Pocketbike Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
23,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My water pump belt broke and the bearings where shot, so I pull the engine and took it apart to get the impellor and bearings out. Was shocked by all the miss match, rag tag garbage. The lower cyld skirt was blocking the flow from the intake channel to the main transfer ports. So, I ground everything down to match with an 8" bench grinder to a dremel, files and sand paper, rounded all the corners, nice clean passage ways. Still need to knife the side port cyld inlet. Going to leave the reed intake area alone and run a .200" spacer between the cases and reed V to move it back and let the reeds open farther, maybe from PBU or what ever. The V has FG reeds but I am putting CF reeds. I drilled 2 more holes 5/64" in the piston to lube the rod bearing, countersunk them and the 1/8" holes I drilled and tapered.
My SKF crank bearings showed up today, there Sweet. SKF 6203 open bearing, 17mm x 40mm x 12mm.
Still more work to do on the piston skirts and stuff. Have to reduce the photos to post them, coming soon,lol.

·
Banned
23,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The photos were 12mg so I took them to Paint on Windows 7. Still some work to do.

Attachments

·
Banned
21,780 Posts
I know you really didnt expect anything better than you see for the money paid...If they took the time to make sure everything jives it would of had a pricetag close to the Polini 910/911 which is $2200 brand new.........Even the Blata 2.5 costs more than that watercooled bike you have and its aircooled..

When a shaft spins inside a bearing it usually gets extra clearance between the shaft and the bearing which causes harmonic distortion and unwanted vibrations...I use a lil anerobic sealer on the shaft end to stiffen it..

Id do the bearing polishing mod to the bearings and polish the rodend journal aswell as the pin and pin bearing..........Keep up the good work EPR

·
Banned
21,780 Posts
The photos were 12mg so I took them to Paint on Windows 7. Still some work to do.
Looks pretty good so far EPR...I still see a tad room for improvement in your blueprinting quest but Im sure you know.....Looking at the wet sealing lines on the reeds show theyre sitting a lil warped and lifted or the reedblock has sealing flaws in the rubber.,,,

·
Banned
23,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, still alot to do before the finish work, got tired after 3 days. Yes, the FG reeds are twisted or something. I have a new reed block w/ steel reeds that I will put CF's on if the old one is no good. I surfaced all the parts that fit together, they were alittle ruff but flat but there real smooth now. Can't tell how the piston will be modded till the crank is in the cases and I can put the piston on the rod.

·
PBP SENIOR M!LKER
2,304 Posts
Lookin good Man!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Two Left thumbs up!! The water pump in my other GP3 Rep went bad also... I cant find my universal puller and and its driving me nuts... lol I'll be doing the same soon!!!

Have fun getting it back together!!

·
Banned
23,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
On the C1, you split the cases you pull the impellor out and pound the bearings out of the case. I got 10 new ones for $8.47 shipped. The Daytona Z1 need to get or make a spacer under the cyld. I was told to cut the bottom off another cylinder which I could, but all mine are new, hate to waste one,lol. Going to get a Blata or good grade rod bearing since the crank has SKF bearings now, you can feel the difference over the China bearings.

·
Banned
21,780 Posts
I just cant find my universal puller... I still havent been able to split the cases... Button up the hatches! Rain time!!!

Cheers!
Theres lots of times youve used the puller to do projects and the puller probably got left in one of those project boxes of oddsn ends n such.....

Rainny days calls for fun little projects.....To kill time and save money this homebuilt handheld bearing washer works as intended and can be made with items in the shop and refrigerator...LOL

Heres my lowbuck build....It can do up to 5 bearings from 10mm ID to 14mm ID at once..The spacers are bearing inner races from old worn out bearings..........

·
Banned
23,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Nice tool. I have a bearing on my C1 crank on the clutch side that does not want to come off and not much space behind it. Aero Kroil time, spray it on and pray,lol. When I split the cases both bearings stayed on the crank, the flywheel side slid right off. The new SKF bearings won't just slide into the case holes, so they should be tight. Now I need to get a real Blata piston bearing, can't find one at a bearing online store.

·
PBP SENIOR M!LKER
2,304 Posts
Ya nice tool cam!! I sure would save alot of carb cleaner if I made that... lol Thanks for the tool tip!! I got the cases apart by just putting an alan wrench in the case bolt holes and hitting them one by one while holding the top half... They came apart pretty easily.. I will find that puller someday!

Lol EPR, The Reverse Gear shaft on the Replica did the same thing.. My bearing might be there forever or is it time for the torch? lol

Good luck on the bearing search...

·
Banned
21,780 Posts
Nice tool. I have a bearing on my C1 crank on the clutch side that does not want to come off and not much space behind it. Aero Kroil time, spray it on and pray,lol. When I split the cases both bearings stayed on the crank, the flywheel side slid right off. The new SKF bearings won't just slide into the case holes, so they should be tight. Now I need to get a real Blata piston bearing, can't find one at a bearing online store.

If you got the dimensions contact wiseco......theyll get you a quality pin and pin bearing thats just as good if not better than what you removed.............

·
Banned
21,780 Posts
Ya nice tool cam!! I sure would save alot of carb cleaner if I made that... lol Thanks for the tool tip!! I got the cases apart by just putting an alan wrench in the case bolt holes and hitting them one by one while holding the top half... They came apart pretty easily.. I will find that puller someday!

Lol EPR, The Reverse Gear shaft on the Replica did the same thing.. My bearing might be there forever or is it time for the torch? lol

Good luck on the bearing search...
Thanks man..You gotta see my poor mans bearing packer tool[plastic ziplock sandwich bag]...The lowbuck bearing cleaner definately does the trick and the cleaner fluid isnt wasted...I dump the stuff back into the can but I filter it through a few layers of coffee filters...........

·
PBP SENIOR M!LKER
2,304 Posts
Thanks man..You gotta see my poor mans bearing packer tool[plastic ziplock sandwich bag]...The lowbuck bearing cleaner definately does the trick and the cleaner fluid isnt wasted...I dump the stuff back into the can but I filter it through a few layers of coffee filters...........
AHHAHAAHA! A plastic bag!!!! Very nice!!! You know I will be using that one for sure.... SOLD!!!:rolleyes:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.