Pocketbike Forum banner

41 - 60 of 92 Posts

·
Banned
21,721 Posts
Where would I be able to buy the fairings for it?
Basically only a miracle or someone selling the same exact bike can make that happen or you can improvise and use real streetbike stuff like rear seat fairing and seat and make the bike a streetfighter..

Even if bodykits were available they used to be $350.00...…….

That's half the cost of the whole bike when it first came out in 2007..

I bought a wrecked X18 that was 1 month old..I trimmed out the damaged part of the body and then turned it into a 1pc streetfighter body with plastic epoxy and a plastic welder.....

I also had another X18 I bought without a bodykit...With a lil trimming plus doing a mod on the tail of the frame also the gastank to relocate the filler neck I used an X1 body and went streetfighter with that one too...

Good Luck

Attachments

·
Banned
21,721 Posts
Rear tire and front tire

For my X15 I put a Kenda K71 10" scooter tire and a Pirelli SL26 on the front...

On the X22 tha Kenda K71 130/70-10 doesn't fit in the cast aluminum swingarm so youre gonna have to search a lil harder for the right size in a good brand name other than Chinese..

The Pirelli was a a lot larger too..I had to raise the front fender....

·
Banned
21,721 Posts
So can I use some parts from a motorcycle or that is not a solution?

Yep I said that a streetbike tail and seat mod was an option...

It just depends on your skill level making it fit by bending the tail or fabbing parts..Its not overly hard if you have the tools skills;- a friend who's handy or money to pay someone to do it for you.....

Streetbike tail sections aren't like pocketbike tailsections…

Streetbike tailsections are open in the center...

The most expensive part of modding my 1989 CBR600 into a more modern streetfighter was buying the seat which was like $85 bux ,trunk top $55 , trunk mechanism with lock[$35] and upside down forks w/clip-ons from a 2002 954rr Hondas , the wavy rotors,front fender and 2004 GSXR 750 front rim w/axle..

The tank fillers and the 2006 CBR600 unpainted tailpiece were relatively cheap;-only $45 bux….

I took another 2006 CBR600 tailpiece with trunk piece and modified it to work with my 200cc reverse trike project...

Then I decided to go with the 1989 CBR600 tailpiece seeings this reverse trike is gonna be street legal and able to comfortably ride 2 people....

Good Luck coming up with something...

Attachments

·
Registered
24,101 Posts
All kinds of hp stuff, hp CDI & coil for one, bigger carb and intake. Tboltusa online has all kinds of stuff, from them I got a 125cc hp cyld and piston kit, takes you from 107cc to 114cc and it has a high top piston for more compression. CAM2 knows all about this stuff.

·
Banned
21,721 Posts
Are performance parts available or am I just getting my hopes up too high?
There are but when you can mod most of the stock stuff to perform why spend the loot?

This exhaust cheap n easy to do mod works for both the X18 and the X22...……….

Attachments

·
Banned
21,721 Posts
You can make the stock carb and intake more performance oriented too

I turn the PZ19mm into a 20mm,21mm and even a 22mm carb depending on power level desired...

I also mod the intake by taperporting it ...I also make the intake port hole on the head 25mm's too...…….

Theres also a mod you can do to make the carb work a hell of a lot better....

Its called the float restrictor removal mod...Im the originator of the mod too..

the way I found it was my X22 was starving for fual on long topend runs and I tweaked the float to overflow and back to lean with zero results to make it better....I had a dyno in my basement and ran it on there and while on the dyno I pumped air into the tank and found that the fuel wasn't filling the bowl fast enough....

After chopping out the EPA imposed restrictor tab the thing ran flawlessly,,I did the same to my X18 and X15 aswell but later on the carbs were replaced to 25mm's as Ill explain later...

Theres also a mod you can do to the atomizer tube by taking a small safety pin and making the holes more funnel shaped to the air passes through with more force to push the fuel up to the venture with more force....

·
Registered
24,101 Posts
If you look at my X18 it has a $190 steel alum side pipe with an all alum glass pack from an X12. Before that on the stock muffler I drilled little holes around the back inner pipe then ripped it out and cleaned it up. I had this very long 1/4" drill bit, that reached the middle baffle and drilled holes all over it, Made a big difference in sound, and help performance a little too. I have a 14th/15mm front sprocket and alum PBU 28 tooth on the rear. I put a 25mm dirt bike carb on 24mm modded alum intake manifold on top an alum carb swivel.

·
Banned
21,721 Posts
I thought pbu went out of business several years back

I haven't done business with them since 09 when they had madd problems getting orders straight and on time ..

Their site was up to generate internet traffic mainly...

Maybe theyre back...Who knows...

Give them a call and let us know.....Alls I know is their chat forum isn't working...……....LOL

·
Banned
21,721 Posts
Theres a HP wire mod you can do to the coil to get a stronger spark intensity so you can throw more fuel at it to make power..

Then theres a head breather mod....Lots say its bad to let the engine inhale the internals of the crankcase through the carb....

I say it doesn't matter and that a lil inhalation of crankcase fumes keeps down detonation and doesn't affect power as its very minute to the amount of air the engines actually getting......……

The idea is to add a fitting to the upper valve cover cap then route it up high on the frame Tee'd into to the rear crankcase ventilation fitting on the engine back around to the carburetor..

The proven theory behind the idea is to powersuck the heat fron the head to allow the valves to run cooler which keeps the engine stouter...

These engines begin to lose chug the longer and harder theyre ridden....

With the mod the engine doesn't lose chug....I do it to all my engines and the first time I saw the mod done was back in the late 70's when my dad did it to my 2 speed 1972 Honda Minitrail 50 I had...…….

With that X22 you can turn the EPA imposed air injection into a crankcase evac device that works just like the header mounted crankcase evac systems they have for drag cars...……..

The faster the engine goes the more suction that lil box makes...……..

With the control valve that works off the intake you can do a mod that adds rpm's on the topend aswell as quicker spool-ups too...

Attachments

·
Banned
21,721 Posts
Does anyone know how to get an extended swing arm or is that something you have to build
You have to do it on your own...………….They've never made an extended swingarm for an X22..Theres reasons why too...The frame isn't the strongest to add all that extra fulcrum length to and the design of the frame isn't too appealing as it looks like a Toys R Us bike and that was supposed to be the ultimate model back in 2007..Lots of hype....What sux is you cant even turn them into racing bikes either...…Theres a member that tried and almost killed himself and almost went into the spectators at the track too trying ......LOL

The most successful thing he did was mount the X15 bodykit on the X22 which wasn't hard at all seeings the bodys share similar traits like the gastank

The footpeg are bolted to a flimsy piece of c channel steel that's only screwed to nutserts that are tack welded to the frame...

Seeings the rear shock doesn't ride up n down on an angle like a conventional pocketbike youre gonna have to do some hefty research finding one skinny enough at the frame and wide enough at the rear tire with proper shock mount to get it done...

You may be able to get away with the cheesy streetbike axle extenders that extend the axle mounting back 1-2"

Off the top of my head you should look into a PW80 rear swingarm for a starter...……It has the right shock mount you need...

This is my heavily modded PW80......Front disc and better front fork mod that raises the bike 3"...Extended rear shock to raise the rear and a 1mm overbore with oilpump delete...The thing sounds and handles like a YZ80 but in a semi-auto 3 speed ..LOL

Another thing to note is those cookie cuter wheels have been deemed doomsday wheels...…..They break at the wrong times and have been known to hospitalize people...…......…

This is my X15 dragbike...It was fast...Fast enough to take a world record for a 110cc powered mini bike had that been on the agenda back then of ultra importance but what was -was getting to 250mph on my 2001 Gixxer 1000,,,LOL

Good Luck

41 - 60 of 92 Posts