Pocketbike Forum banner

41 - 60 of 92 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,578 Posts
Thanks, Ghost, that's exactly it. You don't want to make the C-canal any wider on the petcock knob, because it will leak. You can use either a really small dremel bit (I actually found one JUST the width of the C-canal), or you can use the point of an Xacto knife.

·
Registered
20 Posts
my stock carb has two side holes filled already, where do i put the jb weld at. what about that white shut off valve,should i make that u-dent bigger or dig it deeper circle instead...... pics coming soon.

·
Premium Member
8,578 Posts
Well, if you take the entire petcock apart (which I'm assuming you've done), you fill the whole inside of the petcock with J-B Weld, where the little rubber washer that looks like a button went. Once that stuff dries, you drill straight down through the top barb all the way through the J-B Weld and through the bottom hole of the petcock. If you're trying to re-use the white knob, you dig the C-channel deeper, NOT wider - wider will make it leak.

·
Premium Member
8,578 Posts
Shoot him a PM, ask how much, and send payment to his PayPal.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Thanks SpyGuy I will look into getting a PayPal Account & send him a PM...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Instead of making a plate I pulled a Dime out of my pocket & I filed the edges off it until it fit.. JB under the dime and then put the original plate back on it..
IT WORKS GREAT

·
Premium Member
8,578 Posts
*laffs* Are you kidding???? That's a great way to do the mod!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Not kidding you ! It only cost me a little time and one thin dime !

Thank you for reading my post tell anyone who needs to modify thier carb that its so easy that a girl can do it.. :D HEE HEE HEE !

·
GHETTO FABRICATOR
1,114 Posts
Instead of making a plate I pulled a Dime out of my pocket & I filed the edges off it until it fit.. JB under the dime and then put the original plate back on it..
IT WORKS GREAT
Nice. I just overfil the hole in the petcock then wet sand it down flush and screw the original plate back on it.

Doesn't even cost the extra dime ROFL.

·
Banned
24,164 Posts
I like it, need to do another one soon, I could use an old silver Mercury Dime and you can polish it when it gets dirty,lol. It will look good.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Jal that looks pretty sweet!

Im a poor boy! had a hard enough time looking for a dime. Almost had to panhandle for one!

·
GHETTO FABRICATOR
1,114 Posts
Jal that looks pretty sweet!

Im a poor boy! had a hard enough time looking for a dime. Almost had to panhandle for one!
A little JB weld and some sanding.

If I used a dime that would make the bike more valuable to steal as it would be worth at least a dime LOL.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Nice. I just overfil the hole in the petcock then wet sand it down flush and screw the original plate back on it.

Doesn't even cost the extra dime ROFL.
VERY NICE! AND YOU DID IT WITHOUT SPENDING A DIME.. THATS A ROFL. FOR SURE ... YOU ROCK!

41 - 60 of 92 Posts