Pocketbike Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
866 Posts
PBU is way overpriced...
keep lookin around, and buy parts seperately...

in the old PBP, there was a forum on where to get tha parts cheapest...

DAMN HACKERS!!! look wat yall did!!!

try sites like teamgonads.com, davesmotors.com, scooterparts4less.com, hpminimods.com....

there are more sites, thats just all i remeber for now...

·
Registered
573 Posts
Shop around and check ebay often for good deals. Most of the time the package deals are cheap on ebay. Yeah does any1 still ahve the link for the shop selling the carb, filter kit, rocket key and tuned pipe for 150?

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks
Is anyone else machining parts themselves?
Is there somewhere else to find a DualBoost Tube system?
If $$ did not matter, is this a good system or is it garbage?

Thanks again.

·
Registered
80 Posts
It looks like snake oil to me. They are trying to get the buyers that think more is better. I don't know why the hek you would wanna run two boost bottles and a juice box!!!! Thats pretty ridiculous!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Pharohx said:
http://www.pocketbikesunlimited.com/X1PRODUCTS.html
What do you guys think of this package and price.
I need to buy 2 bikes and 2 upgrade packages, is this a choice.
Also if anyone has any feedback on a good Trailer to haul 2 or 3 bikes around.

Thanks.
Facts about PBU

1. Overpriced
2. Ran out of a house -- Business under wifes parts store...hardly any products
in store.
3. Their own products so over charging consumers greatly
4. "Claims" to have a 6.5 hp motor....yea right!!!
5. Spend your money else where and get your monies worth

·
Registered
573 Posts
Thats it...thats a teriffic price!!! =) Carb alone cost as much as 75-100 on most sites. Rocket key lets say 9 bucks, filter and vstack lets say 20. So all in all its a pretty good deal

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hey cool, thanks for the link!
Thats the first Generation Pipe. Arent there beter pipes now?
Dont wanna buy any "Good" stuff, wanna buy only the "Best" stuff.... more help?

·
Registered
866 Posts
yea... most ppl say its the "poop" pipe...

but mine doesnt seem like it...

the best is Proline i would think......

·
Registered
325 Posts
thats the kit i got and im lovin it, on my stock speedo im getting to the line passed 35. im guessing its 36 or so and the ada juice box has me getting there fast, and im just know installing the rocket key we'll see what i get with that. ill post an update

·
Registered
240 Posts
Rockabilly Willie said:
It looks like snake oil to me. They are trying to get the buyers that think more is better. I don't know why the hek you would wanna run two boost bottles and a juice box!!!! Thats pretty ridiculous!
That is kinda funny. correct me if I'm wrong from what I understand on other posts about boost bottles, it should be only be ~1.6 oz of volume for the right boost for a 49cc engine including the hose. Basically, 3 "boost bottles" is over kill I would think.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
325 Posts
iDR07 said:
u should get a digital schwinn speedo, unless uve adjusted your stock speedo to be somewat accurate...
ive seen people on here getting the shwinn speedo but all that calculating crap seems like a hasssle. if someone could come up w/ the correct formula and tell me i would get it, but i was never good at math .

·
Registered
58 Posts
if u really need to know your speed, best way is with a hand held gps, or have someone clock u on their car. note on car speedos: theyre not accurate either. theyre a little generous, just in case u come up on one of those ZERO TOLLERANCE days on the freeway where they get u for one mph over the speed limit. but it will still give u a good idea of your speed.

obtw, i ordered that kit also. thanks for the link. i talked to them on the phone when i ordered the kit. and they say that you have to work a bit on the intake manifold to make the HP carb fit right. the guy i talked to said i could find the instructions on how-to on pocketbikesnation.com, but there's no such animal. anyone know where i can find these instructions? my kit should be comin in tomorrow if they sent it out that day like they said they would.

·
Registered
814 Posts
in the old forum, someone took the time to compair prices from 4 different parts shops. PBU was like $160 or $180 more then another shop for the all the same parts. Most shops run ADA racing parts which are pretty damn good. When looking for parts, do ur HW on the parts them self w/ other riders and cost.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts