Pocketbike Forum banner

pb200 wont charge

5K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  EPR 
#1 ·
I picked this up for free and then bought another razor dirt bike that has a good charger with it. I hook up the charger to the dirt bike and the light goes red for charge. I hook it up to the pb200 and the light stays green. left it for 24 hrs and no change. when connected it powers up the circuits on the bike but no joy.... Voltage across the battery is 5 volts. when connected to the battery, voltage across the charger is 27 volts. My question is could it be the charger controller or is the battery just to far gone to take charge? The guy I got it from sez the bike sat for a few months cause his kids lost the charger and lost interest.. Any thoughts?
Thanks,
Brad

#3 ·
Well I am pretty sure it is the battery.Even if your batteries are dead the light will turn on.Pick the back wheel of the ground turn the throttle and look if the wheels moving.If it does then it is the batteries if not it could still be the batteries just try that first.

#4 ·
Well after I left it on for the 24, the red light stayed on, but no joy. If you leave it on the charger, the red and green lights are on. Does anyone know where to get a schematic for these things? If I can see the diagram, I can see how things are supposed to work without asking noobie questions and aggravating people. I'm going to take the battery out of the dirt bike and plug it into the pb200 and see if it takes off (I hope). If not I guess it will narrow it down to throttle or controller.. thanks for the input from you guys....and your patience!!!:)

#5 · (Edited)
i had a similar problem in another thread. i would use a multimeter to do some checks on your electrical system at various points to isolate the issue. i thought it was my charger as well but now i believe its a controller issue.

another thing you can do is to connect your battery series directly into the motor. It should run immediately -assuming your batteries took a charge.

#6 ·
This stuff is 24v two 12v batteries wired together. I also have a wire hookup to run a third battery for more power. A battery might read 12 or 24v but if there is no amps nothing happens. The batteries suck on these bikes. I have a PR200, 2007, in less than 2 yrs the batteries failed, still like new, tires and all, batteries are gone. I am converting it to a Gas 49cc Cag engine w/ Cag wheels and rims and brakes. With new batteries leave it on the charger when not using it. I have all the electric stuff in a box and the throttle, electronics box, wheel & tires, chain & rear brakes, all like new. Will sell all of it for $50 + shipping.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.