Discussion Starter #1
im taking apart a 125 gpx and i cant get it off
it has 4 screws on it but the impact driver isnt working
does it tap off? in the middle of it i can see a roll pin
sorry no pics my cam is fubar

·
Registered
355 Posts
A little propane heat ? It might be a interference fit, and the screws are a secondary safety locking . Hard to tell get your camera fixed and post pics !!! The roll pin can either be for a location reference or the slinger could be pinned to the shaft.

·
Registered
355 Posts
I have a great idea instead of pics.....

BlitzMinc, place your forehead up against your computer screen, and I will place my 5 fingertips against my monitor. Now you and I can perform the Vulcan mind meld technique like Mr. Spock did in Star Trek. It was a very sucessfull method for retrieving vital information without the aid of pictures. :D

·
But who prays for Satan?
6,571 Posts
Ok Blitz, I Google'd it for you, here is a picture I STOLE!

Now I'll try to find one of my own, it might be helpful!

BrB! <--- Be Right Back! ;)

And Check out my new X-18 It's not like I Stole this picture from someone on this forum or anything! :rolleyes::thumbsup:

Attachments

·
Ninja Racer
2,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
thanks guys, im gonna try again and ill take some pics with the wifes cam of either the success or carnage
nasa, hot bike there, way to rep the jdm

Attachments

·
Ninja Racer
2,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well two screws came out nice, the other 2 came out at high speed
under that cover is another clutch nut that needs a special tool
i trimmed a castle nut at work to get the main clutch off but this nut is even bigger
so when i get that nut off the cases are gonna split, they already do a bit, its my first time with the whole motor apart weeee

·
But who prays for Satan?
6,571 Posts
Congrat's, Getting over the "Stigma" is harder than the actual work!

I can not count how many times I've asked, (on a simple little 2-stroke) "Could we PLEASE just split the case and have a look" ?? everyone is like, but dude, you can not just split the case, I'm like, Get The EFFF out of the way and watch me split this sucker, for the first time!

The first time is hard, The first time is Scary, That's it, after that take away 50% of each of those problems, and then do it again just for fun, now we are at 75% easier than the first time!

Good job Blitz!

·
Registered
355 Posts
thanks guys, im gonna try again and ill take some pics with the wifes cam of either the success or carnage
nasa, hot bike there, way to rep the jdm
Blitz I think that "clutch" inside that aluminum housing is some sort of engine "counter balancer" ? These are commonly used on long stroke motors. Be carefull taking it apart and take lots of reference pics. Counter balencers have to be correctly timed to the crank.

·
Ninja Racer
2,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
nasa, thanks
clam, on these style its a oil slinger, there is a pump to the right of it that feeds the top end and the slinger is for the lower end trans area, it creates a flow direction so the oil doesnt just foam up, they sell a steel version for the 10k motors
you may be right about the counter balance, im sure its presice but interesting it spins independant of almost everything else, like its momentum based
this motor is toast, im just at a learning stage now, ive taken the top end apart so many times im a master, not its time to do the lower part and complete my jedi training

·
Ninja Racer
2,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
well got that top plate off
the red line is the oil pump that feeds the top end through a little hole
the yellow line is the slinger after the top plate is removed, in the center is a four side castle nut like the white line
white line, nut i had to get off to remove clutch
green line, what i made to take off clutch nut
behind the slinger nut is likely a ball bearing

Attachments

·
But who prays for Satan?
6,571 Posts
I see! I'm an idiot, it's tied right into the transmission... ? :confused:

Man, I want to design an engine some day!

Nice job Blitz, Good job making tools! and Thanks for the pictures!

A rule I live by, Normal people can "Use" tools, Smarter people can "make" their own.

·
Ninja Racer
2,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
well hey im the same idiot
the crank has the flywheel on one side which is very heavy, thats why irk's got popular cause they are much lighter, but thats another story
the other side of the crank is geared to the big clutch basket gear and extends out to the slinger which is a freewheel design

·
Registered
355 Posts
Thats a wierd component. It's obviously not a "counterbalancer" because a true counterbalalancer rotates in the opposite direction of crank rotation. It does appear to be a secondary balancer for the crank since it's bolted directly to the crank

·
Ninja Racer
2,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
it is bolted to the crank but its a freewheel, it will spin forwards or back independant of the crank
the stock ones are aluminum but they sell a steel one thats for motors that chill at 10k alot
on the slinger side is where most of the resistance comes from in the form of the clutch basket, but it is close to the center of rotation

1 - 16 of 16 Posts