Pocketbike Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys so I鈥檓 new to pocket bike 馃弽 and don鈥檛 really know what鈥檚 wrong with mine I bought it off Facebook market, the guy started it up and and it running for a while then then turned off. I should have just walked away but I bought it n took it home. Next morning I turned it on once and didn鈥檛 turn on again. I bought a new spark plug carburetor pull to start and nothing although the pull to start didn鈥檛 fit so I put the old one back on could someone help please

Registered
What's your poison? Mine is 40:1
Start with the basics, check for spark. If yes and a good blue one, Then you can spray the carb (a flammable brake clean or silicone) see if it starts for a few seconds. That will tell you if it spark or fuel delivery problem.

Registered
Check for spark first. Take the spark plug off but still in the boot. Place the tip of the plug on the cylinder and pull the pull string. Then look for a spark from the plug. A healthy plug will have a blue spark. If the spark is red its a plug thats on its way out. If there is no spark then you need to make sure the coil is appropriately gapped to the flywheel (business card thick) If thats fine then check for any grounding issues. A messed up kill switch can cause this.

Make sure the carb is getting gas in the bowl. You can easily do this by slowly removing the screw at the bottom of the bowl. Gas will start to come out. Since you have used a new carb to, then the jet shouldn't be the issue.

Sometimes just taking the plug out and then pulling the pull string a bunch to air out the cylinder can help it start. When starting it you shouldn't need to give it much throttle.

Theres a few pointers for you to get started. Remember you need Air, fuel, and spark to create a flame a.k.a. fire up an engine. Keep us updated.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts