Pocketbike Forum banner

61 - 80 of 92 Posts

·
Banned
21,744 Posts
My mod..................No currency but not plain either like the last one I did............The epoxy you fill the cavity with keeps the dime and my brass Maltese Cross accent stuck there...If it could leak through 1/4"thick of epoxy then the fuel would be like acid...........

·
Banned
21,744 Posts
Thanks guys............If I run across another stock carb to do the mod to Im gonna use a silver skull of a similar size and dimension..i just have to cut off the hoop.................It kind of looks like Jaloos' avatar........lol

·
Registered
67 Posts
And for other people in the UK looking to do this mod.. heres mine! 5 pence piece is the ticket, file the little ridges off the edge of the coin all the way round and you should find you can press it in, once it's in though you'll stuggle to get it out so make sure you do the JB Welding bit first and resist the urge to test the coin! Sorry for the lame pic, i didnt think about it until i'd already put it back on the bike, also shows how i mounted the inline shut off valve

·
Registered
215 Posts
Pulled apart my carby about 60 times trying to find the reason for fuel flow issues and then found this mod and opened up the petcock and found the torn black rubber seal to sheet and blocking off the flow. I've done the 5 pence mod and got a good seal no leaking fuel. Engine is running a treat.

Thanks all for the info!

·
Registered
193 Posts
I only just tried this mod last week, the bike kept dying at WOT. I have a spare stock carb in parts, so I took the petcock and did the five pence mod, and I drilled the inside out too so its really opened up.

It made a huge differeance, the bike is perfect now, it can run at WOT for long periods with no problems at all. I can't believe I left this mod on my to-do list for so long, it is essential and I will do it to all my stock carbs from now on! Only problem its caused it the float struggles to push the needle closed and stop the sudden surge of fuel, so it gushes out of the overflow if the bike is off or if the idle is too low. I'll work on that some other time, got carbon fiber single petal reed up next :)

·
Banned
21,744 Posts
I only just tried this mod last week, the bike kept dying at WOT. I have a spare stock carb in parts, so I took the petcock and did the five pence mod, and I drilled the inside out too so its really opened up.

It made a huge differeance, the bike is perfect now, it can run at WOT for long periods with no problems at all. I can't believe I left this mod on my to-do list for so long, it is essential and I will do it to all my stock carbs from now on! Only problem its caused it the float struggles to push the needle closed and stop the sudden surge of fuel, so it gushes out of the overflow if the bike is off or if the idle is too low. I'll work on that some other time, got carbon fiber single petal reed up next :)
Check the needle and seat for foreign trash>>if clear tweak the float a bit leaner

·
Registered
193 Posts
Okay thanks Cam, I'll go do that now, I'll check the jet while I 'm at it too and just make sure its all clean in there.

edit; couldn't see anything on the needle or in the hole but I cleaned them and blew the hole out both ways too. There was some crap in the bottom of the bowl so I cleaned that out, then I took the jet out, that had small stuff in too, not much but I blew it through too. Should run right now :)!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Pulled apart my carby about 60 times trying to find the reason for fuel flow issues and then found this mod and opened up the petcock and found the torn black rubber seal to sheet and blocking off the flow. I've done the 5 pence mod and got a good seal no leaking fuel. Engine is running a treat.

Thanks all for the info!
Took apart my carb to clean and find out what was the issue to strave my engine @ WOT. I also found black rubber seal in pieces in the cavity and through out the ports of the carb. :eek: I clean it out as well as open up and clean the rubber seal. Put together the black seal and white knob on peatcock. Reassemble the carb and added an inline fuel shut-off vavle. :) Tried starting it and it won't stay running. Adjusted the A/F screw and no changes. Noticed my Throttle grip has lees room to to go to WOT. Feels like it is sticking.:confused:marcelo

Help please, What could be the issue?

·
Registered
36 Posts
I just pulled the carb out and unscrewed the throttle cable. Added some lube to the one end of the cable and put it back together properly. Two pull and it started up:D It is revving really high so I screwed in the A/F screw all the way and turn it one full turn out. Still idling high :confused: I have both wheels and the chain off, could this be the reason?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Good job to everyone. The next step I was always wondering about was the small fuel inlet into the carb. Could this be Enlarged or would the increased fuel be wasted ? OR would it give the engine more RPM or Power ??

·
Banned
24,164 Posts
The best thing to do is fix it yourself. Most of the time you have to mod new stuff,lol.

·
Registered
346 Posts
I just pulled the carb out and unscrewed the throttle cable. Added some lube to the one end of the cable and put it back together properly. Two pull and it started up:D It is revving really high so I screwed in the A/F screw all the way and turn it one full turn out. Still idling high :confused: I have both wheels and the chain off, could this be the reason?

Did you put the slide in wrong? The side of the slide with the slit going all the way down goes on the petcock side of the carb, the side with the notch on the bottom goes on the idle adj. screw side of the carb.

·
Banned
24,164 Posts
I did that on one of my Cag B/B engines bikes, I started it on the ground, it tried to take off, and I picked it up in the air with my right hand and it took a few seconds to get to the kill button. It almost got away, and off the deck and an 8' drop into a gravel driveway. The piston was backwards. It would have been a mess,lol.

·
Registered
111 Posts
SpyGuy how deep on the C channel do you dremmel on the shut off knob?

DragPeg. Where can I buy one of those? Very cool looking!
Did you make that?

·
Banned
24,164 Posts
You make the channel wider not deeper, it's hard to do, the JB Weld mod is easier and you don't need the channel.
Peg Drag only made 20 or so of the inlets, and they went like hot cakes.

61 - 80 of 92 Posts