Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi ! I just recently got a new pocket bike I think its a giovanni bike and I was wondering what are the steps and parts I would take or need in order to modify it up to stage 3 ... ?? I looked up a few sites but no where does it explain the impacts of the mods or how to install etc ... Can any1 help ?

Is this really a giovanni bike ?? Im a real newb when it comes to pocket bike and what Im looking for is to get maximum speed and accelaration out of that bike ... get parts info or good sites / stores , how to's modify and steps needed etc etc

I went up to 51km /hr is this top speed for this 49cc 2 stroke engine it basicly all stock parts no mods yet ...

·
PBP RACER
143 Posts
It looks like a legit Giovanni. Can you post some pictures with the fairings off? It'd give us an idea what has already been modified and what is still available for you to upgrade.

Standard upgrades on 99.5% of most pocket bikes are intake, carburetor, boost bottle and exhaust, so I'd start there. There are tons of threads on this site that you can use to educate yourself on different parts and functions. Check the How-To sections and pretty much any threads authored by CAM2 or EPR.

That should give you a starting point anyways... good luck!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok great thanks a lot ! I will take new pics and post them shortly ... Its completly stock I bought it brand new from a moto shop it came in the box lol

·
Banned
24,164 Posts
Looks like an A2 Full Fairing Cag ( MTA2 ) 49cc.

·
Hooligan
8,578 Posts
I think it's a Giovanni, too ... although EPR is correct in saying the style is an MT-A2, which is a full fairing Cag/Daytona. ("Cag" is a general blanket term that covers all Chinese-made air-cooled two-stroke minimotos, be they half or full fairing.)

Look for any thread that has "Cag" in the title, and start reading - you'll find enough mods to do a dozen different bikes witout repeating a single mod.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
And is this a good pocket bike ...?? I paid 175$ CND brand new at the store for this ... Did I get ripped off ? And do you guys wear any helmet or knee-shin pads when you ride or just go without any ... I went up to 51 km/hr on that thing I guess it must hurt if you fall off lol ??

Sorry for that newb question but what is the difference between like MTA2 , MT A1 / MT A7 / MT A4 , is it the year the speed ? the quality ? And whats the difference between Full fairing or the other one I guess half fairing whats fairings in the first place lol !

MT-A2 / CAG

Air Cooled 49cc

1) Max. load: 110kg
2) User age: >14 years old
3) Max. speed: 55km/h
4) Torque: 2.4N.m / 8000rpm
5) Engine: single cylinder, 2-stroke, air-cooled, 49cc
6) Fuel: gasoline/engine oil mix (25:1 ratio)
7) Fuel tank capacity: 2.5L
8) Transmission: chain driven
9) Start method: handle
10) Tires: 13" (tubeless)
11) Brakes: disc brakes (front and rear)

I found these specs on that site POCKET BIKE RACING CLUB HONG KONG are they pretty much accurate ??

·
Hooligan
8,578 Posts
Yah, most of us wear full gear - helmet, gloves, jacket, elbow and kneepads, definitely. It kinda hurts when you drag a knee doing 25mph .....

Model and make of the bikes ...

-MT-A1 - Half fairng Cagllari/Daytona, 47cc 2-stroke air-cooled engine
-MT-A2 - aka Blade, Raptor, MX3
- Same as above, but full fairing (sometimes these also come with 49cc)
-MT-A3 - aka GP RS-R - bike is approx 6" longer, 3"-4" higher than standard Cag, rear swingarm is pivot-mounted with a shock absorber. All drivetrain components same as standard Cag, exhaust pipe is 3"-4" longer
-MT-A4 - aka C-1, B-1 replica - 39cc-43cc water-cooled engine, five-piece frame

Pretty much, the specs are all right, BUT .... a lot of guys run 32:1 mix on the gas/oil ratio. 25:1 is used for breaking in the engine, then 32:1 afterwards. With a full synthetic, you can probably go 40:1, but I wouldn't go any further than that - remember, you're burning oil that the engine needs for lubrication along with the gas.

Oh, and an FYI: down at the lower right of your screen, you should see four buttons - Edit, Quote, and two other smaller buttons, Multi-Quote and Quick Reply. If you make a post and want to edit it, use the Edit button so you don't have twenty-four posts all in a row. If you want to quote someone, use the Quote button on their post, then write your own post and post it.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Ok sorry about that still learning how this all works ... I use a bottle for the mix and its only 25:1 how would I mix to make that 32:1 ?? So far I put in about 5-6 tanks already it runs good had to fix the idle that was a bit too high ... How much HP does this type of pocket bike has like 2 or 3 hp ?? I want to try and install a tachometer on this thing I did car mecanic but dont know much about 2 stroke engine , Maybe a device used for bicyle ( mountain bikes ) would work what do you think ? Me and my friend used 3M tape and a bit of foam to fix his Iphone to the steering bar and he had an application that gave us speed in real time it was not bad but im looking for something that could be installed permenantly ... Sorry btw for my broken english im french so thats my excuse ; )

And Can I delete another thread that I made in duplicate by mistake ???

·
Banned
24,164 Posts
Nice, better start looking for a new rear tire,lol. They have them for about $25 or so. At SP4L you can get a set of Painted Guetto Wheels for a Cag for $55 + $20 S/H a front slick tire & wheel and a wider rear slick wheel tire & just add 2, $10 set of bearings, or use the ones in your wheels on the bike, and you ready to roll.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah those tires dont last too long lol Thats what Im looking for is a wider rear wheel slick tire I have a wider rim but need a new tire basicly i dont know if I should sell my old bike or keep it as a spare one or just for parts you can see the picture under How much can I sell this bike thread ...

·
Banned
24,164 Posts
Both the bikes I bought in Canada came w/ rain tires too skinny and tall, my C1 has wider rain tires than my A2 came with.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
This is the bike im talking about I got excited at first when one guy said he was selling it I paid 200$ not knowing at all that I was getting screwed lol now I dont know what to do with it either I sell it for like 80$ cnd or keep it and get a new clutch and rear tire ... When I showed up at the moto shop the parts I needed were 65$ and I turned around and saw my new bike sitting there for like 175$ , I told them keep your parts im getting the new one lol ... How much would you ask for this one it runs good but needs new clutch and rear tire ... the fairing is almost finished scratch all over the place I guess the previous owner crashed real bad lol its even scratch on the top of the bike ...

·
Banned
24,164 Posts
Does it have a HP carb and aftermarket HP exhaust??

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Euuu thats a great question lol I will take some picture later tonight in about 1 hr and come back to post them to show you the hole deal ... Now I noticed that the air filter itself is not stock but I cant tell if the hole carb was changed or if its just the airfilter itself all I know is that one accelarates more than my repsol one ... I'll try and take good pics of the engine and the other parts to post pics later tonight ... and btw when I got my new bike the stock peg broke in not even 20 min lucky for me my friend was on it so hes the one who fell lol ; ) but does this happen alot ?? The metal rod thats inside the peg went only half way and the plastic looked old and dryed out ... I replaced them by old pegs that where on the Marlboro they are made out of soft plastic and I hockey taped them so they bend a bit and cannot break one shot like the stock ones ... I ll take pics of that too ..

·
Banned
24,164 Posts
For $20 on Ebay motors you can get metal meat hooks, that work great and they are strong. I have a box of broken stock pegs, there Junk.

Attachments

·
Hooligan
8,578 Posts
Man, I'd just keep both bikes .... While you have one of them torn down for work, you can have the other as a backup for riding. Great paint jobs.

The clutch and rear tire aren't really all that expensive, so you may as well get them at the same time you order your new rear tire for the Giovanni. The meathook footpegs are great - got 'em on my race bike - and they position your feet ust right for knee-dragging.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Here you go I tried to get as much light I could and a good angle but I think i'll have no choice but to remove it for better picture ... I noticed the exaust is pretty big too it dosent look stock either lol I compared my two bike and my repsol one is completly stock I have a small tube exhaust but the Marlboro one gets fat then slim looks a bit like the one you got on your pic EPR ... When I get a chance I will get more pics uploaded cause I know this one is pretty bad lol ..

And do meathooks peg would fit on my repsol bike or I would have to wield them to the frame ?

·
PBP RACER
143 Posts
Well you definitely have the cone filter and v-stack done. I'm not familiar enough with legit pocket bikes to tell you about the carb, I'm more accustomed to super pocket bikes.

Sounds like the repsol exhaust is stock tho, you can switch that to a fatty pipe for some extra oomph. You should still try to get a couple pictures minus the fairings. Since your bike is full fairing basically everything is covered up. You can't work on it that way, and we can't see your mechanical set up either.

It's a nice ride.

·
Registered
11 Posts
It looks like a legit Giovanni. Can you post some pictures with the fairings off? It'd give us an idea what has already been modified and what is still available for you to upgrade.

Standard upgrades on 99.5% of most pocket bikes are intake, carburetor, boost bottle and exhaust, so I'd start there. There are tons of threads on this site that you can use to educate yourself on different parts and functions. Check the How-To sections and pretty much any threads authored by CAM2 or EPR.

That should give you a starting point anyways... good luck!
Hey I was just curious would it be possible to take say a 47cc 2stroke blade pocket bike and swap the engine out with a 100cc dirt bike engine and if so would it be difficult?

1 - 20 of 72 Posts