Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off im a noob to this site and the sense in general if this isn't the right place to be posting this can you point me to the right direction. First off i bought this bike of craigslist for 140. dont know anything about it heres a pic can you guys tell me what kind it might be, specs, and whats compatible with it. also when i bought the previous owner told be that you cannot go full throttle because it bogs out and dies also it will only reach just around 15-20mph tha'ts it. any help is appreciated

·
PBP RACER
143 Posts
It's an X1, also known as a cateye. I'm fairly sure it has a 49cc 2 stroke engine. There are many websites that carry parts for these bikes. Check out www.pocketbikesunlimited.com, www.davesmotors.com. They have a bunch of stuff available for your bike.

As far as the bogging down is concerned, it should have a barrel style carb. It's probably a simple tuning issue. Take the air filter off and make sure that when the throttle is fully turned that the barrel is completely open. If it is properly adjusted there may be gunk in either the carb, tank or fuel line. Clean them.

If it's tuned and cleaned and still won't perform at full throttle then it's an issue with air/fuel mixture or an air leak somewhere. Let us know what you find, pictures are always helpful. Good luck.

·
Banned
24,164 Posts
Have you got a welder, grinder & stuff like that?? Its alot of work and money. Its a Cateye, but has other names too.

·
Registered
244 Posts
You def have a "cat eye" on your hands there... and generally when these bikes bogg down it alomsot always has to do with the carb.. take it off and do a complete cleaning of it with some brake clean. bolt on and try from there.. also has adjuster needles on the carb that might need to adjusted as well.. good luck:thumbsup:

·
Registered
175 Posts
i bought the same bike for 144 from a guy and it was a pretty good steal.. but your carb is definatly the problem had the same problem , fixed it with two things.. cleaning and sealing carb.. and making sure the cap between the carb and the intake manifold is pretty tight. but dont tighten it to hard or the star bolt on the inside will come out.. GOODLUCK

1 - 8 of 8 Posts