Pocketbike Forum banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI , im new to this website and i wanted to join because i have a mini harley pocket bike and i have some questions about pocket bikes and how to better mine to . i hope someone can help me with this .

The thing is that i have a mini harley style pocket bike and its a two stroke engine with an electric starter and my problem is that one day i was going to ride my bike when all of a sudden it didn't want to start with the elecrtic starter, so i took of the gas tank casing to see what the problem was and every time i would press the start button it would make a small beeping noise and i checked to see what it was and it was a little black box under the gas tank that was making that noise. so i disconected it and i tried to start it again and it didn't work and now it wouldn't even make a noise or anything . I decided to turn it on with the pullstart and rode anyways and i noticed that my pocket bike went from a limited speed of 10 km/h to an amazing 40km/h. The thing is that i want to get it to start again with the electric starter but i dont know how, i hope somone can help me . If you need any pictures to see how it is and if you can see what the problem is please tell me im really ancious to get my pocket bike back to normal , thanks for your help and time .

·
The 2-Cycle DocToR
222 Posts
That black box is your battery. It's not charged up enough, charge it up and the electric start should start. ... It doesn't have a pull start????

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Its not my battery because i bought a new one.

The black box was an electric black box that taped in some way to the casing of the gas tank , like where all the cables are installed.

if you want i can take a picture and show you what i mean

·
Git R Dun PBracer
766 Posts
Post a few pictures if it.
Does it have a remote start or alarm on it?

·
Git R Dun PBracer
766 Posts
Dang i like that mini chopper. All the ones i see has the dual back tires. I hate those.

Whats the brand and model is your mini chopper? Im looking for spec's to see what the CM controls on your bike.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
hahahahaha , thank you , i hate those mini pocket bikes that also have the skinny double tires in the bike . thats the problem , i don't know the model or the brand i always find pocket bikes that are similar to this one but like you said its the ones with the dual tires in the back and they have a huge handle bar, you would believe me when i tell you that ive been looking for a similar bike to this one for 3 years and two weeks ago i found one that was for sale but they took it of the internet and the didn't say anything about the model or make .

·
Banned
21,742 Posts
Dang i like that mini chopper. All the ones i see has the dual back tires. I hate those.

Whats the brand and model is your mini chopper? Im looking for spec's to see what the CM controls on your bike.

The control module regulates the current coming from the generator going into the battery...........It also controls the speedometer............

I had the dual rearwheel models but Ive also had alot of single rearwheel ones...I took two and made it into one............Your model bike is a one off mini-chopper that wasnt an APC brand...Im pretty sure yours is a Boreem Mini Chopper........Yours has a 49cc engine.Mine were 43cc models

·
Git R Dun PBracer
766 Posts
Does it control the starter button to? Or just the voltage coming from it?

·
Banned
21,742 Posts
Does it control the starter button to? Or just the voltage coming from it?
It works the same as a voltage regulator for charging purposes only except on his bike it has an extra chip to convert the generator pulses into a theoretical guestimated MPH reading on the gauge....Same control module as a cateye has

The starter solenoid and safety switch aswell as starter pushbutton are most likely the possible sources of his problem if his starter motor/generator didnt burn up or a wire slipped a connector.......

·
Banned
21,742 Posts
i dont get it ?

Look at your left hand side brake handle perch...youll see wires going into it......follow the wire back to a plug.........disconnect the plug,,,,take a multimeter set to continuity test,,put probes on ends coming from brakehandle perch and squeeze the rear brakehandle.....If you get a beep its good,,do the same thing for the starter pushbutton.........No beep means no good...........

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
ok so i did the test and i did what you told me to do with the break using the multimeter and it worked and gave me voltage , it didn't beep but the brake light turned on , and i did the same thing with the start button , i disconected it and i didn't even get a beep or a voltage reading . what now ?

1 - 20 of 50 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.