.................Whatcha got on your mind for this thread?

·
But who prays for Satan?
6,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Im always interested in seeing threads like this even if you never see another post by me just know itll still be visited...............

With that being said.................Whatcha got on your mind for this thread?

EvErYthing, you seen that b1 thread with 50,000 views? well I want to beat it, Sorry Arjen, I know it probably won't happen, but I am willing to try.

I'll start with a description like this.....

What the heck is up with Reeds?!?!?!

The C1 / MT-A4 / B1-Replica / Sendai Tai-Chi / Whatever else those silly China dudez wanna call it, Is a 39cc Reed ( Direct to ) Crank case ported engine, the Intake ports are opened and closed at the reeds first, and then allowed from the main case to enter the cylinder via the Piston port section of the system, The Reeds are found directly behind the Carburetor, the stock reeds on the early generation models are metal, and to be honest, can not open far enough inside an unmodified case, the case can easily be modified to get around this problem, all you need is some type of die grinder. picture's two and three show the main case split in half and the small amount of room above and below the reeds, REED LIFT is Important!!!!!

The reeds being behind the carburetor and yet in front of the cylinder ports allow the engine to build pressure (just a few PSI) in the lower cases, this "Pressure Differential" will aid in the "Pumping" of the engine, after all an engine is nothing more than an Air Pump powered by some type of fuel.

More soon!

Nick.

Attachments

·
But who prays for Satan?
6,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
More about Reeds....

The real deal Blata's use Reed Stuffers, Picture one, It helps to direct the flow into the cases, aligning the fuel / air (Bernoulli's principles) as well as takes up some extra (Case volume) Fancy word for "Extra space" causing an increase in lower case pressure (PSI)

There are other options too...

ps

I know some Thing's I wasn't willing to share before, afraid of being proved wrong or something, not anymore, so go ahead and PLEASE try to prove me wrong, it will make me think even more, plus a post is a post is a post right...

Now hurry up and help me hit 50,000 views, just to be "cool" :cool:

Attachments

·
But who prays for Satan?
6,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
More about Fuel Systems...

The stock Carburetor on the MT-A4 is the 14mm Dellorto SHA 14/14 Flat slide, Single Jet (single circuit) Carburetor, the stock jet is usually a .68 (.68mm)

This carburetor is a Gravity feed carburetor, and not the pumper type found on some other pocket bikes, it NEEDS the fuel tank above the level of the carburetor, it needs a vent in the gas cap, it NEEDS to be angled right for the float to work!!!!!!

The Bowl is the bottom black part, the plastic "Float" can be found inside, it moves up and down with the level of fuel, and engages the fuel shut off valve (probably not the "REAL" name) as the level of fuel rises, the float rises, the float pushes a needle valve up to close off the fuel inlet, these parts are mostly brass and can be damaged easily, which will cause fuel leaks.

The 14mm carburetor is a bottleneck for the C1/MT-A4, 17mm - 19mm and even a 21mm is a better match!

To upgrade the carburetor would also require a modification to the stock manifold, or else just buy one of the already modded ones from Ebay!

More to come really soon! Maybe even today...

Attachments

·
But who prays for Satan?
6,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The Intake Manifold...

The Rubber Intake Manifold comes with an insert tube GLUED into the rubber, Thanks allot China!

If you plan on running the stock 14/14 SHA carb it is just fine, as soon as you want to be Cooler :cool: and add a larger carb you run into trouble.

So, Take that Stinking insert out, and open up the intake all the way through so we can take full advantage of the larger venturi of the new upgraded Carburetor. Some type of picks, and a flat head or two, something that won't melt the rubber but will help with the glue, and some time + love is all that is needed to do this!

[Pictures Attached] !!!

Nick.

Attachments

·
But who prays for Satan?
6,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
So, you probably thought I would talk more about fuel or something next right, NOPE! I break the rules right in half!

So, I'd like to jump right into the clutch bell and it's housing...

Not too much to say, Yeah RIGHT! :D

Picture 1 The Stock (I Think 78mm) Clutch bell, This is the Slotted pinion type, yeah I know Bummer! This is a Generation 2 or later part (IT's Gen2, but go ahead and prove me wrong ;) )

4 "Auto Cooling" holes means a first run (Gen 1) part, and it did seem to show signs of not cooling enough! (overheating the clutch shoes and springs) I've got 6 of "The Holes" <--Seinfeld reference) on this bell so it is at least gen 2...

Picture 2 is the back, this is the Clutch / Bell / Engine side of the part (inside) Sometimes there is a clip on the inside to "Hold the pinion in" heh, but there is also the 3rd bearing support to hold the pinion in, plus strengthen the pinion drive assembly.

Picture 3 is what I would call a Stage 1 (modded) bell cover, that is the "leading edge" removed for a ram air effect! and yes it does work!

More to come, as soon as I get some other people talking in here, it's like I can hear an echo or something, so many views, so few replies... :(

Nicky. <-- see I called myself Nicky, I'm nice! POST!!!! :p

Attachments

·
But who prays for Satan?
6,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
A preview of the super amazing Racing type Blata clutch cover, just so we are all clear on where this Idea came from, umm, the super cool dudes that made the Original :cool: B1 Origami !!!

[Picture Attached]

Attachments

·
But who prays for Satan?
6,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Lets Jump over to the triple Clamps for a second... I think it's more fun this way, see we won't get bored, never spend too much time looking at the same thing for too long...

There are two triple clamps on the MT-A4 / C1 / B1-rep, an upper and a lower, from looking at them they seem to be the same piece.

In the picture I'll attach, (thanks Tsunami! I knew I loved Canadians) You can see a marking, this is the "World Famous" SQ, it used to have to do with the factory at which the bike was made, I can NOT confirm if this part is "Legit" but back in the day, Everyone always wanted the SQ model, it was the "closest match" to the far superior B1 from Blata.

I like the shape, and have it all modeled up in 3D. Picture 2 etc...

(edit)

Looking at the tsunami picture, It looks possible their model does indeed have an upper and a lower, the clamp (3tree) on the bottom in the Tsunami picture is different than the top one, or else it's just upside down. :confused:

Attachments

·
But who prays for Satan?
6,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
hmmmm..... Cooling Systems !!!

Some "Preview" pictures for tonight, it's 11:50pm right now...

Lots of silly words, and even more cool pictures tomorrow!

These are NOT stock!

except for the 3d renderings of the water pump and it's seals... :p :thumbsup:

Attachments

·
But who prays for Satan?
6,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So, Lets "Talk About" that last post, well the pictures anyway...

Picture One, It's an "Extra" external belt or "Shaft" (for the engineers) driven!

Epr added a finned metal cooler to the lowest (engine feed) coolant line, well, I would like to plumb into the same line, as a "Turbo Booster" for the cooling system, some have hinted in the past about wanting the coolant to "move slowly" well, hmmmm, trying to think of the right words.... I do not agree, when strictly speaking about the B1-replica, C1, MT-A4 etc etc... :rolleyes:

Picture Two, If you hate the stock radiator, or have leaks, or had to add braces, or do not have 2 hoses (dynamic bleed) At the water bottle, you might want to ask about the Banshee radiators...

Picture Three, Somebody is gonna have to ask me or Google! :p

Pictures Four and Five, The stock Impeller for the C1 / MT-A4 / B1-rep, and the "Oil Seals" (Shaft Seals) used to keep the water in the cooling system!

·
But who prays for Satan?
6,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Wheels And Brakes Coming SOON!!!!

[Lots of reference Pictures ATTACHED] <--- LoL :p

Attachments

·
But who prays for Satan?
6,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Pictures One, Two, And Three...

The Stock 6.5" wheel, with one of the brake "Rotors" removed, much more on the single front brake conversion coming really soon!

Picture Four, The Cable Operated Stock Brake Caliper, it is no doubt set wrong when it leaves the factory, so you might want to get it "Dialed in" :) More on setting the brakes, as a stock Twin setup and after the single Caliper modification soon, I swear.

Picture Five, The Front end and "Stuff" :p

Pictures Eight, Nine, And Ten, The Difference between the Single Pull (Rear brake) and the Double Pull (Front Brake) Handles / Levers...

O.K. go ahead ask anything you wan't... I'll do my Best to answer it without being a Smart Azz.

More of the bike soon!

·
But who prays for Satan?
6,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
A "Custom" Ghetto Fabulous 90 degree Cold water, I mean Air Intake, yes that is PVC pipe from Home Depot! AwEsOmE! That was needed to properly ( :p ) fit the Banshee Carburetor!

Hey, someone should vote on the poll at the very top of this thread! I'm such a jerk that I made it so you can only, say something nice about me, or say something nice about me and something nicer about yourself... :) :thumbsup:

Attachments

·
But who prays for Satan?
6,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Lets take a short break! hmm what should we do, lets look at a cool :cool: tool...

I bet a few of you understand what this is? ! ? ! ??? I'm betting you already have one Mexicano. ;) :thumbsup:

It's Old, And It removes some of the Guess work! So google it!

J/K It's a... oh come on you already know....

Attachments

·
Two Stroke Addiction
654 Posts
Lets take a short break! hmm what should we do, lets look at a cool :cool: tool...

I bet a few of you understand what this is? ! ? ! ??? I'm betting you already have one Mexicano. ;) :thumbsup:

It's Old, And It removes some of the Guess work! So google it!

J/K It's a... oh come on you already know....
Nick,

No, I don't have of of those...in fact, I don't even know what it is...

·
But who prays for Satan?
6,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Nick,

No, I don't have of of those...in fact, I don't even know what it is...

What, ?!?!?! It's a hawk, Air / Fuel Ratio meter for Carburetors! makes Jetting these suckers a Little bit easier, but, Part of it is broken now :mad: You know, 40 years old and all...

Today the sweet little 5-gas analyzer is king, but "Back In The Day" this tool made "Stoichiometry" Achievable. Without the need for all that silly Math. :)

·
But who prays for Satan?
6,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
So How about that sweet SuperGlue China used to glue the Head on! :p :thumbsup:

hmmm, don't get me wrong, thread lockers, or making something that can be torqued to a point where it won't vibrate off is cool for engineers and all (I am one) but super glue works too?!?!?!? marcelo

Attachments

·
Registered
125 Posts
what if the reed stuffer hole facing the carb is smaller than the carb intake? I opened mine and looks to be good size smaller, i was wondering what effect this will have, I already took the stuffers out, but didn't get a chance to test as the coil went bad

More about Reeds....

The real deal Blata's use Reed Stuffers, Picture one, It helps to direct the flow into the cases, aligning the fuel / air (Bernoulli's principles) as well as takes up some extra (Case volume) Fancy word for "Extra space" causing an increase in lower case pressure (PSI)

There are other options too...

ps

I know some Thing's I wasn't willing to share before, afraid of being proved wrong or something, not anymore, so go ahead and PLEASE try to prove me wrong, it will make me think even more, plus a post is a post is a post right...

Now hurry up and help me hit 50,000 views, just to be "cool" :cool:

1 - 20 of 70 Posts