Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
French Fries N Cheese
1,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, so it happens that my overflow tube gets a few drips of gas down it, I was wondering if I could run a line from the overflow nozle to my gas tank? less leaks, and less gas wasted.

Pics if you have done this....

·
Banned
21,742 Posts
The overflow on the topside of the carb has an important function and if you hook it to the tank it may cause running problems due to irregular float activity...............

·
GHETTO FABRICATOR
1,114 Posts
The overflow on the topside of the carb has an important function and if you hook it to the tank it may cause running problems due to irregular float activity...............
There is that and how often have you seen a liquid run up? If fuel is trying to get out of the overflow and it can't go through the tube it will go out the carb, either end or both.

·
French Fries N Cheese
1,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
not often, sometimes a few drops when I lift the quad on it's back wheels to check exhaust and engine mount bolts before riding.

·
Banned
21,742 Posts
not often, sometimes a few drops when I lift the quad on it's back wheels to check exhaust and engine mount bolts before riding.
If you use the inline fuel shutoff and run the bike 20-35 seconds before shutting off the bike those dribbles could be avoided........20-35 seconds wont suck the bowl dry but will drop the level in the bowl enough .........

The other alternative is a drip free easy to tune pumper carb........:D

Just for referrence the top vent port on a carb is an overflow vent but it also balances the float by applying downforce through gravity.......Without the proper downforce the bike will run erratic...

·
French Fries N Cheese
1,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeah I've been looking at pumper carbs to put on it.. My quad now runs 38 MPH on dirt, and my floater carb runs great after a few mods done to it... my interrest is to know whether or not the pumper gives any power gains... also I have a genuin del'lorto 14/14 SHA sitting in my closet, could I use it on this CAG? Which carb would you recommend if not a 14/14?

And if I were to buy one, which would you recommend?

·
Banned
21,742 Posts
yeah I've been looking at pumper carbs to put on it.. My quad now runs 38 MPH on dirt, and my floater carb runs great after a few mods done to it... my interrest is to know whether or not the pumper gives any power gains... also I have a genuin del'lorto 14/14 SHA sitting in my closet, could I use it on this CAG? Which carb would you recommend if not a 14/14?

And if I were to buy one, which would you recommend?
I took two stock identical 49cc engines and slapped a WT603 on one with composite reeds and a stock modded carb on the other with modded clutches in both...I even left the stock choke in the 603 too..

Stuck both engines on two frames with stock exhausts and the bike with the pumper carb owned the bike with the floater carb all day and the pumper carb was the easiest to tune in and keep tuned throughout the day...Its like the difference between naturally aspirated and fuel injected engines

On my one piece head cag im running a Walbro WT813....Before I made the dual chamber exhaust pipe for it I was running a WT603..........

you could use the 14/14 carb but its still a small bowl floater carb and when bouncing around it will still make the tune/performance erratic.....

Couple years back I bought a h/f cag from a member here for $30 and first modded the stock carb to 14mm then I added a 14/14 rep carb and there was very little difference between the two carbs..the del rep was just a tad more responsive because of the intake........

·
Banned
21,742 Posts
With that carb kit youre gonna need an intake to go with it aswell and thats another $20 bux then a hp airfilter aswell which is another $20

This guys in Canada and he ships anywhere fast.....This carb kit is ok but to make it even better it will need a lil refining of the way things flow together..........

http://www.bigmotorsport.com/products/Mini-Pocket-Bike-33-43-49cc-HP-Carburetor-Kit.html

The 603 can be modded to perform sweetly with an original walbro pumper carb rebuild kit which is like 10 bux shipped from ebay and modifying the inlet and outlet aswell as tapering the needles a lil and messing with the pumpe needle spring to lighten up the touch to speed up the action without losing pumper needle seal

Most are like...eh..the 603 only got a 15.8mm venturi...........I laugh because the stock carb venturi cant be modded past 14mm's and are 12.5mm's stock......With these small engines a tiny bit makes a big difference..........LOL

Id also stick in a composite reed petal set.Use loctite and DONT overtighten the screws for the reeds either...use loctite and snug the screws or youll warp the petals.Only the tin reeds can be installed tight-tight...Dont forget the loctite........

Youre also gonna need a pumper carb fuelline kit ......Good Luck

·
French Fries N Cheese
1,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
true... but a gen walbro has pretty good quality as is, idk about the reps never had one.... the manifold I can probably make myself too, would just need to get a CAD drawing, punch a dozen out on the vipros and send it to welding... lol. and with the rep I still would need the rebuild kit.

I've got CF reeds already, with moded reed forks.

then again, just buying a kit with the manifold is always simpler....

I"ll think about it.

Reps need the fuel line kit aswell? guess that also means a new tank...

·
Banned
21,742 Posts
true... but a gen walbro has pretty good quality as is, idk about the reps never had one.... the manifold I can probably make myself too, would just need to get a CAD drawing, punch a dozen out on the vipros and send it to welding... lol. and with the rep I still would need the rebuild kit.

then again, just buying a kit with the manifold is always simpler....

I"ll think about it.

Youre looking at 65 versing 115 in money without the 10 dollar rebuild kit and with tank n lines....For the extra 35 out of 50 in difference you could buy another walbro WT813 carb to upgrade to if the 603 doesnt perform and still spend less loot.....Then you can sell the 603 to recoup back a lil cash

I have bought six 603 rep kits and all have worked straigt out of the box but they have thick fuel flappers and the performance out of them isnt what it should be compared to a real walbro but the difference is minimal......Take the rep carb and stick in a walbro rebuild kit and refine the casting slag ridges and youll basically have a real walbro....I also bought 4 wt813 carbs as backups and have upgraded 2 bikes to WT813's so far but theyre also wickedly modded....

If you check out a fellow canadians thread named Jaloos on how he modded his cag engine youll see how he did the fuellines and you can also read his review on all mods he was suggested doing by members here and myself..........

·
GHETTO FABRICATOR
1,114 Posts
Awe schucks your gonna make me blush.

For the record the pumper carb rules.

All my pocket bikes have them and I have a box of stock carbs where they work the best.

·
French Fries N Cheese
1,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Cam is that a rubber fitting with 2 holes for hoses you used on that gas tank? maybe I could just mod mine to make it work...

·
French Fries N Cheese
1,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Ah Ebay, they always sell that chinese crap that no body else sells.... I'll definitely look in into that :thumbsup::thumbsup:.

Going to get a rep pumper monday from my local PB shop, I know the guy there so he will probably give me a good deal on it.... I figure ied get something ied have to toy with a little to make it work good... My BBK is giving me so much more power than the stock head, cant wait to see what a better carb will do to this....

I started thinking about a front fairing for it... made with high grade aluminum to keep it as light and durable as possible... and also to house headlights/battery.

going to spend some time tommorow making a design on solidworks.

·
Banned
21,742 Posts
Ones like either of these are pretty cool or even a combo of the two..

My lil 50cc 4 stroke pathripper quad...Gonna get a KX85 engine in it or the 125cc 4 stroke engine from my SSR pitbike soon...LOL

·
French Fries N Cheese
1,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Gorilla axle shocks, new front skid plates and a 12000 Lb winch, stuff I needed to haul my moose out of the bush. As far as power goes no, I haven't done anything yet. The 700cc motor it's rocking is pretty mean as is, but I will be looking into some do it yourself mods soon.

Also got a nice Gun Boot for it.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts