Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi Guys,

I'm new to the site but have owned my Mini Harley looking Bike for 4 yrs now & N need of some help & have sum Questions. I'm always willing to learn. I am Mechanically Inclined & I catch on pretty fast. Link to Pics at bottom!!!!

Issue is it was made in 2003(at least by the sticker on the neck) 49cc. It says Pagsta on the Forks Cross member but the Batt Box says Johnny Pag. So I need to figure out which or what it is First I read sumwhere on here they r 2 different companies & one gets mad when u call looking for parts for the other haha. I should call him just cause I can b a d****. haha neway

Then The motor is old and wore down I have to Change plugs all the time Black when I change them. I need a new air cleaner I know & when I get N2 4th gear I stay at my speed mayb pick up a mph or 2 down hill but usually slow down especially if up hill. So I want to fix this so I don't get runned over cause I ride this all around town alot. Gets great gas mileage & fun as hell to ride. Turns alot of heads n gets lots of Questions. It's nice cause peps start talking to me about the bike & I usually end up selling them a Phone or Flashing theirs to Straight Talk hehehe.

So What I am tossing around to do is 1) Throw a 80cc Big Bore kit on there 2) Just buy a new 125cc or 140cc I think I saw 110cc atleast if I'm buying a new motor. Issue with the 110cc or bigger is size not sure if it will fit between frame in the front & height 4 the Carb & Air Filter. Ill make sumthing 4 carb & Air Filter that wont b a big deal.

http://s797.photobucket.com/albums/yy251/4MUSKRAT/Mini%20Chopper/

Thanks ahead of time for Help & Info. I'll help after I learn a Bit but if any1 need helps with their Cell phone I flash phones to many carriers.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Im new too i just icked up a pocket bike and i have no clue wat it is if u could help or know who i could ask that would be great my profile pic is the bike and in having a hell of a time trying to get it started

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Make Thread post pics & ask is your best bet 2 find out what it is. I am new & I don't have much of a clue on what is what in the mini world sorry man.

On the Starting issue is it pull start or electric? need more info to help ya. What have you tried?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh I was also thinking about using a K&N Air Filter. My Question is I will more than likely need a different 1 for a 110cc or larger than my 49cc so If ne1 knows the size or part # that would b tits thx all

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
A motor like this would b nice. I would prob never open it all the way up. I just need sumthin to get around town on and b able to keep up with traffic but not draw attention to my self 4 blowing by a cop at 70+ mph. I wouldn't mind having that kinda of speed but doubt I would go that fast on my frame without mods & fork stabilizer. http://www.scooterpartsdepot.com/260cc_Motor_Parts.htm

·
Banned
21,744 Posts
Its gonna be a Pagsta........Johnny Pag makes real deal bikes and gets upset when you call him looking for Pagsta parts.................

The engine thats on it will do the trick for what you want to do with a few mods youll get a lil more....Good luck

·
Banned
24,164 Posts
On the engine it is 50cc maybe 70cc, they have put 48cc on 110 engine in a bike to get it into the United States. Can't go 107cc, I think I saw an 88cc kit for 50 & 70cc engines. Or 90cc. If you do, try to find one w/ a high compression piston. If you could, ??? fit a 110cc head on that block it has bigger valves I believe. Cam2 would know! I have 2, 110cc 4 stroke honda clone engines. Over and under starter motors. I got a 125cc kit, ( 114cc ) online for $75 to my door. I also got a new full head for $36 to my door, eBay. So, it would be 107cc to 114cc, but the later has a hp piston w/ valve relief.
At motorpartsmax last night got Performance Ign. coil....50 to 110cc engine just like yours $23.95, and 2 NGK plugs and a 27mm carb swivel, and alittle tax & $6.95 S/H total $49.73, they have Cag metal starter covers for $15.95, in three colors. The more you order the less shipping is, minimum is $4.95 S/H. That coil would be a pretty cheap up grade, it is silicon wire & cap. A $20 hp CDI. Dual valve springs if there are none now. A good exhaust or modd the one you have. Bigger valve head w/ a hp cam and alittle bigger carb and hp air filter. That's a good start.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Its gonna be a Pagsta........Johnny Pag makes real deal bikes and gets upset when you call him looking for Pagsta parts.................

The engine thats on it will do the trick for what you want to do with a few mods youll get a lil more....Good luck
K Pagsta it is then. I looked up both a couple yrs ago when i got her & seen those 300cc police bike Johnny Pag makes. I should call & ask just 2 c what kinda reaction I get from them. Haha im a di*** i know. Thats all I could find so I just asked my mechanic buddy & he's helped me a lil.

Anyway it looks to be the size of a 49cc not a 110cc. Between the size, sticker on neck & the Stamped 49cc on the head i believe where it is is why I think it is 49cc.

I have seen those Big Bore kits I could prob throw 1 of those on n a afternoon.

I did some measuring this afternoon since it was hella nice:thumbsup: out today :):D
here they r,

looking at head the bolt pattern it 2" centered up & down
now diagonal is 2 3/4 pattern -(I made a cruddy paint Diagram I'll upload)
Bolt pattern is what I'm most worried about I guess on the big bore kits cause no match = trash 2 me. are they all pretty much standard or do I need to contact each person or company n have them measure it b4 I buy 1? Idk much about these engines but im getting ready to learn the hell outta them. Can't b that hard they dont have much 2 them.

My plugs are black when I pull them out & I read that means I'm getting way to much gas & oil(blow by) is that correct? If so I know i'll get a new piston & rings n all that with a BB Kit & i'll 4 sure buy a new Air Filter but should I buy a new carb as well or mayb re-jet the 1 I have?

Thx for the help guys am I n the correct place or should I make a new thread sum place else?

http://i797.photobucket.com/albums/yy251/4MUSKRAT/Mini Chopper/BikeMeasurements-1.jpg

I know my art skills r way below par jab me 4 postin it

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

K so my art was horrible yesterday & came across a pic that had this in it so I modded to fit what I need.

A= Don't think my engine has this
B= 2 Inches
C= 2 Inches
D= not sure its still together n im still riding the hell outta it haha
the measurement thats not on there is From the hole that C & B cum 2gether @
& the 1 Diagonally across is 2 3/4

& what kind of motor do I have any1 know? So I know what kinda of big bore kit to buy? Everything points to 49cc I just don't know the brand

Since im goin to upgrade are the air filters universal or r they cc specific?
I know they say for 49cc or for 88c, 110cc etc but is that just a tag or does it really matter. I guess what im asking r they group sizes like 49cc, 70cc & 88cc will all interchange bigger motors need a diff filter type of deal? I need a air filter bad prob the first thing I buy

·
Banned
21,744 Posts
You must measure the piston to actually know............................50-110cc engines use the same E22 head with same sized valves...........

For customs purposes the chinese labeled most 70cc engines as 49cm3 casted into the finned head on the shifter side............

You can only punch the 50/70 engines to 88cc technically....Once Ive built a sik 94cc engine for a CRF50.....It didnt last too long because it revved too high compared to stock it vibrated so badly that harmonic distortion snapped the clutch clean off the cranksnout............

·
Registered
40 Posts
I just go one of thies I'm 18 no motorcycle licens and Ihave the pagsta 97cc and Iwant to put 49cc stickers on it so Ican ride it on the street and when u ride ur 49cc bike do cops bothor u and pull you over cuz idk if the cop will be smart and look at my jug and see that it says 97cc but Iwant to put a metal plate over the 97cc that says 49cc and put 49cc stickers on the side and a little 49cc liceans plate made o plastic to XD

·
Banned
24,164 Posts
My scooter has a 49cc Boosted306 engine and it is legal in California as long as you go 30MPH or less. It also say you have to be able to propel it with your foot, like a skateboard,lol. If you are going to fast, they are going to stop you. Cag bikes & super pocket bikes are not legal period.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm picking one of the pagsta bikes up for my kids and would like to know where I can score the chain kit and a few others described on here. Not looking to wake the engine up to much just enough for the hills in my neighborhood. I know it's the 49cc but not sure which model. I really like the fact that my son will learn how to shift as though he's riding a regular motorcycle, not thrilled however that the company itself went out of business. Any info would be appreciated. Needs to remain the same engine casing so it can be registered as a moped in the state of MN.

·
Banned
24,164 Posts
So, it must be a 4 stroke Honda clone engine, bike made in China. Is it a mini dirt bike, pit bike or super pocket class bike? What size are the rims, are they wire spoke or mag rims?? Does it have tags on the frame?? A photo would be good, maybe from Photobucket. Welcome aboard.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts