Pocketbike Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will post pictures want all the info on this bike please. I’m sure it’s a cat eye FS509 from my recent research, but what kind?X1,X2,ninja,Z600??hard for me to tell. I’ve seen some with 2 chains which mine only has one. The little things I’ve noticed make me think I’m looking up all these other bikes for nothing and have to start over. It was rough when I got it 4 years ago and not sure how long it hasn’t been running or what’s wrong(in scrappers truck to junkyard flagged him down passing on highway) and it’s time to get it running! I wish I would’ve tried starting it but pull string is missing. Found engine on Amazon but kinda rethinking it also never took an engine apart before or even ALL the parts I need to order for possible rebuild. Started with frame and moving forward from there. Thank y’all will be looking forward to everyone’s knowledge.
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Gas Bumper
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Gas Auto part
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive exterior Automotive fuel system Automotive wheel system
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle
Wheel Tire Automotive lighting Automotive tire Motor vehicle

·
Registered
What's your poison? Mine is 40:1
882 Posts
Yeah that was definitely rough. It is just a general X1 X2 that I'm seeing right now. I know mr. Kitty knows these bikes better than me. Typical piston Port 49cc engine. The frame is looking really nice. Wiring, plastic body parts and wheels, can only be found on the used Market. Any engine part will be easily found looking up 49cc engine. It's really nice that you have the starter pawl. Hopefully the electric starter isn't jammed up. There is a mod on here to gut that electric starter and just using pull start

·
Super Moderator
3,179 Posts
It's a cateye fs509 the all tube frame and battery box gives that away you won't really know if the engine is rebuildable or not until you open it hopefully water did not get inside.

If you do not have the transmission then more than likely it's going to end up being cheaper to buy the engine transmission complete...
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Automotive lighting

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Ok thank you for that I have both wheels, fairings, and I’m pretty sure all wiring. I was going to use a new key ignition for kill switch if possible. What classifies a X1 from X2.
I see Mr. Kitty post now and I thank both of you. My engine look actually like that. So I’m guessing the trans is on the engine when sprocket is? And the mounting bracket with 2 hole on frame above the engine one is for a fuse I’ve seen in other pictures what is the other mounting hole for?

·
Super Moderator
3,179 Posts
The X1 and X2 are exactly the same bike with different transmissions the X1 had a roller chain transmission the X2 had a CVT transmission ( both transmissions are extinct and no longer available anywhere new )

The FS509 your bike has the gear drive transmission ( still manufactured and available )
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Wood Helmet Gas

·
Registered
What's your poison? Mine is 40:1
882 Posts
Bam!! Glad you have most of the parts. Engine parts are available. Like kitty said might want to pull ot apart, although I would probably try to just fire it up.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts