Pocketbike Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes it's a GRC gp replica called banshee , but would say about 10hp when it has a banshee engine. It could be that it only have the polini replica engine then it has 6,5hp.
Oh dear. Is it possible to find out which one it is without disassemble?
Seller says it's a bit slow of the line and needs a smaller front sprocket.
It's adjustable clutch on those? Might just need to adjust it then?

I can live with 10hp. But 6.5hp then i better wait for another one.

·
Administrator
3,529 Posts
Replica engines are junk plan on replacing the engine with a genuine one so honestly it doesn't matter how much power it has because it will have zero in a very short time...

People usually sell used genuine engines for three to four hundred $

More than likely it's already developed water pump issues or has the abnormal cylinder where and is why that seller is trying to dump it for a very low price you would be much better off saving your money for a genuine quality used Euro bike...

·
Registered
610 Posts
Take of the head and measure the bore 40mm are 50cc. The banshee engine is not soooooo bad. Replace the waterpump with a used BZM, CS, GRC or something like that, don't try to fix it, it won't work.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Ive had 3 polini rep banahee engines still have one now. The weak point is the china piston pin bearing. Replace with real polini and never had a issue. Sold my extra engines complete for $700. All you need is a bzm topend and its bulletproof

·
Registered
610 Posts
Its 50cc, 40mm bore, 39mm stroke I believe. Its a 50cc Polini clone engine, all the Euro engines have there name cast in the alum parts. I have a basket case I got way back, and rebuilt it and put the whole bike back together. I put a .003" thick base gasket from BZM/Polini 50cc gasket kit, way thinner than the stock one, .020" - .025" or so.
No its not a polini clone, the 50cc banshee engine is a zpf clone. The polini clone engine has only 40cc /36mm bore and was mounted in the polini 911 replica with a 14mm sha replica carb.
The banshee engine has a 18mm mikuni replica carb. But that detail is not on the Pic.
And the 10hp they don't have out of the box. You need a good pipe and you must set the squish to a correct gap.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Ive had 3 polini rep banahee engines still have one now. The weak point is the china piston pin bearing. Replace with real polini and never had a issue. Sold my extra engines complete for $700. All you need is a bzm topend and its bulletproof
The tweak is the complete crankshaft the big end bearing is also for the dump. Clutchside is not the normal 10mm straight shaft and squish is in the middle of nowhere 😁😁.

·
Registered
610 Posts
I bought a non running bike for 70€, I would recommend you to use origin polini parts or GRC they will fit and work good.
Chinese banshee parts are hard to find, but I know one or two suppliers where I can order them.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
What's your webshop adress? I can't remember.

Is it something I should look for when I'm testrides it, i mean if there's something that's usually broken or needs to be fixed?

What does one of those water pump costs?

·
Registered
610 Posts
www.kmhonline.at is my page.

Check the belt from the pump and the water hose!
Check the intake manifolder!

Spinn the wheels free and are the
Chain and sproket in line.

A new GRC pump cost about 70€
A used 25-45€ depending on condition.
Have a new revised BZM blue anodized pump for sell at the moment.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.