Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
PBP RACER
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so I finally got to order the parts for my X7, here's a list of what will be arriving at my house in 3-5 business days

Daves Motors

Zenoah flywheel air gap gauge tool - 1
Zenoah flywheel key - 2
Flywheel nut - 2
Zenoah flywheel puller bolt - 2
NGK CR8HIX Iridium spark plug - 1
Walbro WA/WT Carb prep kit - 1
Cable throttle barrel extension - 2
Walbro WA/WT Carb swivel - 1
Walbro WT813 HP Carb - 1
DDM Tall RC/CY Velocity Stack w/ Choke - 1
Uni air filter (foam) - 1

Boost Industries

49cc boost bottle in silver
49cc aluminum intake manifold w/ 1 brass fitting

Pocketbikesunlimited

R6,X7 power pipe exhaust with race clear coat finish

I am VERY excited. Thanks to EPR for the help in figuring out what parts went with what and how to navigate Daves Motors site. Larry is the man.

I'll post pics when I start the build.

·
PBP RACER
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Whoops. Bought the stock flywheel key. Oh well, it was only like a buck, we'll see how the rest of it affects the performance and see if I need to run a rocket key. It means I won't have to pull apart the clutch right away, which is nice.

I heard they make built up engines run hot. True?

·
But who prays for Satan?
6,571 Posts
Advancing timing, hmmm, spark comes slightly early, before compression, so temp should go up, because what you are compressing is hotter, so the compression will have more of an effect...

Right? :confused:

I don't think it will be too bad :eek::thumbsup:

·
PBP RACER
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Makes sense. That'll be stage two of the build anyway. I'm gonna get the exhaust, carb, intake and boost on it and see how it runs before I decide what else to do.

·
Banned
24,164 Posts
Is Dave's out of Zenoah rocket keys, they are listed under 2 numbers for the same part. I have a few here have not changed my stock one on the scootern, I use the dr123 on my Cags too. I rode it today after adding a bracket and 2nd spring to hold the Jet Pro exh on. I love that WT 813 and The V-stack you got to and the choke on my scooter engine.

·
PBP RACER
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm not sure if they're out or not. They have the dr111 rocket key for the GSR40 motor, but I'm not sure which model Zenoah I have. What I ordered was a dr235, which I'm fairly sure is the stock one. We'll see tho, I hadn't fully committed to putting a rocket key in anyway, I just ordered it in case. Was planning to see how it runs with the pumper carb, intake, boost bottle and new power exhaust first.

·
PBP RACER
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
update: I ordered a dr111. if it doesn't fit I have other engines laying around that it might, or friends who can use it. and it was only 5 bucks. the mod is too easy to not do if I can get the right part.

·
Banned
21,744 Posts
If the rocket key you ordered is for the GSR40 engine it will fit your 49cc aswell....You may have to file fit it a lil bit on the sides but is an easy fix

Easiest mods to do other than the rocket key is lighten the flywheel and clutches aswell as adding a homemade boost bottle setup,,v-stack,,hp airfilter............

Then youll need to port out the intake aswell as portmatch them to the head and carb....The carb needs some modding aswell to give the best performance gains.......

Keep us updated on your progress and Good luck with everything.........

·
Banned
24,164 Posts
I just checked at Dave's that dr111, its the Right Part. I told you there listed under pocket bikes as dr123 and Go Peds Zenoah dr111, its the same part. I have to file or grind them to fit my Cag engines too, but Tight is good. Walbro WT 813s & 603s work better on Zenoah cause it bolts to the head and no reeds. I had to make a shorter spring for my WT 603 idle screw so the throttle arm rides on the threads, to make it idle.
With Walbros no matter what engine its on, it starts easier if you crack the throttle just a hair when you start it.
Change engines in my Lucky 7, Sam'd 3rd stage out, and my Blue Demon engine in with my Dave's 11 or $14, I forgot Orphan Sale SS Pipe.
Should be riding it tomorrow, the rings look good, and it runs good finally w/ the Walbro 603, But Can't figure out how the run a boost fitting on this alum intake manifold with the Cag, no room at the top and there is a pulse hole along the bottom, guess I will have to ask Cam2, he will Know.

·
Banned
21,744 Posts
To put a boost nipple in the cag pumper carb manifolds is a very delicate task but very do-able......

Come check out my thread and ill show you how I did it....................

·
PBP RACER
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm definitely gonna check your thread out. I ordered the single 49cc boost bottle kit from Boost Industries as well as the pretapped manifold so I *shouldn't* need the info for this particular build, it will however come in handy for future projects.

I spent the extra money to make everything as simple and straightforward as possible. I love wrenching on just about anything mechanical, but unfortunately I've just moved to a third floor apartment in Baltimore and don't have access to my full tool arsenal.

It's weird that Daves lists that rocket key under two different item numbers depending on what application the motor is being used for. I didn't find their site to be particularly user friendly, but if I get all of my parts in a reasonable amount of time I'll be happy.

·
Banned
24,164 Posts
Ditto, my 49cc Zenoah runs so Good with the Jet Pro & WT 813 I am not fooling with it. It already picks the front off the ground and under full throttle your can steer but nothing happens cause its not on the ground.

·
Banned
24,164 Posts
I do try to lean forward, if you sit on the seat, and lean back just alittle it wheelies real nice, but I like to flat track it in my yard, put your foot down and gas it till the rear comes around, Oh Yeah.

·
PBP RACER
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
In that case I'll definitely leave it and see how it runs with the other stuff in. Thanks guys.

·
Banned
24,164 Posts
Your biggest speed & take off problem is total bike weight and a 49cc engine. My Cag is about 39lbs, yours is probably around 100lbs. On my Pro Stock 600lb bike, 10lbs cost us 1/10 second in the 1/4 mile and that is with 150 horsepower. So the more weight you take off the more power to your rear wheel and faster top speed.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts