Pocketbike Forum banner
21 - 40 of 55 Posts

· Registered
1,618 Posts
That is a standard cag engine, it would be easy to make a mount for that. I think you might have enough space for a piston port 49cc engine.

Both engines have lots of upgrades available for them. But the piston port still has proper exhaust options. All the good options for a cag exhaust are gone.

· Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
If you are sitting on my bike the chain is on the left also I noticed it look like a stock cag runs just a clutch and a taller rear sprocket vs my 4 stroke using the gear Reduction and a smaller rear sprocket ....yes bigger rear more pull smaller more top end ...... I have seen the reduction on 2 strokes online..... thoughts on to use the reduction or not ?????

· Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
That 1 came from my nabor it was 1 of those pocket tillers he had stripped it thinking he was going to put it on a go kart b4 he realized it was about 200 cc to short lol ... considering I got the gear Reduction it was on I'm trying to decide bar stool or cooler

· Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Not my best but not bad for the smallest stick welder Harbor freight has and over 12 years since I struck a arc with a rod just checking battery in my shield getting ready for the welding to begin with the 25 cc cooler and my OCD on the welds on the blade pocket bike......I think it was made on Friday right b4 time to clock out!!!!!!

Attachments

· Registered
201 Posts
Are you gonna do some port job on the head?
Experimenting with filling intake with jb weld? To gain velocity?
Or make it bigger and maybe lose velocity?
It’s a fun subject and without testing or a lot of knowledge and experience who knows what works
Welding and grinding camshaft is an interesting idea, might need to grind those things on the piston so it won’t hit the valves if increasing lift
Keep it up and experiment and share everything

· Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
Are you gonna do some port job on the head?
Experimenting with filling intake with jb weld? To gain velocity?
Or make it bigger and maybe lose velocity?
It’s a fun subject and without testing or a lot of knowledge and experience who knows what works
Welding and grinding camshaft is an interesting idea, might need to grind those things on the piston so it won’t hit the valves if increasing lift
Keep it up and experiment and share everything
Theas are all valid?'s ..
The statement was made b4 I noticed the mini 4 stroke seams to more tuchy than 2 stoke ...of the same size .. also b4 I have laid eyes on some of the parts you have mentioned above ....
As for port the head will probably just small with shaping and smooth out air flow with taking out as little metal as possible ...after looking at the intake it will be a custom made intake ! I will try my best to include details on what The amateur and runner length And material used and why .I'll give you a hint it has to tune the velocity and volume of air into the engine during a period of the RPM rang .....
As same will be said for the Exhaust
On the cam or any other valve timing I will be sure to check Is valve clearances with the piston if needed I will notch the< [eyebrows] = Valve relief> in the piston and if if increasing lift I'll also check on how much the valves springs can handle and modifications are needed....
Thanks for showing interest ! With your request I will try Keep numbers with in better and give reason why and the actual results....

· Registered
201 Posts
Theas are all valid?'s ..
The statement was made b4 I noticed the mini 4 stroke seams to more tuchy than 2 stoke ...of the same size .. also b4 I have laid eyes on some of the parts you have mentioned above ....
As for port the head will probably just small with shaping and smooth out air flow with taking out as little metal as possible ...after looking at the intake it will be a custom made intake ! I will try my best to include details on what The amateur and runner length And material used and why .I'll give you a hint it has to tune the velocity and volume of air into the engine during a period of the RPM rang .....
As same will be said for the Exhaust
On the cam or any other valve timing I will be sure to check Is valve clearances with the piston if needed I will notch the< [eyebrows] = Valve relief> in the piston and if if increasing lift I'll also check on how much the valves springs can handle and modifications are needed....
Thanks for showing interest ! With your request I will try Keep numbers with in better and give reason why and the actual results....
Sounds great, it’s about time people try to make gains on those small 4 stroke engines. And not only put on an oversized exhaust and the biggest carburetor they can find.

I’ve been porting twostrokes I used to never touch the 4 stroke engines.
But now I had a lot of small 4 strokes that I’ve been fixing and then selling.
So naturally I’ve been like a sponge about 4 stroke porting and trying to get as much knowledge as possible.

I have a few heads with bent valves. So I’ve ordered new valves, and I’ll do some porting.
Mostly blending for now, I’m also interested in filling the intake with jb weld in the right spots, I’ve heard that on some small 4 stroke engines the intake volume are too big and they benefit from making it smaller and not bigger as most seem to do.

Without a flow bench and knowledge for the different data you get from that, then trial and error will be my only bet.
Not sure if I have 3 heads unfortunately, cause it would be fun to see the difference if

one is only blended and casting errors is removed,
one with blending,removing casting errors and making intake volume smaller
and last head with blending, casting errors and making intake volume bigger
Then test them all and see which performs best

· Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
Yea
Sounds great, it’s about time people try to make gains on those small 4 stroke engines. And not only put on an oversized exhaust and the biggest carburetor they can find.

I’ve been porting twostrokes I used to never touch the 4 stroke engines.
But now I had a lot of small 4 strokes that I’ve been fixing and then selling.
So naturally I’ve been like a sponge about 4 stroke porting and trying to get as much knowledge as possible.

I have a few heads with bent valves. So I’ve ordered new valves, and I’ll do some porting.
Mostly blending for now, I’m also interested in filling the intake with jb weld in the right spots, I’ve heard that on some small 4 stroke engines the intake volume are too big and they benefit from making it smaller and not bigger as most seem to do.

Without a flow bench and knowledge for the different data you get from that, then trial and error will be my only bet.
Not sure if I have 3 heads unfortunately, cause it would be fun to see the difference if

one is only blended and casting errors is removed,
one with blending,removing casting errors and making intake volume smaller
and last head with blending, casting errors and making intake volume bigger
Then test them all and see which performs best
yea this was just going to be a ah that will do project and go 2 stroke but I joined this place to witness new 2 stroke pocket bikes dying just like MX bikes ....... so it's time to start working on improving them it's what the future generations are going to have to work with..

21 - 40 of 55 Posts