Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know if the fuel line is clogged but I need a repair shop in Jacksonville Florida and can't find one.

·
Super Moderator
2,938 Posts
LOL you are the repair shop pocket bikes are a hobby and 80% of that hobby is learning how to work on them...

More than likely you will need to replace the carburetor you can find them A plenty on eBay and Amazon

·
Banned
380 Posts
How are they going to work on it when there is no repair manual?? For the cost of repair, even if you found someone crazy enough to work on it, would cost more than a new bike, at $100 plus an hour. There are many different types of pocket bikes, what do you have. 90% of the time its a clogged main jet, just sitting for awhile need to clean the jet. Or you can spend $20 to $40 for a new one, and replace the fuel lines and add a gas filter and shut off valve.

·
Registered
What's your poison? Mine is 40:1
583 Posts
Yes as the third cent, you need to learn to work on it yourself. It's possible a neighbor somewhere by might do you favor if you buy them a case of beer but it's best to learn how to work on this stuff yourself if you're going to own it

·
Banned
380 Posts
That has a 15mm pumper carb. the pump rubber is probably worn out so it does not pump fuel. Search eBay, 49cc 2 stroke pocket bike parts. there will be reed port and piston port engine parts like your engine. They are about $10, 2 socket head 5mm bolts hold the car to the manifold, and 2 to 4 manifold bolts. Get a 15mm/44mm V-stack and hp air filter.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Yes as the third cent, you need to learn to work on it yourself. It's possible a neighbor somewhere by might do you favor if you buy them a case of beer but it's best to learn how to work on this stuff yourself if you're going to own it
They are very simple to work on and there are lots of youtube videos where you will not have to pay for a mechanic.

·
Banned
380 Posts
Well you do need some machical skills but it pretty easy. 4 bolts hold the cyld on, remove the flywheel and clutch remove the 4 cases bolts, take it all a part.

·
Registered
What's your poison? Mine is 40:1
583 Posts
Been there. Yes very easy. I always say take everything apart keep it lined up and if you really honestly don't think you can put it back together there's always somebody that can.

·
Banned
380 Posts
There many different kits for the Cag engine. The wing billet head is my favorite one. Looks killer, makes the engine look bigger and receives many likes. Plus the compression is much better than stock. Go online to eBay, search: MT-A2 49cc 2 stroke pocket bike parts, should be a bunch of stuff here. Before you order something, I would check here first.

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts