Pocketbike Forum banner

81 - 92 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
I just purchased the last three you had listed. Will you have any more available? My friend is wanting some now for his Cag's.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Does anyone have this mod on a cateye super pocket bike? Walbro type of carb? I need to see how it looks like, I need to do this mod Cz my bike isn't getting any fuel in.... Anyone. With a pic of it pls?

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
This is only for 49cc reed port engines. It is only meant for the carb down below. Sounds like your fuel line is blocked. If not then give your carb thorough cleaning. And if it is still not getting fuel then get a new one for 10-15 bucks. The picture of which this carb works with is down below. But i'm pretty sure you don't have that kind of carb. But I am guessing you have a carb like the one in the second picture?

Attachments

·
Banned
24,164 Posts
Every Cateye I ever seen has a 49cc Mitsubishi China clone piston port engine, 44mm bore x 34mm stroke with the second photo 15mm Clone Walbro WYK-192 pumper carb w/ primer bulb on the bottom. I would try a new carb, seen them as cheap as $9 shipped direct for China. Most online stores want $25 to $50, plus shipping. The first 13mm piston carb is gravity feed, with the carb below the tank. Your pumper carb has a rubber diaphram that pump gas from the tank, if it is old or has a hole it cannot pump enough gas to make the engine run right. That spring loaded screw on the side of the carb is your mid to high speed gas flow adjustment. Run it in till it stops, counting the turns, back it out 2 turns and start there. The low is down inside that round brass thing on top, need a tiny flat blade screwdriver to turn it, it I believe they epoxy it at the factory to keep it from turn under the engine vibration.

·
Registered
79 Posts
This is only for 49cc reed port engines. It is only meant for the carb down below. Sounds like your fuel line is blocked. If not then give your carb thorough cleaning. And if it is still not getting fuel then get a new one for 10-15 bucks. The picture of which this carb works with is down below. But i'm pretty sure you don't have that kind of carb. But I am guessing you have a carb like the one in the second picture?
thanks for the reply poketbik, i have the second picture, looks like im gonna have to clean the carb and do some adjustments

·
Registered
79 Posts
Every Cateye I ever seen has a 49cc Mitsubishi China clone piston port engine, 44mm bore x 34mm stroke with the second photo 15mm Clone Walbro WYK-192 pumper carb w/ primer bulb on the bottom. I would try a new carb, seen them as cheap as $9 shipped direct for China. Most online stores want $25 to $50, plus shipping. The first 13mm piston carb is gravity feed, with the carb below the tank. Your pumper carb has a rubber diaphram that pump gas from the tank, if it is old or has a hole it cannot pump enough gas to make the engine run right. That spring loaded screw on the side of the carb is your mid to high speed gas flow adjustment. Run it in till it stops, counting the turns, back it out 2 turns and start there. The low is down inside that round brass thing on top, need a tiny flat blade screwdriver to turn it, it I believe they epoxy it at the factory to keep it from turn under the engine vibration.
thanks for the reply EPR, looks like im gonna have to buy a rebuilt kit and change the gaskets and diaphram, and primer bulb. if that still doesnt work i will have to buy a new one. I have one question tho, can I upgrade my carb to the first one on the picture from PoketBik??

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
You couldn't. And that would be more of a downgrade than an upgrade. EPR could tell you what a good upgrade would be.

·
Banned
24,164 Posts
Also, it is a smaller carb 13mm which would be a downgrade and it is only for a reed port engine and you have a piston port engine. So you have no white turn off knob petcock to mod, lol.
You can buy a Walbro WYK192 rebuild kit for it for $8 to $10, a lot of little parts and gauges needed to set it up right. I got 2 whole new 15mm carbs for $7.59 ea., $15.18 + $3.72 S/H $18.98 or $9.49 ea., eBay seller. See them direct from China, free shipping for that price all the time. Need a PayPal account, free to you, you hook it to you checking, debit or credit card, and they take care of your address, shipping, nothing to fill out, you just sit back and wait for your stuff and they give you a tracking number. If the deal goes Bad, P/P and or Visa etc. got your back.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Nice job, my kids and I did the mod, the bike stared with one pull but then it died and wouldn't start again... gonna wait for the rain to hold up and see what 's next, brand new carb, new gas line with inline shutoff...

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey everyone. I just want to ask if you can cut out the inside of the rubber in the shutoff and leave the outer "o-ring" in it and install an inline shut off? Do any of you think this would work or make sense? Thanks in advance.
IMG_0449.jpg

·
Super Moderator
2,526 Posts
You don't need to worry about the rubber part or anything you just drill all the way through then put it back together

the idea is it doesn't have to pass through the little holes anymore...

Attachments

81 - 92 of 92 Posts