Pocketbike Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello, i have a cag whit few mods, air filter, petcock mod, 1/4 fuel line, exhaust mod (big difference at low speed), ngk spark plug and wiring. i want to know why it take long time to reach top end. I need to buy a jet kit? buy a rocket key, ported and polished carb ?

sorry about my english i speak frend im from quebec in canada.

thanks

·
Banned
21,742 Posts
It takes so long because it has the BMEP or garden tools...Raise the compression,,add a rocket key,,lighten the flywheel , mod the clutches and rejet the carb........Youll get way better takeoff power and youll topout alot quicker...

·
Banned
21,742 Posts
i'm better with a big bore kit or its better to mod my cylinder ? and i don't need to jet the carb with my air filter and my exhaust ?
It depends if your comfortable with spending money and still have to mod the stuff to work correctly......Of course youll most likely have to rejet but if you change the engines velocity youll also make the same jet deliver more fuel automatically through the increased suction

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i'm gona buy to complete engine for 50 $, i'm gona try to do a boost port in the cylinder, and where can i buy a rocket key ? on ebay its like 30 $ at my door, don't know wich place can ship to quebec, thanks a lot for youre fast answer

·
Banned
21,742 Posts
i'm gona buy to complete engine for 50 $, i'm gona try to do a boost port in the cylinder, and where can i buy a rocket key ? on ebay its like 30 $ at my door, don't know wich place can ship to quebec, thanks a lot for youre fast answer
Try BigMotorSport...Theyre in Canada.........Ebay is another good place...

·
Banned
24,145 Posts
At BMS, they show you the whole engine, but if you look at the text below it says kit, you need your own crank, cases, manifolds, carbs etc.
driverD has New Billet Cag Cases, that's cut out a solid chuck of 6061 T6 aircraft alum, probably, comes w/ 4 reed water cooled reed plate setup intake and 19mm intake manifold, carb set higher so plenty of room for a Carb and air filter, & you can use an under exhaust. $100 Euros + VAT and shipping. I might get one for my Z1 one ring Cag engine I am working on. Those Cases are SICK!!!
Dave's Motors has .99 cent, 49cc rocket keys, ww211 part number. They are having a Black Friday Sale right now, just came from there. $7 shipping no matter how much you order. Click on Go Ped, on the next page click the Go Ped menu box above, pick Black Fri Sale.
av is the carb stuff.

·
Banned
21,742 Posts
OK cool, wanted to confirm that it was that mod infact, I've seen some people with cans where the silencer should be.. I thought maybe that was it
Thats a mod that Spyguy came up with to reduce the amount of noise that comes out of the end..............Plus it looks cool in a ******* sort of way and recycles to save the earth at the same time...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
i mod by exhaust by ading 5'' to the expension chamber and cut this 5'' on the header before the expension chamber and i mod the silencer twin pipe by a one pipe

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.