Pocketbike Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well im pretty new few know me buy my chopper project

but most dont know i have a pocket bike too it was the donner for parts to get my chopper runing plans for it is bigger motor 125 or bigger new controls and cabels being i rob all that for the chopper and repare of the plastics and new paint and finish the striched swing arm im working on

day i got it befor the tear down to rob parts for the chopper not bad for 40.00

and now how it sits wating for new swing arm to be done and a new power plant

im also in search of these parts
foot pegs and the metal plates that go with the pegs
a gas tank
and a new or verry nice controlls
new forks as the forks i have are a little bent from last guy useing it for a dirt bike lol
new winshild

·
Banned
21,780 Posts
I wouldnt use those forks for a 125cc engine.Youre gonna want ones from an X6/X8 4 stroke bike.........I have an unfinished project that was gonna be a dragbike,,,,Its got an XR100 engine and PW80 front forks.............

·
Banned
21,780 Posts

·
Banned
23,453 Posts
Very nice, I like it. I don't know about turning but it will be more stable in a straight line. My X18 bounces & gets loose in the rear sometimes at 60 mph out of the turns. I just built a new shock but haven't ridden it yet.
You need to build in a good 10 or 11" long shock, the stock shock is a spring and a shaft going into a hole,lol.

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
I'd say it's pretty good.
If I was you I would research some threads on this forum about converting the 2stroke x1 to a 4stroker. A few people have done this conversion. That way you will be well informed on the process.

·
Banned
23,453 Posts
There good engines for a China motor. Most are pit or dirt bike engines, no electric start, and some have no stator to charge the coil or battery, some have a diffferent shift pattern. They have kicker CDI Ign plate that fires the coil, I have one here, here is a photo of all the 4 stroke stators, and a wire kit these guys sell to bypass the battery and all the junk you don't need to race,lol.

Attachments

·
Banned
21,780 Posts
I'd say it's pretty good.
If I was you I would research some threads on this forum about converting the 2stroke x1 to a 4stroker. A few people have done this conversion. That way you will be well informed on the process.

The fastest way would be to chop the 2 stroke mount off the plate,,cutt off the front downtube and mount the engine to the flat plate untilizing the pitbike/trailbike footpeg screw holes to mount the engine then get an ATC110 front engine mount and weld it up front.........

·
Banned
21,780 Posts
I chopped the 49cc plate and mount off for use on the chopper
That sux...Putting vertical mounts in isnt overly hard to weld in but getting them exactly where you need them is crucial aswell as ways to make the mounts strong enough.....Your best bet would be to purchase an X6/X8 4 stroker frame...........

·
Banned
23,453 Posts
Alright, getting serious now,lol. If you cut tubing and you extended & add pipe you can put a short smaller pipe inside for support and then weld it. Or like you did on the rear arms over the old tubes. You can always weld in gussets at the neck or where ever you need.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.