Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
please help me my x18 pocket bike tail light blows every few days, an i no its not just my bike b cause 80% of these bikes do it 2. some how the clutch lever is hooked up to the tail light. how do i dissconnect that. pulling the clutch makes the tail light come on that is not suppose 2 happen. i think b cause of that there is 2 much voltage going through an causing it 2 blow. so please help.

·
But who prays for Satan?
6,571 Posts
It could be a bad voltage regulator, does it only do it if the bike is running???

Like, if you had a new bulb in there and messed with it pulling the handle with the Key on but the engine off (KOEO) for like 20 minutes or something would it still blow?

What Bulb are you using? 12v right?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes i am using a 12v bulb, the bike does not have 2 b running the key just b n the on postion an if u pull the clutch n the tail light comes on. but now that i think about it, y am i worring about the old stuff on this bike when im gettin new stuff So i can build my drag bike.

·
But who prays for Satan?
6,571 Posts
hmmm, it sound's like it could also possibly be a "intermittent" short to Power, or ground, Have you checked the wiring to make sure the connections are secure, and the shielding (insulation) around the wires is all there and not touching any metal on the frame or anything like that?!?!?

·
NO GOOD DEED GOES UNPUNIS
1,278 Posts
if everything with the wires is all good i took out my tail light and removed the clear/red plastic lens by prying lightly on the tabs that hold it together and replaced it with a 1157 bulb its tight but it fits and it has not melted the plastic at all more than likely its from excessive vibration id replace it with a slim led 1157 bulb if u can find one locally in not there are plenty of places online to get it even ebay that way you dont need to remove the cover to replace the bulb and the heat will not melt the plastic so that would b your number one coice and they are less prone to fail from voltage variations oh and check the ground wire that screws right to the bulb socket if that ring wont tighten up find a slightly wider screw to replace it with cuz they get worn after changing the bulbs about 3 times and u dont get a good ground

hope this helps a bit

·
But who prays for Satan?
6,571 Posts
if everything with the wires is all good i took out my tail light and removed the clear/red plastic lens by prying lightly on the tabs that hold it together and replaced it with a 1157 bulb its tight but it fits and it has not melted the plastic at all more than likely its from excessive vibration id replace it with a slim led 1157 bulb if u can find one locally in not there are plenty of places online to get it even ebay that way you dont need to remove the cover to replace the bulb and the heat will not melt the plastic so that would b your number one coice and they are less prone to fail from voltage variations oh and check the ground wire that screws right to the bulb socket if that ring wont tighten up find a slightly wider screw to replace it with cuz they get worn after changing the bulbs about 3 times and u dont get a good ground

hope this helps a bit
Hey "drgnprelude"

That was a Good Deed, So you must be Punished! <--- I Love Your user title! it is true!

·
NO GOOD DEED GOES UNPUNIS
1,278 Posts
Yes first and fore most replace the carb u can't open it and the slide is too long to open all the way c how your throttle only turns about a quarter that's why and when u replace the carb get rid of the snorkel air intake or at least remove the metal restrictor from in front of the air filter
Step up to 1/4 fuel lines
There is also a sloppy weld that restricts exhaust flow in the head pipe right off the motor if u take it off and look in side u will c it just grind it down a bit with a dremel or a drill and a carbide bit

And yes Nick after all that help im prob going to hell lol
Whenever I do a job to help someone out it turns into a nightmare or someone gets really pi$$ed off lol ect ect so yes no good
deed goes unpunished lol so true wow I actually just got yelled at for being on here by the WiFy lol so true LMAO

·
Ninja Racer
2,767 Posts
yes, you half gut it
the brake light/clutch issue is something they do on purpose, you can unplug the two leads to the clutch perch and connect them to the right side front brake perch

1 - 10 of 10 Posts