Pocketbike Forum banner
21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
742 Posts
I agree with Mello and Dave. LOL... LeMans was crazy runin side by side with a motards that day during a Sat. practice. On top of that the track was slick at the indoor/outdoor transition.

The karts they race at AMMRA aint what you would expect! They look like a flat pan on 4 teeny wheels with a scooter motor. Take a 80 or 125 shifter for a spin and youll know what I mean!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Sydeshow MO said:
I agree with Mello and Dave. LOL... LeMans was crazy runin side by side with a motards that day during a Sat. practice. On top of that the track was slick at the indoor/outdoor transition.

The karts they race at AMMRA aint what you would expect! They look like a flat pan on 4 teeny wheels with a scooter motor. Take a 80 or 125 shifter for a spin and youll know what I mean!
WHAT DO KARTS HAVE TO DO WITH THIS ? IS THIS KART PLANET ? ANYWAYS , IT LOOKS LIKE THE AMMRA BAY AREA EVENT WILL BE AT ANOTHER FACILITY , WITH A MORE WIDE OPEN TRACK . I AM GLAD IT HAS MOVED , HOWEVER I FIND IT HILARIOUS TO HEAR YOU CLUTCH FEARS , & TRACK COMPLAINTS . I ALWAYS THOUGHT THAT WAS WHAT Racing WAS ALL ABOUT . ADAPTING TO ROAD CONDITIONS , & BEING ABLE TO BE FAST ANYWHERE ANYTIME LOL ! Racing IS MORE THAN JUST DRIVING AS FAST AS YOU CAN . THAT IS WHY TRACKS LIKE WATKINS GLEN HAVE BECOME SO FAMOUS . YOU HAVE TO RUN A SMART RACE TO SURVIVE THE WHOLE THING . IF YOU JUST GO RIPPIN ON OUT YOU PROBABLY WILL BREAK DOWN ! AMMRA PRO RACES ARE 20 LAPS . THERE WILL BE SOME DEAD CLUTCHES ! TUNING WILL BE JUST AS IMPORTANT AS RIDING , MAYBEE MORE .

·
Registered
742 Posts
I mentioned karts because you mentioned em'? Is this "kart planet" hahaha? Obviously not so why you mention it in the first place?

Zamboha said:
WHAT DO KARTS HAVE TO DO WITH THIS ? IS THIS KART PLANET ?
Heres the answer to your question as to why I brought up karts.

Zamboha said:
Freemont Lemans Karting center is a tight track with some tough turns . It is an Indoor / Outdoor facility . If you showed the guys at the track what AMMRA is doing , you would have no prob convincing them you can make $$$$ . Adding Karts , Go-peds , & Pocketbikes to the same event gets a good draw . Kart riders start riding , bikes & so forth , till everyone is riding two or three classes . We have lots of guys in AMMRA , that run both Pro Kart , & scooter class .
As far as "complaining goes" I would rather be safe and not race at a track like LeMans. I have rode the track and it just aint meant for racing PB's. Play karts with bumpers on em' yeah. Nothing against AMMRA events though. They should explore renting out Stockton Motorplex (Stockton), Kinsman (Dixon), or Bluemax (Davis).

·
Registered
742 Posts
We in NORCAL have alot of events going on with the SMRRC series in Stockton and the PBGP/VS2 events in Vallejo. Im sure AAMRA will eventually hook up with one of the tracks and do something. The more the merrier!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Sydeshow MO said:
I mentioned karts because you mentioned em'? Is this "kart planet" hahaha? Obviously not so why you mention it in the first place?

Heres the answer to your question as to why I brought up karts.

As far as "complaining goes" I would rather be safe and not race at a track like LeMans. I have rode the track and it just aint meant for Racing PB's. Play karts with bumpers on em' yeah. Nothing against AMMRA events though. They should explore renting out Stockton Motorplex (Stockton), Kinsman (Dixon), or Bluemax (Davis).
FIRST OFF I MUST SAY I HATE THE INTERNET . SO MUCH IS LOST IN THIS WAY OF COMMUNICATING , THAT WE OFTEN MISUNDERSTAND PEOPLE ! AMMRA IS LOOKING AT A TRACK NEAR TRAVIS AIRFORCE BASE FOR ITS BAY AREA STOP . I FULLY AGREE THAT LEMANS KART IS NOT THE BEST FOR POCKETBIKES , HOWEVER I ENJOY THE CHALLENGES THAT IT PRESENTS . IT IS REALLY HARD TO RIDE THAT PLACE ON A PB . YOU HAVE TO LET GO AND USE THE FORCE HAHA . IT WAS HARD FOR ME TO LET LOOSE WITH TIRES & WALLS & STEEL BEAMS LOL . THAT PLACE TOUGHT ME A NEW LEVEL OF TRUST WITH MY EQUIPMENT ! IF ENOUGH PEOPLE HIT THE AMMRA SITE , & SHOW INTEREST IN A STOCKTON EVENT , I AM SURE THEY WOULD CONSIDER IT . THEY HAVE LEFT THE SHEDULE OPEN TO ADDING A COUPLE EVENTS TO 05 ! I WOULD LOVE TO BRING MY TEAM TO STOCKTON . UNFORTUNATELY I AM SO BUSY WITH WORK & FUND RAISING , i DON'T GET TO RIDE MUCH RIGHT NOW . ALL OF MY TIME IS CONSUMED WITH THE PREPERATION OF MY 05 AMMRA TEAM .

·
Registered
248 Posts
Most PB racing clubs started through the kindness of kart clubs and have done quite well in this situation. It's definitely a trade off to have to share the track, but it is does work. Best of luck with the opportunity.

Jay

·
Registered
3 Posts
anybody in Redding that might want to race pocket bikes, were going to start racing at new image motorsports on mon starting july 3.that is the plan so far if you have any questions call cisco at 917-4970.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Yes!! I will be getting my first pb and i would like to try my hand at raing it here in redding. I will deff be cheking in to see when the first race date will be, i doubt if i will be racing the first one but i fill deffinatly for sure be there to support the sport.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone had a link to the rules for this association. I'm looking into getting started in pocket bike racing since the alternative [regular motorcycle racing] is just a little too expensive for my budget at this moment in time. Any suggestions in which class I should start and bikes, etc.?

·
Registered
896 Posts
Italianjob, you may also want to check out the Stockton MotorPlex / SMRRC, a little closer to you. The rules and what not can be found here

http://www.teamcalamari.com/dox/smrrc.html

and the track site is

http://www.in2higear.com/

Give Matt a call if you have any questions (number is on the Calamari site).

Cheers.

PS. Hope you guys get something going in Redding, do you have any more info on the track?

21 - 37 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.