Pocketbike Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am setting up 3 X1's for my grandkids and I am in needed of the bolt with a hole though it that threads on to the starter under the claw that the bolt to the crank goes through. Anyone have on that has scrapped their starter?

I am going to leave the electric starters in place because of thier age and ease of starting. when thay get ready to go faster in year or so we will start stripping them down for speed.

Thanks

Old Guy

·
Banned
21,742 Posts
I am setting up 3 X1's for my grandkids and I am in needed of the bolt with a hole though it that threads on to the starter under the claw that the bolt to the crank goes through. Anyone have on that has scrapped their starter?

I am going to leave the electric starters in place because of thier age and ease of starting. when thay get ready to go faster in year or so we will start stripping them down for speed.

Thanks

Old Guy
Your best bet is buying a pullstarter pawl from ebay or scooterparts4less....

Most of the time the starters are just gutted of armature weight and magnetic pull aswell as brushes...The housing,,armature core and pullstarter shim are still used to keep the pullstarter in the stock location....heres a thread for referrence......

http://www.pocketbikeplanet.com/showthread.php?t=58861

·
Banned
21,742 Posts
Cam I will likely do that on at least on of the bikes if not all,

But I am still missing a threaded bushing for the armature and need to find one

Thanks
Im pretty sure I have an extra armature somewhere in my junk parts totes...If I find it Ill send ya the whole centershaft removed from the armature....

·
Git R Dun PBracer
766 Posts
Fixing and buildig these little bikes is an addiction. LoL alot cheaper than fixing and building full sized bikes. Thats for sure.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.