Pocketbike Forum banner

61 - 80 of 92 Posts

·
Banned
21,721 Posts
If I was gonna build another drag bike I wouldn't use an X22 frame that's for sure and I wouldn't use the horizontal engine either.....

The Honda XR100 with 121cc bigbore kit would be my better choice as the vertical engine has way more power...………..

This is an X1 frame with PW80 front forks and an XE100 engine with 121cc bigbore kit installed aswell as inner rotor kit....

The advantage the XR100 frame has is its skinnier so you can tuck tighter to cut through the wind a lot easier

This was me and my nephews project then his parents decided to move to Arizona and was supposed to be a summertime project but schooling in Arizona doesn't work like NY unfortunately...…..LOL

Ive had quite a few XR100's over the years too...……..I wish I could find more pics especially the one with street tires motarded out....

The XR100 in the back has the BBK installed too its the only big bore kit I install on them.....You can see the difference over the bike with no wheels......The bottom pic too...…..

I used to have vids comparing a bone stock XR100 against one modded my way....The stock bike never had a chance....LOL

Attachments

·
Banned
21,721 Posts
And I wondered why the guy I got the x22 from was in a hurry to sell it
I'll betcha he sold most of the body pieces first too before selling the bike...……

Its the classic make more out of it scheme....Evertime a bikes missing its pullstarter/kickstarter or even shifter you can be rest assured the engine has issues just like the bikes that "Just need a Clutch or a simple Clutch Cable"..They need a lot more than that...…….LOL

I scour craigslist a lot...One time I saw wheels and forks and swingarm for an XR100 for sale...Then a week later the engine popped up...A month after that the frame with title was for sale...…….Oh and all these ads also coincided with ebay which I happened to scour all the time for deals too as he put he reserved the right to pull the ad at any time as all stuff was also posted for sale locally...…

I bought 2 whole running XR100's for what he was asking for all the parts....LOL

If you don't mind saying how much you paid Id be awefully interested in knowing..

Heres what I had to do to get piece of mind I wasn't gonna become road pizza...…………The frame is gussetted and the bolts run all the way through and nutted on the other side and the C-channel has been boxed-in....

Its like a toy compared to my X15...LOL

Blast from the past pic...…..X15 X22 and X1....

·
Registered
24,101 Posts
More than likely the bike has been crashed a few times and the body parts destroyed, Trying to ship new body parts cost a fortune. $50 part and $40 shipping. CAM2 paid $60 plus dollars shipping the Billet case engine he worked on for me.

Attachments

·
Registered
24,101 Posts
What do the body parts look like, does it run, what do the tires look like?? My avatar X18 I paid $589 new, and he wants $300, don't think so. $100 is the most I would pay. ask him more questions It's hard to even find a rear brake caliper.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Doesn’t run no chain and hole in the gas tank needs throttle cable and brake line frame is rusted and body parts are in ok condition

·
Registered
24,101 Posts
Too much trouble, I would not even pay him $100. It would be a good parts bike if you had an X15 already. He is not going to sell that piece of Junk for $300. For that price it should be clean, running good, with good body parts and tires.
Lets see what CAM2 thinks.

·
Banned
21,721 Posts
I paid 200 bucks for and surprisingly it runs great just the back brakes are locked up on the disc
That's pretty easy to fix...…………

The caliper comes on the front of a Baja 110cc semi-auto trailbike too...…

Both of these were pretty modded and pretty badazz too for Chinese crap...LOL

·
Banned
21,721 Posts
What size are the brake pads and disc?
That's hard for me to recall since its been over 8 years since I had the two X22's I had but if you buy the caliper from ebay it comes with pads...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Front-Hydraulic-Brake-Master-Caliper-Cable-1100mm-for-Dirt-Pit-Bike-110cc-150cc/123313730047?epid=27010492740&hash=item1cb61231ff:g:SxAAAOSwlThd8GNO

https://www.ebay.com/itm/FOR-15MM-AXLE-REAR-HYDRAULIC-BRAKE-MASTER-CYLINDER-CALIPER-DIRT-PIT-BIKE-BK07/331412945818?hash=item4d29c03b9a:g:QpMAAOSwm2NdCRtU

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Rear-Disc-Brake-Caliper-Master-Cylinder-for-50cc-70cc-90cc-110cc-125cc-Pit-Bike/283618616819?hash=item4208fca5f3:g:1FMAAOSwWIddgtB4

To get better pads like EBD brand you take the pads you have to a dirtbike dealership and match the pads up in the EBC brake pad book...………..

My X15 brake pads traced back to a KTM SX50/SX65

Good Luck

61 - 80 of 92 Posts