Pocketbike Forum banner
1 - 20 of 190 Posts

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
(Attention: Vallejo, Benicia, American canyon, Fairfield, Napa, Pinole... etc.)
Don't want to risk riding your pocket bike on the street? Just tuned your bike and want to test it out? Can't make it to the race track due to work or school? Or just plain and simple, itchin' to ride your pocket bike...?

Lets gather up some locations were we can have a "PB meet". Indicate when/where would be a good spot to hit up? (If possible: as far away from residential areas) Keep this thread alive and post up the latest news!!! Remember to "always wear your helmet!!!" :cool:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Racing

There will be a race this Sunday at Benecia, CA - go to pocketbikegp.com for more info and driving directions. You can meet other local riders from the area you stated below and you're more than welcome to pass out fliers and additional info for your races. ALL BIKES ARE WELCOME -

hayabusa said:
(Attention: Vallejo, Benicia, American canyon, Fairfield, Napa, Pinole... etc.)
Don't want to risk riding your pocket bike on the street? Just tuned your bike and want to test it out? Can't make it to the race track due to work or school? Or just plain and simple, itchin' to ride your pocket bike...?

Lets gather up some locations were we can have a "PB meet". Indicate when/where would be a good spot to hit up? (If possible: as far away from residential areas) Keep this thread alive and post up the latest news!!! Remember to "always wear your helmet!!!" :cool:

·
Registered
783 Posts
Hello there - I'm from Vallejo, pm me if you want to practice - I know a few spots. We will be racing this Sunday at Pocketbikegp Benecia Race - big group is coming so stop by!

later

·
Registered
390 Posts
Spots

You can ride at angelo rodriguez high school off red top road in fairfield,on the weekends but not week days.So PM me if you wanna ride.

·
Registered
557 Posts
yea a cop just sits up at red tops road. And does his rounds every now and then. Yea rodriguez is a cool place to ride at.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
larrymacg said:
Hello there - I'm from Vallejo, pm me if you want to practice - I know a few spots. We will be racing this Sunday at Pocketbikegp Benecia Race - big group is coming so stop by!

later
Hey larrymacg, I too am from vallejo. I'm thinking of going this sunday to benicia but I haven't found a decent full face helmet yet. I'm still shopping around for a helmet that meets dot/snell MA95, SA95 or higher (example: M2000) planning on using it for racing my pocket bike and drift competitions. I'll take you up on your offer as far as practice, since you know of some spots. Maybe give me some advice on some racing tips :thumbsup: :D

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Angelo Rodriguez high school off red top road in fairfield

Weekdays aren't cool but weekends are? (Just want to see if I got this straight?) CHP hassles you during weekdays but what about weekends and how late do you guys run? Don't the people (the houses) across the street complain about the noise? I was thinking of that place before but didn't want to deal with the cops, for just having fun on my PB. ;)

·
Registered
390 Posts
We usually ride when ever we can because me and daniel live close to rodriguez.we usually ride on the weekend becasue the janitor doesnt hassle us.the chp and police dont botther us they jus stay in that area for a certain peiod of time.me and my friend have been riding there for a long time and the people across the street dont bother us.its cool to ride there as long as you have protective gear and not ride on the local streets.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Oic, thanks for clearning that up Vandor. Once I get my helmet (hopefully tomorrow or this weekend?) I'll roll out with you guys at rodriguez. It would be nice to ride with other CAGs since everyone I know has cateyes & X1's.

BTW, If you don't mind me asking... (off topic) Where do you get your parts from, online or a local shop? I'm thinking of changing my 5T pinion gear over to a 7T and running a 1.5 spring rate on my clutch.

·
Registered
783 Posts
hayabusa said:
Hey larrymacg, I too am from vallejo. I'm thinking of going this sunday to benicia but I haven't found a decent full face helmet yet. I'm still shopping around for a helmet that meets dot/snell MA95, SA95 or higher (example: M2000) planning on using it for racing my pocket bike and drift competitions. I'll take you up on your offer as far as practice, since you know of some spots. Maybe give me some advice on some racing tips :thumbsup: :D
Hey there - what size helment do you wear - I have an extra large helmet I would be more than happy to sell to you. Show up on Sunday and I will introduce to the east bay pocketbikers - latez

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
larrymacg said:
Hey there - what size helment do you wear - I have an extra large helmet I would be more than happy to sell to you. Show up on Sunday and I will introduce to the east bay pocketbikers - latez
Well my dome size is 22 1/4". I've tried and fit M and some L depending on what brand? found a guy selling a black full face BELL snell MA95 approved helmet in the classifieds for $40. (I hope he doesn't flake out on me?) so the one that you have for sale, is it a snell approved? if so, what year was it approved? got any pics of it by any chance? and how much are you willing to let this helmet go for? see you this sunday

·
Registered
783 Posts
Helmet is the one on the avitar - size large - check it out first and try it on. As for Cag parts - go to jadecity at Sacto - they have 7tooth pinion/clutch drum set for $25 and its chromed -very nice - rest of the parts are hella cheap - if I were you I would just buy a brand new half fairing Cag with ZH1 engine for $199 and use it for parts.....

·
Registered
390 Posts
i get my parts from adrenaline-motorsports.com(might be incorrect).there parts are cheap,theyre pinions are 10 dollars,and clutch springs are 2.50 each,I havent tried going to jade city yetmaybe soon).

·
Registered
390 Posts
we usually ride after 4pm,but thats weekdays,on weekends we ride around 2-3 till whenever.PM me if you want to practice there.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Helmet

WHAT'S UP! INTERESTED IN YOUR FULLFACE HELMET. WHAT KIND IS IT AND HOW MUCH YOU WANT FOR IT? IF ITS 4 SALE, LET ME KNOW. MORE THAN LIKELY, I'LL BE AT THE BENICIA RACE TOO, WITH MY BUDDIES FROM TEAM SUCKAFREE. I'M NOT RACING (STILL LEARNIN THE LEAN).

PM ME WITH INFO
NAME IS MIKE.
LATERS
larrymacg said:

·
Registered
783 Posts
insyder said:
I might make it out to the Benicia races.

What times does everyone practice at Rodriguez?
Benecia Race is this Sunday at old industrial area - go to Pocketbikegp.com for more info and driving directions. We don't usually practice at Rodriguez specially when school will be back in session. The best place to practice on weekends is the pocketbikegp racing area in Benecia open Saturday and Sunday. That where most of the EAST bay pocketbikers hangout. Racing starts at 11:30 amish but you can get there earlier and ride/practice your bike as much as you want - no time limit until racing starts.

MVIRAY - it dont matter if you're newbie or veteran racer - all are welcome - yeah you with Francis - him and his buddies are cool so bring your bike and lets race and have some fun. see ya sunday.

As for Helmet - Haybusa has first crack at it and then anyone interested - I'll bring it on Sunday.

·
Registered
395 Posts
maybe i'll race, too. Fran was tellin me to race a benicia when we were ridin last sunday at benicia. I'll see. i'll bring my bike with me.

just keep me posted on the helmet. what kind is it anyway?

see you sunday

larrymacg said:
Benecia Race is this Sunday at old industrial area - go to Pocketbikegp.com for more info and driving directions. We don't usually practice at Rodriguez specially when school will be back in session. The best place to practice on weekends is the pocketbikegp racing area in Benecia open Saturday and Sunday. That where most of the EAST bay pocketbikers hangout. Racing starts at 11:30 amish but you can get there earlier and ride/practice your bike as much as you want - no time limit until racing starts.

MVIRAY - it dont matter if you're newbie or veteran racer - all are welcome - yeah you with Francis - him and his buddies are cool so bring your bike and lets race and have some fun. see ya sunday.

As for Helmet - Haybusa has first crack at it and then anyone interested - I'll bring it on Sunday.

1 - 20 of 190 Posts