Pocketbike Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody changed the oil pump on a x18 yet.. I was thinking about gettin a high flow oil pump but was wondering if its hard to put on.. has anybody ever changed or switch pumps to the better higher flow, is it better, did I make a difference or make it worse.. any. Info would be good.. where is the pump, is it inside the kick start case on the side..

·
Banned
21,742 Posts
The pump is behind the clutch...The pump does very little to add performance unless you drill the oil passage feed hole in the head to 2mm's..Ive changed the pump on my X18...Its not an easy job and will require a clutch removal tool

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ohh, didn't think it was gonna be that hard.. might have to skip that.. might go with a oil cooler first then, look a lot easier.. I alread have a racing cdi and performance coil... hids work great with mini pc fan installed but waitin for my bigger battery to come in.. just ordered a 12v 18ah.. hopefully that could power the bike good, and the r6 taillight.. do u kno any info on the tercel bikes.. I got the tercel and was tryin to find signals that go into the fairings.. I added hids in the tercel 2, with the mini pc fans. Lookin for a taillight that's the same shape..

·
Banned
21,742 Posts
Ohh, didn't think it was gonna be that hard.. might have to skip that.. might go with a oil cooler first then, look a lot easier.. I alread have a racing cdi and performance coil... hids work great with mini pc fan installed but waitin for my bigger battery to come in.. just ordered a 12v 18ah.. hopefully that could power the bike good, and the r6 taillight.. do u kno any info on the tercel bikes.. I got the tercel and was tryin to find signals that go into the fairings.. I added hids in the tercel 2, with the mini pc fans. Lookin for a taillight that's the same shape..
Use the mini low profile LED blinkers in the front and a rear Integrated LED taillight/blinker combo from a Yamaha FZR600

I used oldschool blinkers on my X15

Its just the bike lights on lowbeam setting lighting the basement up...Its superbright when I turn on the highbeam....

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Banned
21,742 Posts
You can do the mod yourself.I do it to all my bikes....alls you need is a coaxial cable connector that you drill the nylon core out of,,a drillbit awith a tap to thread the hole ,,a lil sealer to seal the threads and 5ft of 1/4" see thru fuelline\

The reason why it goes from the head to the rear vent back around to the air cleaner is because if any oil gets forced out of the valve cover cap it will fall back down into the crankcase....

I made a homemade PVC velocity stack and tapped it for a hose barb this way the suction of the carb at revs powersucks the heat out of the crankcase and the head to keep the valves cooler ,,the oil thicker,,the clutch plates cooler aswell as eliminates positive crankcase pressure that slows the piston on the downstroke to enhance revs...................

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Any suggestion on the gear shifter for the tercel.. the one I got on there seems like its not lining up right, I gotta lift my foot straight up and it hurts my hip, kickin the gears.. I bought a straight shifter from ebay but it does work, I might need a curved one.

·
Banned
24,145 Posts
As you have found by now, the shifters suck on these bikes. I have tried all kinds of after market shifters. Right now I have an alum shifter turned backwards, so 1st is up and 2 thru 4th is down.

·
Banned
21,742 Posts
Any suggestion on the gear shifter for the tercel.. the one I got on there seems like its not lining up right, I gotta lift my foot straight up and it hurts my hip, kickin the gears.. I bought a straight shifter from ebay but it does work, I might need a curved one.
Only one thing that comes to mind...........Make a custom one.....Buy a cheap steel folding shifter from ebay,,,cut off the folding part from the folding shifter leaving 2-3 inches of length still on,,cut the foot shifter part off about half way from the splines back....Then get the two halves welded together to where its perfect for your foot...........

On all my Superbikes all my footshifters aswell as rear brake pedals are all customized to fit my feet.........

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.