Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so i have a 2 stroke 49cc pocket bike. and quite a bit of oil is coming out of the exhaust more then i am sure there should be.

·
But who prays for Satan?
6,571 Posts
Mix A little bit less oil in with the gas, How have you been measuring the oil for the mixture? and could we please see the spark plug tip (electrode) ? this would help to confirm that the mixture is too rich with oil...

Nick. :thumbsup: :) :thumbsup:

·
Registered
177 Posts
It's been 2 days, how long does it take for your bike to cool down? just sayin... lol

·
Registered
23 Posts
excessive amounts of oil out the exhaust is unburnt oil and if its a castor based oil, over time, will solidify and harden and can scratch the cylinder walls depending on your exhaust configuration...
If your exhaust points downward soon as it exits the block that will help minimize this from happening.. but if its like mine the exhaust runs uphill first so any unburnt oil can collect and pool right back at the exhaust port...
This is one of the reasons its good to run synthetic oils, they burn more thoroughly but if your ratio is really off like it appears to be i have no idea if synthetic oil would "cake" over time like i mentioned..
heres an example of what excessive unburnt castor based oils do to an engine, now imagine what its doing to the bearings and journals and cylinder walls.. This is a rc engine. but his piston looks not bad, ive seen alot worse (been flying rc helicopters and planes since 88 and 2 stroke dirtbikes since 78 lol)

·
Banned
24,164 Posts
How old is the engine, maybe the rings are out to lunch?? If it a 49cc hkmotos online has 44mm 2 ring sets for $3.50 shipped, if the cylds good a hone or a little cross hatching with sandpaper. If you let the engine get to hot the rings will loose there spring, it's that great China metal,lol.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts