Pocketbike Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
21,742 Posts
what does that mean exactly. also doesnt look like this motor has electric start on it, is ther any way to add it

Almost all piston ported engines have e-starters....Look at your pullstarter housing there will be single wire coming from a round cylindrical case bolted onto the engine....

piston ported means the intake/exhaust functions are controlled by the piston not reedpetals.....Theres 4 different kinds of 2 strokers.....reeded,,piston ported,,rotary and diesel......Technically theres 5 if you count nitro r/c engines...........:D

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
didnt see any wire coming from the pullstring housing. also when remving the carb to turn aroun the little fuel nipple broke, is there replacements i can buy or do ineeda new carb

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well found the electric start but decided I would remove the magnets like everyone says on here. Except in removal of the starter paw bolt it sheered off, so now I'm gonna have to get one of those and a new pull start

·
Banned
21,742 Posts
Oh man....you gotta be tactful aswell as kinda gentle with the chinese crap............As far as the carb you can buy a new inlet/return nipple to fix it if thats the only part that broke......When you went to remove the fuellines from the nipples you sometimes have to slice through the line at the nipple with a razor then clip off the damaged end.

The e-starters are more trouble than their worth at this point and time...reason being is that bike was most likely built between 2003 and 2006...That makes the starters/gens between 7-10 years old....once the internals rust up its only a matter of time before all the accumulation of rust and metal chips goes up in flames anyway............

·
MidnightMidbikeSyndicate
888 Posts
easy solution would be to buy a new starter no??? Plus I know alot of people on here that have gutted all the electronics in their bikes and opted for a pull start only. I Like the lights ect. So I for sure will not be going that route. Plus most parts arrive befor they are missed and a new starter would be very easy to come by...PocketBikeParts.com!!!

·
Banned
21,742 Posts
easy solution would be to buy a new starter no??? Plus I know alot of people on here that have gutted all the electronics in their bikes and opted for a pull start only. I Like the lights ect. So I for sure will not be going that route. Plus most parts arrive befor they are missed and a new starter would be very easy to come by...PocketBikeParts.com!!!
Most people who gut their e-starters need a lil more than just a simple e-starter...Most need a new harness plus a new battery aswell as the e-starter...Thats around $120.00.....

They'll pay more to have e-start than they paid for the whole bike most times plus that cash could go to real deal parts;-speed parts.......For $120 I could get a pipe,,rocket key,,hp carb,hp clutch spring,velocity stack and hp airfilter......

If your bikes in tune itll pullstart with-in 3-5 pulls...Plus...If you dont realize it ;- the e-starter generator combo is what makes pullstarting so hard to begin with........Once the e-starter is gutted pulling becomes so much easier aswell as gaining a quicker engine spool-up from lost weight and no magnetic attraction........

The 4 stroker superbikes are more viable than the two stroker models as far as operating as a true streetbike............The generators and starters are seperated........not combined.......

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.