Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I posted this on the intro page but realize it'll probably get more responses here. Sorry for the redundancy. I joined the forum in hopes of getting some opinions and info. I was given this bike a while ago and I'm trying to decide what I should do with it. I guess the first question is, what is it? Next, is it worth repairing? And last, would parts be available for this make / model?
The bike seems to be in OK shape except for 2 serious issues. As you can see in the pics the top end is trashed. Also, a frame component is broken. I have some ideas to possibly repair the frame piece but I"d need top end parts for sure.
Repair? Part it out? Toss it in the dumpster? What do guys think?

·
Registered
412 Posts
It's a Blata replica Serie 2 with the aluminum frame.
The parts are available and cheap when you use replica parts. But I would repair it with origin parts. Engine you should buy a new one it's not worth to repair this one.

·
Super Moderator
2,355 Posts
I agree both the engine and frame are gone if it were me I would try to find another one exactly like it and use the bike you currently have as a parts bike

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
As the bike was a freebie and really just a "shits and giggles" project I'm hoping to keep the expenses down. I've already found a welder (highly recommended) to fix the frame piece. He said it would be no problem. One problem solved. I've been looking all over the internet for engine parts but keep coming up against "discontinued or no longer available". Any ideas on where to go for top end replacement parts? Thanks

Bill

·
Super Moderator
2,355 Posts
disassemble the engine completely and check out all the damage before you even consider trying to replace just the top end more than likely the water channels and water pump bushings and all the water pump seals are also shot and the belt that runs the pump is also going to be shot those engines were complete junk a lot of them didn't make it past break in...

the water pump and other parts of the engines are made out of dissimilar metals that cause electrolysis and that's why they quickly rot away.

The frame is at your discretion I personally would not try to weld that pot aluminum it's just not worth a ride to the hospital when it fails in a different spot.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
There are some italian facebook groups that I and others use to search for used parts. If you are interested let me know. I would get also completely take the motor apart and see exactly what you need to fix. You could try to weld the frame if you want. It looks like aluminum so you may need to tig weld it.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So I did take the bottom end all apart and I was pleasantly surprised at the condition of everything. Crank bearings, water pump components even the rubber belt looks great so I'm still hoping I can move forward to repair the top end. kray15, I've taken the frame piece to a (highly) qualified welder so I think that will be good but if you could get me the info for the facebook groups that would be great.

Bill

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
check out "pocket bike tech community" fill out the questions mention Kyle Ray sent you. check out "minimotoscout24.it" and "MINIMOTO MERCATINO DELL'USATO " There are others but those are great ones to get started.

Nice a good weld job should set you up ok.

Good news on the bottom end. The water pump and belt are usually the first things to go. I'll take a gander on ebay for top end parts. Hows the wrist pin?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The wrist pin, it's bearing, the piston, cylinder and head are all toast. Although I was able to press the piece that the plug threads into out of the head. Not sure if it's available separately but I thought I saw it somewhere in my internet travels. Thanks for the help Kyle.

·
Registered
Blata quadard. 2 xhinese copy quads. 3 lucky 7's. 1 lucky 7 trike. 1 cag.
32 Posts
Good news about the bottom end, looking like it might be salvageable after all. Once the frame is repaired give it all a nice black paint job. Itll look brand new. Top work mate, that'll be a decent bike saved.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks Max. I've been trying to purchase the parts from Kyle's link above but there's some problem. It keeps telling me the seller can't accept payment at this time. I emailed the seller but no response yet. I hope it happens because those parts would be almost everything I'd need. A gasket kit and refresh the cylinder head and she'd be saved from the scrap pile.

Cheers, Bill

1 - 13 of 13 Posts