Pocketbike Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey everyone,
i found a guy on cl selling their pocket bike. it was ridden three times and put away in the garage 3 years ago.
it cost me $25, and about $50 in parts ( New battery, carb, piston, and rings).
after I rebuilt the motor today here is what it looks like:

it topped out at 20mph so I will do the carb tuning tomorrow.
my shop is dead in the water right now until I can sell it and buy an air compressor.
with that being said do you think I should do some exhaust porting until I sell it, and make an expansion chamber in the exhaust pipe for some extra power?

:)

·
Banned
21,742 Posts
Welcome to the site...Thats an X2 and in really clean shape.It has a belt driven CVT transmission........The engine is 49cc piston ported....

This thread will give you an idea as to all the basic mods that you can do first but if you want to jump right in then you shouldve found this site before installing the topend....You could of saved a ton of time............

http://www.pocketbikeplanet.com/showthread.php?t=79905

As far as an exhaust get a fatty pipe........Good luck with your bike..

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well its 44mm but the piston wasnt ported? i rebuild at least one motorcycle engine a month, so this was super easy. i know the easiest thing to do to this is porting the exhaust and building something similar to a fatty pipe. i run a custom motorcycle shop so welding and everything is super easy and i dont have any money right now haha.
its funny because I compare this to my nitro RC haha
how much extra power will you think I will get from doing the exhaust?

·
Banned
21,742 Posts
well its 44mm but the piston wasnt ported? i rebuild at least one motorcycle engine a month, so this was super easy. i know the easiest thing to do to this is porting the exhaust and building something similar to a fatty pipe. i run a custom motorcycle shop so welding and everything is super easy and i dont have any money right now haha.
It depends on how you make it...I find with these engines that a dual chamber revpipe works great....It just robs the nice beefy sounding tone of the 2 stroke........

This hobby is similar to r/c.LOL..I have quite a few of them right now....In fact I built a R/C Buggy using pocketquad parts and a piston ported 49cc engine thats pumping out some power with modifications put into it....

·
Registered
538 Posts
I Believe Cam2 Meant Your Motor is a Piston Ported type intake vs. Reed Inducted.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i see. i was thinking of taking the baffles out of the exhaust and making two expansion chambers in the exhaust because after the carb tuning it only got up to 25mph. it felt like it couldn't get the exhaust out quick enough.

im asking $250 for it how long do you think it will take to sell at that price? i love in Beaverton Oregon

I'm going to be busy painting and sandblasting this week so I don't know if I will have time for this for a little while.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i couldnt get the air compressor right away and thought " exhaust?... yes" so here are some pictures of my modes exhaust.

i made the super sharp curves very mild, and made sure all the corners were very precise around the frame and such. the muffler had the rivets drilled out and 4 holes drilled in the plate to make it breathe better.

it starts 5 times easier now!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.