Pocketbike Forum banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

· Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hay guys I guys you can say I'm new to pocket bikes 🤷‍♂️ it's been 20 years since I've driven something this small lol .....
So I guess I'll start hear ..I'm pretty sure I just acquired the cheapest pocket bike ever made lol but know very little about it ! Hear is what I do know it's a 4 stroke motogp stile bike ,has no front or rear suspension , both front and rear brakes are cable operated and I found a small sticker with the name (luyuan) iv read about the different types of engines for CAG ,X7 and Honda clone ! But still not sure witch engine I'm running reason I'm asking is probably going to need a carb kit or new/upgraded carb I haven't took it apart to clean it yet and wouldn't hut if I can get a clutch upgrade considering I'm about 155 pounds and live in a hilly area these are the parts that are a must for now so any help on the engine or what the bike is would gratefully welcomed ????

· Registered
1,618 Posts
not really much upgradeable parts for the 4 strokes. You could try to fit a gp460rs motor in there. That would really wake it up, almost quadruple the power.

· Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks kray I'll keep that in mind and any other ideas that comes when that time getshere.....and if the space is their IT WILL FIT I have Sawzall angel grinder and a 220 mig welder lol

· Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok folks I'm having problems sending picks right now but hear is what I have come up so far is its a # lucky dog ....copy of a mx3 with a Honda clone 4 stroke of unknown dispament but I found the model stamp in the frame sorry bare with me iv spent less than 30 minutes around the bike so far lol but if you hang with me this should be interesting!!!!!!!! I got the bike for doing a starter job that I was going to do for free anyway lol so starting a free bike hear ! I checked oil round up some Gas pb and chain wax some tinkering and she fires engine sounds strong other than I need to pull the carb and clean it ....so the gole is to get her up and going and finish the welds that whoever bilt this frame tack in place and forgot .then we will see what it takes to blow a Honda clone and go from there 😈😈😈😈

· Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok I turned my camera res down that seems to help??? But 1 should confirm its a Honda clone the other a Donner bike lol not what you thinking #WHAT A R6 ENGINE SWAP .. I'm thinking about luxury and safety. And also when should I move this bild or start another thread as I said I'm new to the site??????

Attachments

· Registered
What's your poison? Mine is 40:1
1,728 Posts
Your best bet is a 2 stroke piston port engine, maybe a case reed engine but I believe someone said the case reed won't fit BUT If you have an angle grinder and a welder and have some sort of builder instinct, I am sure you can get a 2 stroke in that frame.

· Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks going to fix the leaky fule lines And clean the carb on the 4 stroke and see what it takes to blow it lol even though they are no upgrades their is always something that can be done port and polish weld and grind the cam if all else fails see just how much n2o it takes to send the piston by by .... just looking at options as far as what is going to fill the hole when it's gone frame work or make a subframe for the engine to mount is not a issue

· Registered
1,618 Posts
I do think the GP460RS is the best option. I have some at home, if you give me measurements of the current engine, I can let you know how well it'll fit.

· Registered
1,728 Posts
Well yes the GP460RS is great but even used most still crack the $200 mark. I find $20-$40 49cc piston ports all the time. Doesn't take much labor to bump power. I am still running the 43L on my GSR40 with a ported cylinder only it gives the 46's around here a run.

· Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I do think the GP460RS is the best option. I have some at home, if you give me measurements of the current engine, I can let you know how well it'll fit.
Looked 1 up look like it will fit ... measurements I'm about to give are not exact and grater than actual ones but 11 inch wide with trans 8 inch wide without x 9inch tall x 11 inches deep from the front to the back of the air filter. and room to spare

· Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yea I did a quick search on them I think price rang was 350 to 500 kinda pricey might as well put r6 engine on it lmao but for real guys first things first I need help with this carb or picking a new 1 for now and witch directions dose the 2 strokes run meaning what side dose the chain run

Attachments

· Administrator
3,827 Posts
On that frame the two-stroke is an easy swap all he has to do is weld in a flat plate where the four-stroke is mounted with the three holes in it to Mount the two-stroke reed inducted engine with a welder the mod can be done in a few hours.

· Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Yea should do my homework b4 asking Rhetorical questions but with parts being miss labeled it's hard to get you home work right if the book is wrong lol and still learning slang #pocket bike life........ but had the same thing in mind on the 2strok mount even if I had cut the bottom of the engine basket and lower it or raise it ... I find a motor on ebay for about $110 listed as a 49cc cag(performance motor ) meaning thay dressed it up because we all know looks ad 20 hp and 14 ft pound od torque .... but i do believe the mounting points was on the bottom of the engine

· Registered
1,728 Posts
The 'race engine ' has a terrible carb, a full circle crank, and the 2 pc head. That's it. You are better off buying the $60 40mm case reed. Modify it to your liking and have a better engine.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts