Pocketbike Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey my pocket bike when started after max. 3 pulls it wont idle steady meaning when on stand leaning at and angle it idles low and its like its going to die and wont idle at same RPMS its nott steady. and then if you put it straight without stand it idles higher but still not a steady RPM is goes up and down. but on the move its great......

·
Banned
24,145 Posts
On my B/B engines have to keep the idle up high just before the clutches grab.
They love to stall when you let off the throttle real fast, and the idle is low.
Also your white knob turn off and the ripped rubber inside could be blocking you fuel flow, and your float level my be to low and when you lean or go fast it can't get fuel or it sucks the bowl dry.

·
Banned
24,145 Posts
You could be leaking air behind the carb when the engine gets warm it might be worse. The air gets sucked in and draws gas from the main jet and the engine runs faster on its own. I have had the bike try to take off cause of a vacuum leak at the black plastic intake manifold. If you get starting fuild and spray it around the int. manifold when its running and it increases the engine speed you have a leak, it will suck the starter fliud into the engine. The leak can lean your engine out and that will increase the idle speed. Have you looked at your reeds, are they stock tin ones??

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
my reeds are still the stock tin ones... but i have new ones their not tin their sort of plastic but they have the carbon fiber weeves in them and they are see through yellow?? are the carbon fiber and the ones that i have that are transparent yellow, are they better than the tin ones???

·
Banned
24,145 Posts
Sounds like F/G reeds, CFs are dark blackish. I put a new set of F/B on my Blue Demon engine and it ran good till it bent them back and they stayed open and the engine ran really bad. I put $10 CF reeds from PB Parts and it ran great till I blew the chain off and it locked in the 3rd bearing housing and blew it off the engine, twisted the crank 1/4". All because I got in a Big hurry and did not line up the rear gear with the pinion when I changed engs, and the chain climbed off.
That engines is now a 5 port in my Lucky 7 avatar photo.
It would not hurt to try the FiberGlass if it runs better it was your reeds, if it runs the same, its probably someting else. The reeds have to seal tight on the pads or the engine will lose its pulse and pressure inside.

·
Banned
24,145 Posts
Just keep checking everything until you find it, it could be something simple.

·
Banned
24,145 Posts
It's hard to know whats wrong with your bike online. Alot of people over tighten the reed plate screws and till reeds lift up on F/G an CF reeds are the worst. Better to go just tight and a drop of blue-medium thread locker on the otherside.

·
GHETTO FABRICATOR
1,114 Posts
what do you mean on the otherside??? cant i before screw in the screw put a drop of blue lock-tie on the screw then screw thiem in snug??
Yeah that would be the most effective since once the threads are in the nut etc the locktite isn't going to wick itself into the threads and if I am not mistaken the locktite cures in the absence of air not in the presence of air.

From the loctite website.

Loctite® Threadlockers

Threadlockers are a single component anaerobic adhesive comprised of unique liquid resins that harden (or cure) to a durable solid when exposed to metal ions in the absence of air. The anaerobic cure mechanism allows the adhesive to flow and evenly settle to lock and seal threaded fasteners without curing permanently. Any excess threadlocker will remain liquid, and is easily wiped away from the assembly.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.