Pocketbike Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to this forum: I used to sell work and ride all types of Mini Bikes, Mini Choppers, Motorized Bikes etc. I picked up a Pocket Bike today and I have not found any information after a hour long web-seach I was curious if anybody on here could help me idenify it and let me know if it is worth putting any time or money into? Also what parts are available if any. I would like to replace the plastics and put a upgraded engine in it. Thoughs, opions and advise would be much appriciated. Links to parts would be helpful as well!!! Thanks in advance!!

·
Registered
What's your poison? Mine is 40:1
1,386 Posts
Ebay and Amazon. Plastics are available but are expensive and usually come with a few broken pieces. Yours look good from the picture. There are engines but most work you need to do yourself, some labor and a couple few key parts and you can easily double your horsepower.
There are lots of threads of people and info on what to do.
Welcome.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ebay and Amazon. Plastics are available but are expensive and usually come with a few broken pieces. Yours look good from the picture. There are engines but most work you need to do yourself, some labor and a couple few key parts and you can easily double your horsepower.
There are lots of threads of people and info on what to do.
Welcome.
Thanks is there a way to know how to search plastics - engine by type of bike? Brand?a
Whats your budget?
$250 to $300

·
Registered
569 Posts
Thanks is there a way to know how to search plastics - engine by type of bike? Brand?a $250 to $300
I still have a ton of performance parts for these bikes. I'd suggest a better air filter and reed and bigger jet. Lighter flywheel and performance exhaust would come next. When the motor blows you can get a big bore kit and put a boost port in it. You can push these engines enough that they will break the frame

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I still have a ton of performance parts for these bikes. I'd suggest a better air filter and reed and bigger jet. Lighter flywheel and performance exhaust would come next. When the motor blows you can get a big bore kit and put a boost port in it. You can push these engines enough that they will break the frame
Do you know what brand or what they call this style or vintage of pocket bike?
Whats your budget?
$250. / $300.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Still curious on what the style of frame and way to Identify parts for this bike is?
Its a mta2 or you can call it a full fairing cag. They are mainly interchangable with each other. There was a batch of pocketbikes selling on ebay in the late 00's that had a slightly different bolt pattern in the frame and fairing and you can't swap the frame or fairings with the standard cag.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Its a mta2 or you can call it a full fairing cag. They are mainly interchangable with each other. There was a batch of pocketbikes selling on ebay in the late 00's that had a slightly different bolt pattern in the frame and fairing and you can't swap the frame or fairings with the standard cag.
Thank You that helps me alot. I appreciate it.

·
Administrator
3,549 Posts
It's a full faring china CAG looks like a second gen if you take the cylinder off the engine and it's a 40mm boar then it is a second gen if it's 44mm then it's a 3rd or 4th gen the gen 1 Cags are half fairing only then the second generation Cags came in a half or full faring option.

Even though the third fourth and fifth generation have 44mm cylinders ( fifth generation or the now cag engines have the decompression notch deleted) ( unless you get one with the easy pull ) the 40mm cylinder one is faster becus it cranks out 1000 more rpm

As far as parts are concerned they are interchangeable there is a plethora of stock and aftermarket parts always available unlike a lot of the other pocket bikes where parts are hard to get and have to be sourced overseas from private parties.

They are good cheap fun bikes with great parts availability and super easy to work on they make great starter bikes with plenty of parts to keep you entertained for years.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts