Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys its just a question that been going threw my head.
what is the most powerfull 50cc or smaller displacement engine that would work in our bikes? :D

·
But who prays for Satan?
6,571 Posts
Some of the water cooled 39cc / 49cc engines make 6-8hp, like from the C1 or banshee etc, the chain is a #25 so the chain / pinion / sprocket would need to match, but my C1/MT-A4 engine hauls serious butt. I should have one of the bikes ready for videos in a week or two... I'll add them to my YouTube page and post a link once it's ready...

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Some of the water cooled 39cc / 49cc engines make 6-8hp, like from the C1 or banshee etc, the chain is a #25 so the chain / pinion / sprocket would need to match, but my C1/MT-A4 engine hauls serious butt. I should have one of the bikes ready for videos in a week or two... I'll add them to my YouTube page and post a link once it's ready...
yea i had the same idea. ive been looking around and really my only options would be 39cc Lc off a C1 or 49cc Lc off a banshee. or the more expensive route a honda gy6 50cc swap. i really want to dropped another gx clone in it but if i do its technically illegal since my bike is registered as i moped and cant exceed 50cc.

if i do go to LC route can i just buy the engine? and where?

·
Señor Member!
958 Posts
check to see if theres a law about speed too. i believe, here, it has to be higher than 28", you have a drivers liscence, the engine is smaller than 50cc, and it goes less than 35mph or something.

·
Ninja Racer
2,767 Posts
king, dont worry about the legality of your motor cc's
here its 35mph for mopeds too and 26" seat height
so the fastest engine you need goes 35 right...right...

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
check to see if theres a law about speed too. i believe, here, it has to be higher than 28", you have a drivers liscence, the engine is smaller than 50cc, and it goes less than 35mph or something.
i think colorado just actually passed a new law as of july-1-11, new law is less than 50cc, drivers license, helmet and liability insurance( 8bucks a month for me:thumbsup:) im not sure if this is true but i also heard rumors that they lifted to speed limit law. if so it means you can go as fast as you want as long as you have all the requirment.

king, dont worry about the legality of your motor cc's
here its 35mph for mopeds too and 26" seat height
so the fastest engine you need goes 35 right...right...
haha yea. well it was just a thought i had in mind just in case this new speed law is actually true. but for now since i still follow the 30mph rule and my bike can actually go 40mph im pretty content. i just wanted to see what options i had if i do decide to swap.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts