Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
24,164 Posts
They look like the same engine too me, my Lucky 7 avatar bike has a similar engine but has been modded by Sam, Boosted306, he can build your old engine cheaper than them new engine.
Neither kits says how many intake ports, stage 5 might have 3 top and 2 side ports. Both engines have a copy carb, 14/14mm Dell SHA w/ a leaky plastic float bowl had to yamabond on, no 3rd bearing clutch housing.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I took my old engine apart and hmmm.... yeah its apart lol and also one of the rings around the piston broke. EPR if you had to by one what one would you get

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Also can I run it with the stock exhuast during brake in period? and is the gas mix the same?

·
Banned
24,164 Posts
Looks like the first $118 & $20 S/H has a 3rd bearing housing, but I don't know about colors. I like the 2 pcs Alloy Head Kits too, easier to change the compression piece, like my Blue Demon engine.

Attachments

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
With the 54cc 2-Stroke Big Bore Stage 3 is the break in still the same? Is the gas mix ratio still the same? Can I run stock exhaust on the engine during break in, if break in needed?

·
Banned
24,164 Posts
The 54cc is an Asian measurement, here it would be 46cc, but when you add ports and increase the size of the main transfer ports, under their charts it would be 52-54cc. The 47cc Cag is 40cc, and the stock 49cc cyld is 48.7cc. There all the same, its just a bunch of hype. You still need to raise & widen the exhaust port and lower the squish to get real power.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
lower the squish?

Going to have to run stock exhaust on it for at least a week till I can buy the after market.
With this motor will it be faster then Stock? I saw a post where guy had big bore and was being bet by stock

·
Banned
24,164 Posts
Oh Yeah, it will have more power than stock, them kits have about 15:1 ratio, but there all alittle different. Squish is the clearance between the piston & the head, .030" is good, .060 to .080" not good. If you leave the copper base gasket out and a thin layer of yamabond to seal it, helps alot. The stock pipe will be fine for break in, I run about 32:1 gas-oil new and 40:1 after, w/ 104 Octane Boost in my gas.

·
Banned
21,744 Posts
lower the squish?

Going to have to run stock exhaust on it for at least a week till I can buy the after market.
With this motor will it be faster then Stock? I saw a post where guy had big bore and was being bet by stock
Theres variables that led to that thread and that was the poster didnt follow through in assembling a 2 smoker and assumed it was a simple plug n play install..............You only get that type of service and installation with one of sams kits

Check out a new engine build thread by Jaloos..........He did his own home mods with a 3rd port addition and hes noticing the difference with a more powerful engine with more grunt

Theres also a thread posted by germanlook72 where he killed a clutch and just added a bbk to his engine aswell...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts