Pocketbike Forum banner

21 - 40 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Can you please show me the wiring for a four stroke x 7 pocket bike. And please any pictures if you have them!!

I need to finish the bike by this friday to give it to my son for his birthday, and ive already posted like 3 threads asking for help but no one will help.

·
Registered
1 Posts
hi guys im new to the whole pocket rocket thing and comes out the wires were never connected and i have no idea where they go if someone could please send me either pictures of every wire connection or a diagram that i could use it would be appreciated. the bike is a GP RS-R and my email is [email protected]

·
Registered
8 Posts
Okay so i feel like pulling hair out im very smart and learn very easy and fast but i just dont get it. Your diagrams r good and to most imsure very helpful but i need to rewire my 49 cc boreem 2 stroke pullstart pocket bike where do i begin and also i no longer have ignition it has been cut off what do i do please help me

·
Banned
24,164 Posts
You only need a killswitch the ground the coil to stop the engine. It has a magneto & coil and makes its own spark. There are 1 or 2 small wires coming off your coil, for your key or kill.

·
Registered
1 Posts
i have a set of wires coming out hte the engine case wondering where it plugs into. also where does the wire coming from the electris starter bolt too. got bike and motor separate almost done but stuck on these two things.:confused:

·
Banned
24,164 Posts
What engine are you talking about a 2 or 4 stroke and what size is it??

·
Banned
24,164 Posts
I don't think I have X2 wiring but most 2 stroke engines are simple. You have to have a rectifier/regulator between the 12v power cable off your starter housing, in between your battery for charging, the Rect. turn AC into DC current to charge your battery and run any lights.
The engine runs on its own, I told you before, above, get the bike running good, then fix the wiring. This the wrong wiring, but it will give you an idea how the bikes are wired, you don't have a stator coil plate w/ trigger to the CDI on a 2 stroke.

Attachments

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have gotten a lot working but still have some issues.

What is working:
Headlights turn on and off at the switch.
Front and rear turn signals flash and beep.
Speedo Lights up.
Horn works

What doesn't work:
Tail lights aren't right.
Break lever switch not sure what it should be connected to.
Engine coil wires.
Starter relay wires.

I have connected all of them in various combinations and have gotten the tail light to light up but it does not turn on when you squeeze the lever. It is just on.

When you push the starter button it just clicks. The battery is fully charged.

I have been trying to use the schematics but I still can't seen to get it right.

So:

What does the break light switch( black and red connector)connect to?

What does the starter button connect to( yellow/red and green connector). I currently have it connector to a yellow/ red and black connector.

Starter relay has yellow/red and yellow/green connector currently connected to a yellow/red and yellow/green connector.

Switch box connectors:
There is a pink and red connector currently connected to a red and red connector.

There is a red and black connector currently connected to the break handle red and black connector. Edit: I found out with my multimeter that the break handle switch was bad which is contributing to the difficulties in troubleshooting.

There is a red and black connector connected to a black/white and black connector.

Finally the turn signals that came with the wire harness has the 6 pole connector like it should be the break light but it actually only has 4 wires in it. There are separate turn signal connect

·
Registered
27 Posts
After a ton of tinkering and troubleshooting I have the entire wire harness and all components hooked up and working correctly.

As it is clear to me that there isn't a comprehensive wiring diagram for the X1 or X2 I am planning on documenting my results in case anyone else ends up in the same situation I was in.

Thanks to Jason771 and EPR for their help and for the diagrams posted here. Even though they were not for my specific bike they game me enough clues to get it figured out.

21 - 40 of 56 Posts